All reviewsjust inside the doorbudget staywithin walking distanceupon entering the roomthe staff was friendly and helpfulclose to the airport
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Reviewed September 9, 2013

After missing out flight by ten minutes and being told that we couldn't get a connecting flight from JFK to the UK, we were placed in the predicament of having to spend the night somewhere near to JFK. Looking at the information boards from top to bottom, we found that Super 8 was at the bottom of the list, with this in mind, we thought that we'd have the best chance of getting a room for the night and within 20 minutes, the minibus driver collected us. When we arrived at the hotel, we were checked in by an Oriental gentleman and the language barrier became apparent immediately. However, we were allocated a smoking room, even though we don't smoke and were quite relieved that it didn't smell of tobacco. There were two double beds, an en-suite bathroom and a television, which for $80 a night, was reasonable. Our night passed peacefully until approximately 3am when a garbage truck emptied the refuse containers underneath our bedroom window, which meant for a restless night thereafter. Hilariously, a couple three doors down from our room were engaging in energetic nocturnal activities into the early hours of the morning which, although entertaining, ensured a night of little or no sleep! Unfortunately, we misunderstood the Oriental gentleman at reception and on arriving for breakfast the following morning, found that we were half an hour late and were left hungry. Our night at the Super 8 was certainly interesting....but as a 'port in a storm' was preferable to spending the night at JFK airport.

Room Tip: Not at the rear if the building where the skips get emptied during the early hours of the morning!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was my worst stay ever. The front desk agent was completely disrespectful to me and my family. We had paid for our trip a month in advance but were told upon arrival that we would have to pay again and he refused to check to confirm the payment. When we refused to leave and he actually confirmed our payment, we were put in a smoking room with our 18 month old daughter!!!! When we complained there was no form of apology or concern. They just changed the room and handed us the keys :(. I was really disappointed. It was my first trip to New York. What a welcome!! I guess it is true what people say about New Yorkers :( . Just kidding I will not go that far but the front desk agent only started to behave funny when he realized we were Jamaicans. I kid you not. The other room was terrible as well. I photographed a tick in the bathroom and the entire floor had an odor.
Not that it was without its benefits though. The location was excellent as it was close to everywhere that we needed to be and the price was not bad.(Guess you get what you pay for). Such a let down after just coming from the Hilton Talahassee.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
super8jamaica, General Manager at Knights Inn JFK Airport NYC, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hello Mr. David,

First of all, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you had during your stay with us? If you would, please e-mail me your dates of stay and your full name at prashant25235@gmail.com, so I can look up and see who checked you in and what exactly happened? I saw that you had stayed back in Oct 2012. We have changed our front desk staff since then and we are continuously working towards improving in all fields.

I understand that was your first time in NY and you had to go through that bad experience with us and I can not correct that now but hopefully you give us a 2nd chance and we will try our best to make your stay wonderful. Again, I am sorry for all the trouble that you had during your stay and thank you for your feedback.

Prashant Patel