“Good Value for One or Two Nights - OK.”

Sleep Inn JFK Airport Rockaway Blvd
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
New York City, New York
“Good Value for One or Two Nights - OK.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Pros: new hotel, enclosed rooms, breakfast is very decent, staff has excellent customer service

Cons: nothing other than Burger King is nearby, narrow hallways, elevator is very slow, luggage cart broken or needs alignment, parking lot small - if you arrive late, you will have to park in the street.

I rented this hotel simply because it was close to a venue that I had a performance. Customer service at front desk and staff were excellent. Was a little surprised my room was in the lower level of the hotel, but the advantage was that it was down the hall from the dining area. Room was a little drafty cause of location but very nice.

Keep in mind that the staff works out of spaces on the lower level and it may be a little more noisy than other floors. Staff is very friendly and helpful, although I found the shuttle driver to be a little weird roaming around halls late at night but nice.

I would definitely recommend if you need a decently priced hotel for one or two nights, go for it. Next time I would stay on the upper floors and not lower level.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My stay at this hotel was very good, Hot breakfast excellent, quiet, friendly and helpful staff, free shuttle service to the airport, free WiFi, business center, gym, fridge in rooms, near by local restaurants and small shops, clean rooms and hallways, just Great !!

Room Tip: Convenient near the airport
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank happybuddy1
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Needed a place close to JFK since I was flying out early the next morning and the Sleep Inn fit the bill. The room was clean with modern decor, a tad bit small but you have to consider the location. The service was friendly, no issues there and the hotel was fairly quiet. The only concern I had was the lack of parking, they only had maybe 20 spaces total. I would stay here again if flying out from JFK.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I couldn't find the Sleep Inn JFK Airport hotel on Liberty Ave in my search, so I'm writing my review under this name. The neighborhood on Liberty Ave. was not very nice, but I had such a pleasant stay!! The hotel is clean and had a cozy feel. My room, 218, was small but perfect for what I needed. I had to sleep there before a 16 hr flight back to Dubai where I live/work as a teacher. The hotel let me sign up for their rewards program, so I didn't have to check out until 2 pm (great because I had a 6:30pm flight)!! The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and the room had a flat screen tv, microwave and fridge. The internet didn't work in my room, but I went down to the lobby and they gave me the password to sign in to a different connection. Overall, I will def. stay here again!! Richard the security guard was such a sweetheart and helped me with my heavy bags with a smile on his face. May at the front desk was also very sweet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We booked this hotel because of the free continental breakfast, free internet and free shuttle. We booked it for NYE (3 nights). The room and the beds were very small, but clean except for the carpet. All supplies of toilet paper ran out. Internet in the rooom did not work for 2 days. No wine bottle opener was available (on the 31st), it was locked somewhere and the lady at the front desk didn't have access. We had to call the hotel 3 times for the shuttle pick-up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sanfranco

Travelers are raving about these Jamaica hotels

boston, ma
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I booked this hotel for NYE. We arrived in our vehicle and immediately found parking in the rear of the hotel. We walked in and a very pleasant and polite girl greeted us. Check in was a breeze. We had a late check out too. The room was clean and nicely decorated. It is small but cozy. We were given double beds per last minute request. The room is very quite. You cannot hear traffic outside. We checked out even faster than when we checked in. When we were about to leave into our car. The first desk clerk ran after us to let us know we forgot some clothes in the closet. The maid had found the clothes and immedialty contacted the front desk. I would stay here again any time and I recommend this hotel. Thank you so much Sleep Inn @ Rockaway Blvd. for making stay as easy and stress free.

Room Tip: Our room was next to the elevator and I didnt hear a sound!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank argenis925
Philadelphia
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Had an early flight to Bangkok out of JFK. Researched the options near the airport and picked this property. In retrospect it fit all the criteria. It was very clean (as it is less then a year old), the staff was extremely courteous, and it took about 5 minutes to get to our terminal at JFK in the very early morning.

If an absolute quiet room is what you are looking for, ask for the basement room next to the gym. It is a tomb. Exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple