Very close to JFK and the free shuttle service is handy when coming from or going to the airport, and useful as well if you're going to connect to the subway via the airport's Air Train. Room was acceptably clean, bed was comfortable, and amenities include a personal safe and a flat screen TV with a large selection of channels. Breakfast was the highlight of the hotel. Very impressive considering the relatively low cost of the stay. Everyone was courteous and helpful and the whole atmosphere resembled that of a good 4 stars hotel.
Two issues though; first, upon checking in for my pre-paid reservation I was told that they need to authorise (but not charge) my credit card for $20 just in case I "damage the room" as they put it. The booking's fine line stated this indeed so I didn't argue, but it's certainly annoying when you're considered a potential for damage before you set foot in the room. It's also quite useless since no one can take a dime from your credit card without your authorisation as long as you know how to make a proper charge-back claim, and they would end up paying a reversal fee to their credit card processor on top of it. Only legal action can make someone pay for an alleged damage, so the hotel would be better of cancelling that annoying policy. Second issue was the window in the room did not seal properly. Cold NYC night wind was getting in through the space between the two window panels and it wasn't fun.
Overall a nice place to stay, and I'll be going back next time I need to stop in the big apple.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jamaica, New York March 2, 2013 – The BEST WESTERN Kennedy Airport in Jamaica, New York has received the Best Western Director’s Award for outstanding quality standards. The Director’s Award recognizes best Western hotels scoring in the top 20 percent of more than 2,100 North American properties in cleanliness and maintenance. Hotels must also meet best Western’s requirements for design and high customer service scores to qualify for the distinction.“The Director’s Award is an important symbol of success,” says General Manager Michael Williams. “This award confirms the BEST WESTERN Kennedy Airport commitment to providing quality accommodations for our quests. Our housekeeping and maintenance departments have worked hard to achieve this level of excellence.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Best Western JFK Airport Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kennedy Airport Hotel Jamaica
- Best Western Hotel Jamaica
- Best Western Jamaica
- Jamaica Best Western