“Great stay for the price!!”

Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have to start by saying, I had a great stay at this hotel for the New Year holiday! I was pleasantly surprised as to how modern and how clean the rooms were. The housekeeping staff was so friendly and very helpful. I also loved the restaurant on the 1st floor called the Landing. I had breakfast there every morning and the food was awesome! One night we purchased a bottle of wine from the bar and it was delish! The only downfall with staying at this hotel is that it ia not near any trains, so you have to have a vehicle to get to the city. The location is kinda industrial, and you don't have that NYC experience. But I would recommend staying here. I really enjoyed me stay!!

• Stayed: December 2013
Louis G, General Manager at Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

We would like to thank you for allowing us an opportunity to provide you with your lodging needs while you were in New York City.

We would also like to thank you for providing us with some feedback about your recent stay. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us during the Holidays.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We arrived from the airport in the wee hours of the morning and needed somewhere to stay for the night.

The front desk agents were friendly and accommodating. Special thanks to Nancy.

The hotel is new so the rooms are clean and modern. My children immensely enjoyed the complimentary WiFi.

I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

We would also like to thank you for providing us with some feedback about your recent stay. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us.

We were happy to hear that you were able to take a short walk to the nearby restaurants and shops.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel was nice and new. Great deals. The on site restaurant was a little high priced though.
The house keeping needs to do better than what they are doing. Overall the hotel staff is friendly and helpful.Also I found it very helpful that there were restaurants in walking distance behind the hotel. . Just work on house keeping.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ana14805

We would also like to thank you for providing us with some feedback about your recent stay. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us during your stay.

we have discussed your feedback with our Housekeeping Staff and we all work harder to ensure your satisfaction upon your return.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I guess it does exactly as it says on the tin !....Close to the airport so handy for an early morning flight. Brilliant shuttle service to JFK running every 30 mins. Driver very cheerful and helpful. Rooms - Lovely bed for a good nights sleep. Rooms and bathroom tiny - but very clean and functional. Very friendly reception staff. Good check in experience - very informative and helpful on advising of somewhere to walk to for food / drink. Only downside to this hotel is the poor bar / restaurant area. It has no atmosphere / very bland. But as I say - your not going to be here for more than 1 night. You can walk to Appleby's which is a 10 min stroll up the road for food / drink. So yes - definitely recommended for an overnight airport stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Badger789

On behalf of all Employees of the Holiday Inn Hotel at JFK Airport, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit in New York City. We realize there are many hotels to choose from and appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback about your stay. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments with our Shuttle Drivers and the rest of the Staff. They were all excited to hear to feedback from you.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed here since my sister have to catch a 8am flight from JFK.
This hotel provide a free shuttles to and from jfk or federal circle.
The bed was really comfy!
The room was really clean, this is a brand new hotel, you can still smell it!
They also have a guest laundry!
The only let down is the room was quite small.
And they don't have a free shuttles to jamaica station, otherwise it will be awesome,
Since we have to catch our flight from Newark Liberty Int.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

I'm glad you were able to take advantage of some of our services and that you had the opportunity to do your own laundry during your stay.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

What do you expect it's new and it will take some time to get the bugs out. I thought the staff was helpful and the room was excellent. A little right but perfect if your just staying to catch a flight. The only down side it's a little dither away than where I usually stay and they did not have a good selection or any for that matter of take out restaurants. So we had to eat at the place there not bad but I'll leave it at that. Also the elevators wow are they slow so try to get a room on the lower floors.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Es-Bueno

We have discussed your feedback with all our Staff members and we will work on improving the options in the restaurant as well as other departments.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

There are a lot of things I coudl say about this hotel, the bland restaurant that offers exactly one dish at a time, the bag of trash we found in the bathroom when we checked in, the missing coffee pot, etc. But one thing really stands out: the hotel is very far from the airport; and the free shuttle never arrived despite repeated phone calls and assurances that it would arrive "momentarily". The hotel left us standing in the freezing, unheated, outdoor waiting area for over 30 minutes before we finally gave up and took a cab.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Louis G, Manager at Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

On behalf of all Employees of the Holiday Inn Hotel at JFK Airport, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit in New York City. We realize there are many hotels to choose from and appreciate that you chose to stay with us. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback about your stay. We will use your feedback to help us improve the levels of service we provide all our guest in the future.

I could understand you might have felt standing at the designated pick up area at the JFK Airport and we are working hard at ensuring we pick up our guest in a more frequent basis.