“4 out of 5”

Best Western JFK Airport Hotel
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Very close to JFK and the free shuttle service is handy when coming from or going to the airport, and useful as well if you're going to connect to the subway via the airport's Air Train. Room was acceptably clean, bed was comfortable, and amenities include a personal safe and a flat screen TV with a large selection of channels. Breakfast was the highlight of the hotel. Very impressive considering the relatively low cost of the stay. Everyone was courteous and helpful and the whole atmosphere resembled that of a good 4 stars hotel.

Two issues though; first, upon checking in for my pre-paid reservation I was told that they need to authorise (but not charge) my credit card for $20 just in case I "damage the room" as they put it. The booking's fine line stated this indeed so I didn't argue, but it's certainly annoying when you're considered a potential for damage before you set foot in the room. It's also quite useless since no one can take a dime from your credit card without your authorisation as long as you know how to make a proper charge-back claim, and they would end up paying a reversal fee to their credit card processor on top of it. Only legal action can make someone pay for an alleged damage, so the hotel would be better of cancelling that annoying policy. Second issue was the window in the room did not seal properly. Cold NYC night wind was getting in through the space between the two window panels and it wasn't fun.

Overall a nice place to stay, and I'll be going back next time I need to stop in the big apple.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel is facing a road and traffic continues through the night. The distance makes t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Mike_Pacetta, General Manager at Best Western JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Hello and thank you for your response. I agree that our breakfast goes above and beyond traditional hotels. We can't let our travelers leave on an empty stomach!

As far as being a potential "damage" to the room, please accept my apologies for the chosen verbiage. Our incidental hold is primarily for phone calls since we have many international travelers. You are correct that if any damages were made to the room our only recourse would be legal action. I have since had a chat with the desk about their choice of words.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Everything worked as promised, which is little bit surprising and unusual for Best Western Hotels today. Anyway there was no Jihaa or jahoos in this stay. Shuttle came and went and everything was normal.

Thank Matti R. S
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Excellent hotel and service. I shall share my experiences with family and friends and shall recommend the same. The only suggestion that I may have is hotel location. If someone visits for recreation/leisure, it is difficult to commute to main city. Hotel should begin some pick n drop facility for main NYC.

Mazhar,

Thank you so much for the great review. A response like this is why many of us get into and stay in this industry. Providing exceptional customer service is always our top priority at Best Western JFK. I have shared your feedback with our staff and the sense of pride that they get from reviews like yours is unparalleled. Again, thank you and safe travels.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

We missed our flight at JFK and had to stay in this hotel overnight until we could catch the next flight. We paid extra for a room with a jetted tub, but the jetted tub was not working. But, we did not get refunded for the additional cost of the room. The outlet in the wall was not working, so we had to charge everything through the outlet on the desk lamp across the room. The hotel staff that worked behind the desk were very kind, but the shuttle driver who took us to the airport was extremely disrespectful and inconsiderate. My husband (who has difficulty walking) was making his way down the hallway, and the shuttle driver was threatening to leave us there because it was 4:31 a.m. and he was supposed to leave at 4:30 a.m. He was extremely rude and drove like a mad man - we felt very unsafe in the shuttle that morning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mike_Pacetta, General Manager at Best Western JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I did reach out to you via email to let you know that we did provide a refund for the jetted tub not functioning properly. Again, I apologize that we were not able to accommodate you according to our typical level of service. Rest assured, we addressed the situation of the van driver as that was completely unacceptable behavior. Please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel. 7189772100. You can also reach me by email at mpacetta@mrhotelmanagement.net.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here for one night after arriving at JFK from an international flight. Pick up their free shuttle from Federal Circle which you can get to via the Air Train from any terminal. The shuttle runs 24 hours and drops off at all the terminals from the hotel.

Swift friendly check-in. Excellent free Wi-Fi. A comfortable bed, hot shower and clean room is all you can want for one night and which you will find here. There are drinks and snacks vending machines in the hotel and a small fitness centre with modern equipment. The breakfast was included in the rate and was fine for what it was. Fruit, juices, pancakes, waffles, donuts?!, scrambled eggs and sausages.

I didn't feel I needed to leave the hotel but 2 blocks east from the hotel there is a Burger King and a 7-11.

I have no issues recommending this place as a good airport hotel.

1  Thank walshyfamily

Thank you for the review. You basically summed up our amenities! I'm glad we were here to accommodate you. We look forward to your next stay so that we may continue providing you exceptional service!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Excellent shuttle service to local restaurants, trains, and terminals; accommodating shuttle schedules and drivers. Breakfast was good. Rooms were quite not only from planes but also from neighboring rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Mike_Pacetta, General Manager at Best Western JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding the shuttle service. It is a very important aspect of our hotel and I am glad you were able to take advantage of it. Reviews like this really help travelers figure out which hotel to choose when coming to the area. Thanks again and safe travels!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I would recommend this hotel for travelers who are just overnighting at JFK Airport. I don't think that it would be a good place to stay in for any longer than that. My room needed a face lift, and certainly the air conditioning system seemed rather antiquated. Service-wise, I got a feeling of a sort of confusion, as if there was so much going on all at the same time, that efficiency was elusive. The surroundings are not salubrious, but the location is convenient and there is a complimentary airport shuttle.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Mike_Pacetta, General Manager at Best Western JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Hello and thank you for recommending our hotel to others! I appreciate your review. We do have several guests that stay with us for extended periods of time because of our complimentary full breakfast and refrigerators that are available upon request. But more often than not, we cater to those on their way in or out of the JFK airport. Our free airport shuttle and close proximity to JFK make us an ideal location for travelers.