“Would go back out to the airport again just to eat here.”
Review of O'Neal's

O'Neal's
Ranked #230 of 408 Restaurants in Jamaica
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“Would go back out to the airport again just to eat here.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Last week we were flying out of Terminal 8 on a 10:30pm American flight to Heathrow and found ourselves hungry before the flight. We had about a half-hour before boarding and O'Neal's was right by our gate and just seemed more substantial than a lot of the other offerings in that area. It was packed but lucky for us there were a couple tables available. We asked our server if it would be possible to get out of there in under 25 minutes and he said it would be fine (I'm sure they're used to that). My son saw someone with chicken fingers before we even sat down and thought they looked awesome, so he ordered those and said they were just as good as they looked. I ordered the Irish Nachos. They were the bomb! OMG, it was a huge order and I wanted to eat ALL of it but I was trying to be good and not do such a heavy meal before an overnight flight (not good for sleeping or for jetlag). I'm really bummed that I can't go there again without being a ticketed passenger, as the O'Neal's in the city closed a few years ago. Anyway, if you're there, please have some for me, okay?

• Visited February 2013