All reviews burger king jfk airport federal circle adequate breakfast room was clean rooms are small an early morning flight free shuttle between flights free breakfast new york fresh fruit short stay coffee maker front desk staff driver manhattan
Reviewed May 13, 2018

If there was a lower rating this place would have it. I reserved a room there partly based on the photos. The establishment looks nothing like this The front desk is beat up, the chairs nonexistent and a man was hanging around the "lobby". As I was waiting to check in a woman reeking of beer walked in and up the stairs. Another woman got in the elevator with me who was talking to herself and an imaginary person. The room was fine, but there was no USB port so I called down to the desk and the man there said I could come down and charge off of his computer. I was not going to stand in the lobby. He sent a man up to look for a port. Upon his leaving (I told him to go since I was not going to be staying there) I found that he had left the door open. When I went down I told the desk clerk that I was not going to pay for it and he referred me to the manager on Monday (that's fine). There were numerous people hanging around the outside. The picture does not show the fencing nor the trash outside the place. All pictures except the rooms are deceiving.

Do not, I repeat do not stay there unless you are not concerned for safety. In addition, I booked through Hotels.com and now the price for the room is $100 less. Because of what I paid I would have to call it mid range, but it is anything but.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Chris A, General Manager at Sleep Inn JFK Airport Rockaway Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2018

Dear littlett,We are truly sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations.We appreciate your time for letting us know how we are doing. Every comment helps us to improve upon our guest services and quality. Please let me assure you that we are doing everything we can to address this issue.
We greatly appreciate your business and hope you give us a chance to redeem ourselves the next time you are in the town.

Sincerely

Reviewed February 26, 2018

I needed a place to stay for a night before our morning flight from JFK. It was probably due to the busy period, all the hotels in the vicinity was priced high including this one. With little choices, I opted for this hotel as it also offers free transfer to the airport.

Firstly, I was surprised that we were given rooms in the "basement" - the C Level. This is a first for me considering the high price I paid for the rooms. Then we found the rooms to be quite small compared to the other hotels we have been staying in New York during this trip. Next, the toilet was small too and the door is faulty and it scrapes the floor while making a loud screeching noise when opening/closing. So, imagine we either have to leave the toilet door in the the present position or live with the loud noise when opening or closing (very bad particularly when your roommate is asleep). The carpet in the room is not in its best condition and cleanliness.

The worse part are the thin wall and main doors. Because of this, I can hear quite clearly the sound of the occupants and their "nocturnal acclivities" in the room next door.

Breakfast was ok and the free shuttle was the only upside.

Will I come return? Probably not.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2018

NewYork area hotels are pricey and I got an excellent online rate which no one else could beat. When you arrive at JFK take the AirTrain to the Federal Circle stop and call the hotel. They sent the van with a 15 minute wait. The ride is 10 minutes to the hotel. I had a room on the basement level. Room was a bit small but comfortable. Not suggested for long stay. The room has TV, coffee maker and iron. No microwave. Free breakfast in the am which was ok. Shower had no place or receptacle for soap or shampoo. Staff was very friendly. Front desk staff from Nepal and India while housekeeping was Spanish speaking. Small gym with treadmill and some weight machines. Shuttle back to airport requires one hr notice. I would stay there again but only for a short stay.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank CaptNevrek
Reviewed January 31, 2018

I usually travel from JFK airport, the hotel is located 10-15 minutes drive from JFK airport, they provide a free shuttle which is a good value for money, you are saving around 100$. Breakfast was really nice and hot served, rooms are nice and clean, staff was very helpful and friendly. I stayed there so many times and I really enjoyed my stay. Best value for money

Room Tip: its depend on your arriving time and availability of rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

It's very close to JFK airport and hotel also provide free shuttle for 24/7. The room were very nice and well maintained. The staff members were very friendly and helpful. They also served free breakfast and free wifi. You can book your shuttle in advance for back to JFK so you can catch your flight on time. It's was really great experience.

Stayed: January 2018