All reviews just inside the door budget stay within walking distance upon entering the room the staff was friendly and helpful close to the airport
Reviewed July 23, 2009

My wife and I (early 40s world travellers) needed only a brief overnight layover between flights so looked close to JFK for under 100. Super 8 got my vote after looking at the options but I wasn't hoping for too much. Turned out it was pleasantly great. Called for free shuttle from hotel desk phone in Federal Circle Station (on free Air Train line) and it was already on the way. Arrived at the door 1 hour after landing (domestically), baggage claim, Air Train, and shuttle. Lobby was clean, bright and open. The receptionist was kind enough to put us clear on the other side of the hotel as the only others a( group) on our floor weren't there for the rest. Room was clean, well-kept, fairly modern, and small but adequate ("1 King Bed"). Free wifi ran great Within a few blocks were a few fast-food franchises, neighborhood delis, a laundromat across the street, and mini-marts on every corner. Breakfast simple but adequate with a bit of variety, not just the obligatory coffee and muffins. Shuttle took us back this time right to our departure terminal. Overall, a sure bet for 1 night.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrianandElla
Reviewed June 20, 2009

I just needed a budget hotel near JFK and with easy access to the NY subway. I got this plus a friendly staff, a good clean room for the money, good breakfast to start the day, free internet access and a free shuttle ride to the airport, so I'd recommend it without a doubt. Yes, the location could look a little seedy at late night but is safe enough and is only 4 blocks far from Jamaica/Van Wyck subway station.
I'd stay again if I travel on a budget.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2009

(See complete photos below)
Just a great and comforting place to rest your head for a night or two after the hustle n bustle of NY. Was the best value (at the time of my trip ~ $75 - above the hostel & below remaining overpriced hotels). King room was compact but certainly enough for 1 person . Very clean. Internet was very stable and actually high speed. (Speedtest: http://www.speedtest.net/result/473984400.png )

Only complaint was that I was told conflicting info about the hours of Hotel Shuttle by two different staff members. Also there aren't irons/boards in the rooms, you have to request it at the front desk & they easily oblige.
Front desk attendant was courteous enough to watch my bags after checkout while I paced the streets for a bit.

Complete photos here: http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/f526ed0ffe1f774d2e7db7fc13a64061/

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 23, 2009

The front desk staff were very accommodating:
- Assured me that they could take delivery of a package for me before I arrived, and did so.
- When I arrived, let me upgrade to a twin room , and put up with my dithering about.

The room was fine with two clean beds. It had a huge TV, coffee making facilities and stationary. I noticed a Coke machine down the hall. The walls are a little scuffed in places and the beds are a bit shorter than usual. There is no master switch for the main room lights by the front door, and unless you turn all three on, it would be a little dark.

The bathroom was fine, with plenty of clean towels, a bath mat, and some toiletries. The free wi-fi is excellent (I am writing the review in my room atm) and the shuttle bus is useful.

The breakfast area is excellent. There is a toaster, waffle maker (& mix in a dispenser), apple juice, orange juice, coffee, bread & bagals. And jam or "jelly". A member of staff kept popping in to keep the area clean and tidy, and help guests make their waffles. It's a shame that one guest wore her pyjamas downstairs - it lowered the tone somewhat.

You can also get here on the AirTrack to Sutphin Blvd-Archer Ave‎, where you can also take the subway into Manhattan. (The journey on the AirTrack is $5. Of course, if you use the free shuttle, you save this, but I had just made some new friends who were not staying here.) There is a nice bar on 146 Jamaica Avenue between the subway station and the Super 8.

All in all, I think this represents excellent value for money. I would definitely stay here again, especially if I needed to be close to the airport, for (say) an early connecting flight.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank YoungPennybags
Reviewed October 18, 2008

I have stay there for 9 hours, it was so noisy , the staffs were so unkind , rude.

They kept me in the basement instead of hotel room, I have paid same as other customers. I have booked my room 1 month ago ,but I don't know how they select who should go to basement who should not. It had a little window to the floor of Jamaica Avenue and until morning the traffic and any car come to the hotel will make you awake. The breakfast was so simple ,bread ,butter and jam.
Don't forget to check out even if you come 10 minutes after 12M.D your cloths are in a plastic in the store and you should look for your staff.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business