All reviewsjust inside the doorbudget staywithin walking distanceupon entering the roomthe staff was friendly and helpfulclose to the airport
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I only needed it for one night after a late flight in from London. The bed was massive, and comfy. Basically a room with big bed, TV, lights, phone and chairs, but quite a large bathroom too. Clean and tidy, ideal if you want just a room to be based in. Took about 30 mins to get from the hotel to Penn Station by metro. Took me 10 minutes to walk from hotel to station next to the Medical centre. Pleasant staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Fran M
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Very nice hotel near airport and underground. It is very nice for visiting new york when you need only to sleep but do not want to stay in expensive Manhattan hotels with shared bathroom bugs and dirt.
This hotel offers nice rooms and bathroom, it also has small free breakfast and free shuttle run to the airport. Ideal place for tourists who wish to economize some money and stay in a good place.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GeneralKLEO
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Stayed overnight between flights and found it to be a great place to stay. Clean, quiet, terrific service. The clerk recommended the EL Dorado for dinner. Simple, tasty, homestyle Mexican food and only a block from the hotel. The next morning I found that my tour to Egypt was cancelled and they were so nice to me while I tried to get a new flight home. Fast shuttle service every hour to the airport (JFK).

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Pamela F
Reviewed November 5, 2011

This place has everything I needed. It is not the five star hotel but service was five star. It is motel but with lot of good free services, free WiFi, shuttle to/from JFK, free breakfast. I think the breakfast could be better and the sitting area was too small seeing they look busy very much. Otherthan that It was very nice. The area was ok but I did not have any problem. The subway is only 5 min walk, takes you straight to NYC( take the E train, express, about 35 min). Good shopping option, also very good food option, fast food, local restaurants also within walking distance. I stayed here for 8 days and this is my place from now on when I go back to NY. I have stayed near the JFK and also in NYC but price beat out both those options also when I stayed near the JFK, not so many food options there but here so many to choose from.
Only downside to me was, my room was by the street side and it gets noisy sometimes but that would not stop me from going there. The staff was excellent, they gave me some good tips and direction for travel. See you in next Summer Super 8!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Keith p
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I needed a couple of nights to crash out after shopping in Manhattan. This hotel was cheap on price but not cheap on service, comfort or convenience. The reception guy was very helpful and the free shuttle service to JFK was much appreciated. Plenty of space in the room, elevator worked and so did the free wifi in the room. Bed was comfortable, room and bathroom were clean. Cab fare was $15 from JFK and the subway to Times Square $2.25. I’ve stayed in downtown Manhattan before and for much more money and a cab fare of $50 from JFK. Okay so the subway journey is 45 minutes each way which is the only downside to not staying downtoen. The Jamaica - van Wyck subway station is less than 5 minutes walk straight up the street. My room was looking out onto the street so there was a bit of noise through the night but when I've stayed downtown there was much more noise than here.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo