“Not terrible”

Knights Inn JFK Airport NYC
Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed here while visiting St John's University. This looked to be close and/or easy to get to the school. I thought the rate was reasonable considering it's NYC! I know the prices are high. I booked a non-smoking room, but when we arrived they only had smmoking available. As a reformed smoker I did not appreciate that and I also noticed that my chest hurt every morning when I first woke up and I'm sure it was from breathing all that smokme that we could definitley smell! The hotel is very small, but the room was acceptable. It was clean and the bathtub is to die for! SUPER BIG, DEEP bathtub that was clearly NEW! We soaked int ht tub every single night of our week long trip! THAT ROOM WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY JUST FOR THE TUB!

The location is just about 3 blocks from the subway and there is also a bus line that runs right in front of the hotel. Very easy access to anywhere we wanted to go. Walking back to the hotel at night was not as bad as I had thought it would be considering the neighborhood, but we learned that most people in New York just seem to mind their own business and didn't give us a second glance.

The breakfast was minimal and the room was extremely small, so not highly rated in my book. The staff member who worked that room was rude and always blocking people from getting food. Not sure what that was about, but that and the smoke are my only real complaints. The front desk staff were kind and courteous and helpful. The free shuttle to/from the airport was a great benefit!

I would stay here again for convenience but I would most definitely need a non smoking room!

Room Tip: Some street noise no matter which room you get.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 12, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This is my second time in this hotel. Is in the middle of an diverse culture population. Black, white, Hispanics, Indians, south American, you name it. But walking the streets is very safe and interesting. If you like luxury, look for other place, this hotel provide a safe and clean stay with a great location. Is a budget friendly hotel $$$$. Hotel has a Wendys, a Mcdonald and a Dunkin Donuts 3 minutes walking. Metro station is 100 meters away. Jamaica Van Wyck. Which is great to move to Manhattan. This hotel have morning complimentary breakfast with cereals, toast, coffee and waffles. Hotel staff is always eager to help. Very nice personnel. Housekeeping always providing fresh towels. This hotel also have an airport shuttle. But say to the driver to drive slow, there is an indian guy that is always speaking loud in a cellphone that drive like a car race. Tell him to drive slow. He is around 5 feet tall. Remember to study maps at Go oo gle to enjoy the city. Ask for a metro map at the metro station. Try to study the metro stops, dominate the metro,,,,the city is yours. Good luck and enjoy New York is a great city. JFK is 8 minutes away by car.

I recommend this hotel for location, price, sleeping quality and efficient personnel. Always ask for a room away from the front street. Hotel do not have pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the front street, is a little noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Galant
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed 1 night at this motel as I was catching a flight early next morn.
The hotel was close to jfk and they provide free shuttle to the airport. this is a big plus
also had breakfast included .The food was basic but had all the things that one needs for a quick breakfast.
The coffee was very good and I loved the pancakes.You make it yourself in a very easy machine.
The room was basic but clean .The front desk was very helpfull

The subway was 3 blocks away.
IT took me 40 mins on a sunday to get to Times Square.
The room price was cheaper than the others.Well worth it for a short stay near the airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Let me first start by saying that I'm not very picky about staying somewhere. Have always had the mind set that I only need warm water and a place to lay my head. After staying here for 5 nights, I might have to change this thought process. Privacy is limited to say the least. We stayed on the 4th floor, and was able to hear people breathing next door. The bathroom and bedroom are one. Some genius decided to place a tub and toilet next to the bed with no wall. A shower curtain is your odor barrier.

The mattress was horrible. I have stayed in the area before, so the elements that are in this area really didn't bother me. My advice would to be hyper vigilant when walking to and from the subway which is conveniently close. Staff was good to go with no complaints, however breakfast was supervised by the waffle police who would not allow you to eat for trying to fix your plate because she did not like the way you did it. Just go across the street to McDonalds or Dunkin Donuts for a better start to the day.

I would look at the Lexington which use to be a Clarion. Have stayed there in the past and found it to be more comfortable.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, do not get the room with no bathroom wall. It's a tub in the middle of t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed September 10, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank Nikolaos K
Reviewed September 9, 2013

After missing out flight by ten minutes and being told that we couldn't get a connecting flight from JFK to the UK, we were placed in the predicament of having to spend the night somewhere near to JFK. Looking at the information boards from top to bottom, we found that Super 8 was at the bottom of the list, with this in mind, we thought that we'd have the best chance of getting a room for the night and within 20 minutes, the minibus driver collected us. When we arrived at the hotel, we were checked in by an Oriental gentleman and the language barrier became apparent immediately. However, we were allocated a smoking room, even though we don't smoke and were quite relieved that it didn't smell of tobacco. There were two double beds, an en-suite bathroom and a television, which for $80 a night, was reasonable. Our night passed peacefully until approximately 3am when a garbage truck emptied the refuse containers underneath our bedroom window, which meant for a restless night thereafter. Hilariously, a couple three doors down from our room were engaging in energetic nocturnal activities into the early hours of the morning which, although entertaining, ensured a night of little or no sleep! Unfortunately, we misunderstood the Oriental gentleman at reception and on arriving for breakfast the following morning, found that we were half an hour late and were left hungry. Our night at the Super 8 was certainly interesting....but as a 'port in a storm' was preferable to spending the night at JFK airport.

Room Tip: Not at the rear if the building where the skips get emptied during the early hours of the morning!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple