“Very Helpful Staff”

Best Western Jamaica Inn
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I needed a hotel near JFK for just one night. I found this hotel on the Internet and booked on-line. When I arrived I was made welcome. Travelling on my own I didn't need 5 star accommodation, and this hotel was perfect for my needs. The room was large and comfortable with everything I needed included...iron...tv...coffee making...wifi Internet connection. I went down for breakfast in the morning, also included, and there was a good breakfast bar, again everything I needed. No 'silver service' and white table clothes, but a clean cafe with a helpful attendant.
Having had a run-in with the taxi driver the previous night, I was relieved when the desk clerk not only called me a taxi, but came out to see I was well taken care of. If I have to return to the same area, I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Tighcasla
There are newer reviews for Best Western Jamaica Inn

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed there for a few nights with friends and family and we had a great stay.
The room was clean, same with the bathroom, it wasn't too noisy considering it's right by Van Wyck expwy and it's a 5min walk to the closes train station, which will take you into Manhattan in about 25 min.
Our main reason to choose this hotel was the price, since it was one of the least expensive I could find, and I feel it was a fair price for NYC in the summer.
We greatly appreciated not being in Manhattan all the time, thus taking a break from all the traffic, big buildings and crowds.
The little plus: the waffle machine in the breakfast room!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank danagillian
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed there on July 27 and we do not have a lot of complaints.

A couple of annoying issues however, the WIFI which is much too slow and therefor worthless. I did not contact the front desk because I could log on to the next door hotel WIFI and this worked well. As a second annoying issue there is the noice from the interstate.

In general it is mid level but expensive.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank BossErpe-Belgium
Reviewed July 3, 2012

average, comfortable rooms at this hotel situated at the outskirts of NY, near the JFK airport.
The breakfast served has a good variety, cozy dining room. The staff is warm and affectionate.
Located right on the expressway highway so probably better to go for a room located at the back. The neighborhood doesn't look very safe so be cautious if venturing out late at night. The subway is also approachable. Overall adequately priced.

Room Tip: rooms are clean.
Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shivs180
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Only reason we stayed here for one night was we need to catch an early morning flight out of JFK. It is located along a service road next to a busy expressway between 2 subway stations. Didn't feel safe with the neighbourhood when checked in late at night, as even the front desk staff was behind some glass window for obvious reason.

The room with a King bed was quite small but clean generally. The rate for this Best Western is comparable to other better located places that I have stayed in Queens so I have no reason to stay here again given other choices.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Billy Z
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This place is very clean...area around hotel is safe and clean...next to expressway so get room in back...rooms are average but clean and cared for...priced right for location...I was on third floor...back rooms are higher numbers...310...411...lower numbers near front and elevator...wifi worked...flat screen tvs are not great quality...has HBO but not AMC...only 37 channels....CNN also...bathrooms are small and clean...only room for one person at a time...

Room Tip: See above for room tips
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank ILvIndia
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We got this hotel for a great deal on a name your own price website. I couldn't have been happier! The rooms were updated and very clean - I was very pleasantly surprised at what I got for the price that I paid!!!! I would have expected to pay much more for this type of room. Even though this property is located beside the expressway, we could not hear any traffic noise at all. All of the front desk staff were extremely kind and very helpful with information. They were professional and courteous - much more than I expected for the price and the star rating!!! It is an easy walk to the subway and on a very convenient route for getting to the city. It was only $17.80 from the airport to the hotel by taxi and once there, we purchased a 7 day unlimited subway/bus Metro card for $29. This was an excellent place to stay in New York with convenience to everything we needed as well as great amenities and service.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends