All reviewsjust inside the doorbudget staywithin walking distanceupon entering the roomthe staff was friendly and helpfulclose to the airport
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was my worst stay ever. The front desk agent was completely disrespectful to me and my family. We had paid for our trip a month in advance but were told upon arrival that we would have to pay again and he refused to check to confirm the payment. When we refused to leave and he actually confirmed our payment, we were put in a smoking room with our 18 month old daughter!!!! When we complained there was no form of apology or concern. They just changed the room and handed us the keys :(. I was really disappointed. It was my first trip to New York. What a welcome!! I guess it is true what people say about New Yorkers :( . Just kidding I will not go that far but the front desk agent only started to behave funny when he realized we were Jamaicans. I kid you not. The other room was terrible as well. I photographed a tick in the bathroom and the entire floor had an odor.
Not that it was without its benefits though. The location was excellent as it was close to everywhere that we needed to be and the price was not bad.(Guess you get what you pay for). Such a let down after just coming from the Hilton Talahassee.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
super8jamaica, General Manager at Knights Inn JFK Airport NYC, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hello Mr. David,

First of all, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you had during your stay with us? If you would, please e-mail me your dates of stay and your full name at prashant25235@gmail.com, so I can look up and see who checked you in and what exactly happened? I saw that you had stayed back in Oct 2012. We have changed our front desk staff since then and we are continuously working towards improving in all fields.

I understand that was your first time in NY and you had to go through that bad experience with us and I can not correct that now but hopefully you give us a 2nd chance and we will try our best to make your stay wonderful. Again, I am sorry for all the trouble that you had during your stay and thank you for your feedback.

Prashant Patel