“Pleasant surprise”

Sleep Inn JFK Airport Rockaway Blvd
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Booked one night at the Sleep Inn JFK on Rockaway Blvd., arriving from JFK. Pick-up from the JFK Federal Circle station was a breeze. Driver was extremely helpful to us and kind to give information to confused travelers. Ride was short, check-in was also fast. Rooms are newer, very clean and breakfast adequate.

Room Tip: Call after you retrieve your luggage, take the airport shuttle(I believe it's called Airtran) a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Gene Z
Anil M, Manager at Sleep Inn JFK Airport Rockaway Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Ms.Gene Z,
Thank You for taking time and put reviews on trip advisor, your review is really important for us and our future guest also,
We feel really good while guest staying at our hotel and our enthusiastic team always eager to provide the best possible service to our esteem guest.
Hope to see you again if you really like our service.
We really appreciate your business!!

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

The Sleep Inn JFK was a pleasant surprise. Rockaway blvd is not mid Manhattan. The neighborhood looks industrial but the people were very nice. The Chicken Shack down the street was great. Good chicken, good service and cheap prices. The room was gorgeous. Small but very very nice. Very clean and a good breakfast. What more could you ask for? How about one of the cheapest price by the airport. We will stay there again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Philip B

Dear Mr. Phillip B,
We hope you are in pink of health and Thank You for taking your time to put reviews on trip advisor.
We share your review with our entire team and they feel glad to know that you like our hotel and services.
Hope to see you again and believe that you would definitely share your experience about your stay in hotel Sleep Inn JFK Rockaway Blvd with your family and friends and recommended it.
Thank You for your business.

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is a convenient location for JFK. Cheap. Tiny rooms. Sheets had a hole in them and when I took a shower, while I was drying my self off, I noticed RED LIPSTICK on my towel! Ew!
Would I stay here again? Not so much. I think I'll splurge the extra $20 and try another one.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Anil M, Manager at Sleep Inn JFK Airport Rockaway Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank You for your time to share review on trip advisor your review is really important to us.
Please accept our apology on behalf of our entire team for failing to reach your expectation during your recent visit at our hotel.
We have already discuss with our concern department regarding your problem and ensure that
you will get a better service from our part in your future visit.
Hope you would like to stay with us again and give us an opportunity to serve you better,

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Pretty cheap for NY. It is not so good outside but interior just OK. Rooms are small but clean, nice and cozy. Equipped with everything. Very modern stuff (TV ect.). The best breakfast I have ever had in any hotels in the world (I mean in this price category). It is not continental it is full English. Friendly, helpful staff. Free shuttle bus to from JFK.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shishkin

Dear Mr.Shishkin Tyumen,
Thank You very much for your time and sharing review on trip advisor,
It is our pleasure to serve our all guest better and our enthusiastic team always ready for it ,
Thank You for choosing Sleep Inn Jfk Rockaway Blvd for your stay.
We really appreciate your business!!!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Unexpectedly stranded overnight due to a delayed flight and missed connection, I checked in at 1:00 am and was pleasantly surprised by how quickly the shuttle arrived, the pleasant gentleman who checked me in, and the low rate I paid. The room was small but very clean and quiet with contemporary furnishings, and the complimentary breakfast was a nice bonus. It reminded me of a Hampton Inn, but at half the price of the JFK Hampton Inn. My one complaint is that apparently due to some miscommunication between the shuttle driver and front desk, the 9:30 am shuttle I reserved didn't appear until 9:55. Fortunately I still made my flight and all was well, but it was stressful to wait that long.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank glaciergirl3
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night when our travels meant we had a late arrival in JFK and then an early flight out the next day. This place is what you need it to be. It is easy to get to, clean, we had a comfortable bed and the free airport transfer was very convenient. There also is complimentary breakfast and great Wi-Fi and the hotel also appears to have accessible facilities for those who may have difficulties in mobility. Very friendly and accommodating staff too. Quite a good option!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Twofriendsoftravel
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Staff was very nice; facility was very clean and nicely decorated; the facility felt secure despite being in a great neighborhood; very convenient to JFK., good shuttle service, but far from NY, transit hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Dilya K
Anil M, Manager at Sleep Inn JFK Airport Rockaway Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Ms.Dilya K,
Thank You for your valuable feedback we really appreciate that.
We feel immense pleasure to provide you very comfortable accommodation at Sleep Inn Jfk Rockaway Blvd.
Hope to see you again,