“Clean room & friendly staff”

Knights Inn JFK Airport NYC
Ranked #22 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed July 28, 2012

The room that I was in was one of the corner room. I stayed there 4 nights, clean room, friendly staff, price was bit more than other super 8's but I guess it is NY, all the other places were in the same range. I chose this one because of the free shuttle to JFK. Only suggestion would be to have more verity in your breakfast choices. Overall nice place!! Def come back and recommend to others. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Joleen P
super8jamaica, General Manager at Knights Inn JFK Airport NYC, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for your feedback and also thank you for choosing Super 8. I am happy that you liked out hotel and the service that we provided you. We will always try our super best to improve and help our guest to make their stay more enjoyable and make them feel home.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

The hotel is nearby JFK, 10 minutes away by Shuttle bus. The neighborhood is OK, but the staff is so friendly and cooperative. Rooms are well furnished, Breakfast is continental, practical not fancy and I consider this hotel good value for money. Overall, I would rate this hotel as above average to very good.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank btoema

Reviewed June 16, 2012

The hotel is in a decent location. The staff was nice. My main complaint is that my mom found a bedbug in her bed. She kept saying she felt something on her, but I thought it was only b/c it was a new bed. She caught the darn thing and it escaped. The staff did refund us one night and changed our room, no problems. That was a plus! I wish the rooms offered micro/refrig and had better tv stations. Other than that, everything else was ok. Did not try breakfast bar. Don't think I will take a chance at this hotel again.

Room Tip: check room(beds especially!)
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank preciousjewel66
A TripAdvisor Member
Miami, Florida, USA
Reviewed June 14, 2012

this hotel is a misguide,it is no where near the arprt (jfk),athough getting their was not a problem,the driver finished his personal phone call before proceeding to pick me up at the arprt as I saw him from a distance,his attitude was not the best either,the location of the place is very questionable,the place is a very low budget I would rate it as a 1star ,hotel that is way over priced.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The airport pick up experience was a nightmare for me....the driver drove like a race car competition, ran a few red lights in the airport area....I was horrified! I survived 24 hours flying from Asia but was scare I might die in this driver hand :(

Room was quite spacious and since they dont turn on the air condition so there was a smell in the room that was not pleasant at all!

Breakfast area was so crowded I dont even have appetite to eat, but since the breakfast is free, so better not expect too much!

Room Tip: bring air freshener and your own pillow!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My partner and I spent four nights here, visiting friends in "the city". Good, clean room, comfy bed. Good staff. Two block walk to the "E" subway, direct to midtown and downtown. One gripe - the breakfast bar couldn't have been more poorly designed if they'd tried (bread on one side, toaster on other, demonic waffle maker, crammed-in long narrow table). But hey! There's a great, CHEAP Mexican breakfast place (not El Dorado, avoid, please), past subway, on left.

Room Tip: Avoid street side if you like to open windows....
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ESLTomas
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I only needed it for one night after a late flight in from London. The bed was massive, and comfy. Basically a room with big bed, TV, lights, phone and chairs, but quite a large bathroom too. Clean and tidy, ideal if you want just a room to be based in. Took about 30 mins to get from the hotel to Penn Station by metro. Took me 10 minutes to walk from hotel to station next to the Medical centre. Pleasant staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo