“Good for a night's sleep”

Best Western JFK Airport Hotel
Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed here twice over a weekend while I was visiting NYC for business. It's a great little hotel if you want to be close to JFK for an early morning flight. It's nothing special, but having breakfast included in the price is really helpful. It's clean and reasonably priced, but I wouldn't stay here for longer than a couple of nights as there's really nothing to do nearby.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Mike_Pacetta, General Manager at Best Western JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Thank you for the review! I am glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast. While there is not much within walking distance, you are more than welcome to take our complimentary airport shuttle to the train station. From there it is a short train ride to Manhattan- where the options for things to do are limitless! Please let me know when you are back in town and I will be happy to provide you with some of New York City's most entertaining options.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stopped at this hotel for 1 night before my flight home to england early the next morning. And although it cost me $55 to get from new york to the hotel as it was in queens. It was a lovely hotel. The receptionist guy was very friendly and he explained everything. He gave me my room number. When i went into my room everything was fresh and clean. There was a coffee machine on the side. the lot. I would recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Steven B

Thank you , Stephen B for the feedback. I have shared your comments with the gentlemen who helped you. Next time you are in the area, feel free to contact me and I will guide you in using public transit, which is much more affordable than the taxi!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

All employees were very kind to us. Too bad we only stayed there one night/a couple of hours. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is traveling to NYC on business or vacationing. Its a great hotel and near the airport. Our shuttle service driver was great as well. The breakfast, delicious. Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the great feedback! We appreciate your business and I will certainly share your comments with the staff and shuttle driver. I am glad our close proximity to the airport was convenient for you. We look forward to your return the next time you are in the city.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We arrived in the evening after our flight from London, Heathrow. We had to call the hotel to get someone to pick us up, and after arriving at the spot we were told we got welcomed with a huge queue of people waiting for their hotel pick ups. After waiting for 10/15 minutes someone arrived and took us to the hotel. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and efficient. The room was small but for a quick stopover before our flight in the morning it was fine. There were two double beds given to us for a family of four and the bathroom was a good enough size with a big mirror. The included breakfast was served early which meant we could eat before leaving. It was a buffet style but had plenty of choice of hot and cold foods, and tea and coffee. I would stay here again if I was stopping over before a flight in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jordan-Ann B
Michael W, General Manager at Best Western JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and share your experiences with the Trip Advisor community. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and will use this to get better at what we do. Thank you for the high accolades about our Front Desk Staff, our Rooms, Breakfast and Shuttle Drivers. I am so pleased you experienced this service. We certainly hope you will return to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night after arriving into JFK late in the day before a transatlantic flight the following evening. The only positive from the stay was the price. If you are looking for a hotel for the very same reason, I would advise away from this hotel.
Most airport hotels are located off site so I will not give this hotel a bad rating on its location.

To reach the hotel, you need to board the AirTrain from any terminal and go to Federal Circle. From there, follow the walking signs to hotel shuttle buses. You will see phones as you walk. Simply call the hotel and they will inform you when one will come. More on that later.
You may get either the Best Western or the Holiday Inn Express shuttle (next door to each other). The journey from Federal Circle is only around 5 minutes.

On arrival, I was greeted by a receptionist who whilst was not rude, did not have a very motivated attitude.
Our room was small (which was not an issue) but smelt of must which was quite unpleasant. The bed sheets where quite worn and tired and faint outlines of stains also visible.
I stayed in a twin room. There is a TV with a variety of channels as well as a coffee maker and desk. An iron is also available in the room.

The main issue came in the morning. Prior to my arrival at the hotel, I inquired about a late check-out to allow a brief visit into Manhattan and a quick shower before going to the airport. I was advised to simply inform reception and I could have the room until 3.30pm for the payment of $40. I informed the reception staff on my arrival and was informed to mention it in the morning. Which I did. However, the gentleman on reception at that time, informed me I had to inform his relief colleague at 9am. Not much good when I was wishing to go out at 6am. I eventually managed to get this sorted but not without issues.

On my return to Federal Circle, I called the hotel to request a shuttle bus. I was informed one would arrive in around 20 minutes. After 35 minutes, my travel companion contacted the hotel to inquire to its whereabouts. He was given the exact same statement as I was. It seems its a default reply during "off peak hours". It comes when it comes, basically.

The hotel shuttle has a schedule for returning from the hotel only, but will take you to each terminal departing at 30 minutes past each hour only. Despite having a number of shuttle buses parked outside of the hotel.

In short, if you simply need a very basic hotel with no frills and slightly under average customer service then stay here. Personally, I would not re visit.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank metromuppet

I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and share your experiences with the Trip Advisor community. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will use this to get better at what we do. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.
Happily I am pleased to announce Kennedy Airport is currently undergoing renovations with new terminal, plazas, restaurants and easier means of transportation throughout the airport .So yes, steps are being made to improve transport and customer service. If given the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel. We are confident we'll show you the service that we are so proud.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

all i can say this hotel is average for the rate you are paying. They was pretty knowledgeable. I was not there most of the time because I had buisness meetings going on. The breaskfreast was ok. I do have few suggestions about breakfreast is to have some fruit , turkey sausage or bacon for the people that don't eat and lactose free milk for the people who can't drink milk and i'm in that category.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and share your experiences with the Trip Advisor community. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and will use this to get better at what we do. We do alternate our breakfast selections to accommodate a verity of our guests. We will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Average because there are some good parts and some not so good. It's close to the airport but the shuttle only runs every hour. A long time to wait if you just miss one. There is breakfast thrown in which is perfectly adequate. The coffee from here is good. The coffee provided in the room is terrible so don't bother. The fitness centre was unavailable when we were there. It was quiet and comfortable bed. Other than breakfast there is no other food in house. They offer menus and the establishment delivers to the lobby. Pizza, Chinese and Indian. Nothing we fancied

You do NOT need to pay $5 to use the air train at JFK to get to other terminals or the hotel shuttles. It's free. It's also confusing because all signs say you need to pay. You can also take the trolley in the train with you which helps. Enjoy.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tiish

I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and share your experiences with the Trip Advisor community Best Western Kennedy Airport strives for perfect guest satisfaction. We are very happy you experienced this service.
The Fitness Center is completely renovated and ready for you to enjoy for an optimal workout. We are currently revisiting a more flavorful coffee choice to enjoy while relaxing in your room as well.
We hope you will return to our property in the near future. I sure you will enjoy our new fitness center and new selection of in room coffee. Again thank you for your comments we are delighted to serve you.

Mike Williams