“Not the place for me”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ocean Park, Washington
“Not the place for me”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed here with friends in July. I can say that I will never stay again, or refer anyone to the place. When trying to get help at the front desk, I waited for an eternity, then I was told that they didn't have the time to help me. When I asked for the General Manager, they said there wasn't one. This is not the way to operate a hotel. Big thumbs down for me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank nancybees

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Limestone, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

A short stay while helping out on an airport construction project. When I pulled in that evening, I was quite concerned about the "street" parking, but the clerk assured me it was not a worry. He was right! And the location is such that there is little city noise to disturb your sleep.
Staff couldn't have been more friendly and courteous! Quick jaunt to the airport. Excellent pizza ( Pizza Port) just up the street. I wholeheartedly agree with the other r
reviews that the staff makes this place shine!!

Bill K

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank billkapaldo
Sade B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Queens / JFK Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive review of our property. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that if y our travel needs ever bring you back to Queens JFK.
Camberley
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

At first this seemend like a reasonable hotel however returning from NY for the second night our room had not been cleaned, we were locked out (which took several attempts to sort out) and we ended up collecting our clean towels from reception. The breakfast was poor (all the equipment seemened to be broken). On leaving the room I went to shut the window and the whole frame collapsed in on me with a sharp corner missing my head by an inch or two. I was quite shaken up but the staff seemed to be little bothered and replaced the window. I pointed out that this was likely to happen again and could seriously hurt or event kill somebody but they didn;t seem to see it as a problem. Give this one a wide berth.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank stephen H
Sade B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Queens / JFK Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the poor experience you had during your recent stay at our hotel. We regret the safety issue you encountered and assure you it has been addressed by our maintenance team. We know our guests deserve the best in service and amenities and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the quality hospitality you expect and deserve.
Mansfield, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

These guys were great! Every staff member was polite, pleasant, and enjoyed their job. The hotel was clean, the beds were nice, and it was quiet. Great stay, and we will definitely go there again next time we fly!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for sharing your great feedback about the staff. We are all thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you in a future stay.
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

If you travel in US and you are looking for a good hotel with parking - this one is a good choice! Moreover, it is close to the main airport JFC. The hotel has a good ratio price/quality. I recomend it for staying.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to provide you with a clean and friendly place to stay while you are away from home, and I am so happy that we provided that to you. I hope that if you are ever in the Queens JFK area you chhose to stay with us.
Watertown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The staff at this HGI is exceptional and work to their utmost to be sure the guests have a great stay. I was in and out for flights and they were efficient, friendly, professional ... making my stay as confortable as possible.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for the great review. We hope to see you in a future stay.
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed here after missing a flight at JFK. At first I just picked up the airport phone and called the first one. There are lots of hotels here with very similar names, and similar prices and judging by opinions of the airport staff (and online reviews) they are all horrible.

I'd had a day from hell and was exhausted - the last thing I wanted to do was stay in some fleapit. I wanted a decent bed, wifi and so I decided to go for the Hilton as I've often stayed in Hiltons previously.

I'm glad I did - what I found was a very reasonable, decent quality room and bathroom and an acceptable room service menu.

There were hordes of student travellers waiting for their cheap rooms at the airport and having spent a night in hotels like that previously, and got no sleep, I couldn't face it - I definitely recommend the Hilton Garden inn if you're a business traveler who just wants somewhere half decent, with no noise and whilst not hugely expensive, isn't bargain basement prices either. (I think I paid about $70 extra for the privilege of staying here) - total of $200 per night.

Good speed and free wifi, great nights sleep and a free shuttle to and from the airport that ran more often than the others (in the evening) and every half an hour seemingly 24 hours (I got the shuttle back at around 5:30am). The hotel is next to the Sheraton and you take the same shuttle - stay on the bus after it stops at the Sheraton, and it will go around the corner to the Hilton.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. We strive to provide you with a clean and friendly place to stay, and I am so happy that we provided that to you. I hope if your travel needs ever bring you back to the Queens JFK area you choose to stay with us.