“Good breakfast”

Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We arrived in the evening after our flight from London, Heathrow. We had to call the hotel to get someone to pick us up, and after arriving at the spot we were told we got welcomed with a huge queue of people waiting for their hotel pick ups. After waiting for 10/15 minutes someone arrived and took us to the hotel. The girl at the front desk was very friendly and efficient. The room was small but for a quick stopover before our flight in the morning it was fine. There were two double beds given to us for a family of four and the bathroom was a good enough size with a big mirror. The included breakfast was served early which meant we could eat before leaving. It was a buffet style but had plenty of choice of hot and cold foods, and tea and coffee. I would stay here again if I was stopping over before a flight in the morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jordan-Ann B
Michael W, General Manager at Best Western JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and share your experiences with the Trip Advisor community. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and will use this to get better at what we do. Thank you for the high accolades about our Front Desk Staff, our Rooms, Breakfast and Shuttle Drivers. I am so pleased you experienced this service. We certainly hope you will return to our hotel in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night after arriving into JFK late in the day before a transatlantic flight the following evening. The only positive from the stay was the price. If you are looking for a hotel for the very same reason, I would advise away from this hotel.
Most airport hotels are located off site so I will not give this hotel a bad rating on its location.

To reach the hotel, you need to board the AirTrain from any terminal and go to Federal Circle. From there, follow the walking signs to hotel shuttle buses. You will see phones as you walk. Simply call the hotel and they will inform you when one will come. More on that later.
You may get either the Best Western or the Holiday Inn Express shuttle (next door to each other). The journey from Federal Circle is only around 5 minutes.

On arrival, I was greeted by a receptionist who whilst was not rude, did not have a very motivated attitude.
Our room was small (which was not an issue) but smelt of must which was quite unpleasant. The bed sheets where quite worn and tired and faint outlines of stains also visible.
I stayed in a twin room. There is a TV with a variety of channels as well as a coffee maker and desk. An iron is also available in the room.

The main issue came in the morning. Prior to my arrival at the hotel, I inquired about a late check-out to allow a brief visit into Manhattan and a quick shower before going to the airport. I was advised to simply inform reception and I could have the room until 3.30pm for the payment of $40. I informed the reception staff on my arrival and was informed to mention it in the morning. Which I did. However, the gentleman on reception at that time, informed me I had to inform his relief colleague at 9am. Not much good when I was wishing to go out at 6am. I eventually managed to get this sorted but not without issues.

On my return to Federal Circle, I called the hotel to request a shuttle bus. I was informed one would arrive in around 20 minutes. After 35 minutes, my travel companion contacted the hotel to inquire to its whereabouts. He was given the exact same statement as I was. It seems its a default reply during "off peak hours". It comes when it comes, basically.

The hotel shuttle has a schedule for returning from the hotel only, but will take you to each terminal departing at 30 minutes past each hour only. Despite having a number of shuttle buses parked outside of the hotel.

In short, if you simply need a very basic hotel with no frills and slightly under average customer service then stay here. Personally, I would not re visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank metromuppet
I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and share your experiences with the Trip Advisor community. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will use this to get better at what we do. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.
Happily I am pleased to announce Kennedy Airport is currently undergoing renovations with new terminal, plazas, restaurants and easier means of transportation throughout the airport .So yes, steps are being made to improve transport and customer service. If given the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel. We are confident we'll show you the service that we are so proud.

Travelers are raving about these Jamaica hotels

little rock, United States
Reviewed September 18, 2013

all i can say this hotel is average for the rate you are paying. They was pretty knowledgeable. I was not there most of the time because I had buisness meetings going on. The breaskfreast was ok. I do have few suggestions about breakfreast is to have some fruit , turkey sausage or bacon for the people that don't eat and lactose free milk for the people who can't drink milk and i'm in that category.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and share your experiences with the Trip Advisor community. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and will use this to get better at what we do. We do alternate our breakfast selections to accommodate a verity of our guests. We will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Average because there are some good parts and some not so good. It's close to the airport but the shuttle only runs every hour. A long time to wait if you just miss one. There is breakfast thrown in which is perfectly adequate. The coffee from here is good. The coffee provided in the room is terrible so don't bother. The fitness centre was unavailable when we were there. It was quiet and comfortable bed. Other than breakfast there is no other food in house. They offer menus and the establishment delivers to the lobby. Pizza, Chinese and Indian. Nothing we fancied

You do NOT need to pay $5 to use the air train at JFK to get to other terminals or the hotel shuttles. It's free. It's also confusing because all signs say you need to pay. You can also take the trolley in the train with you which helps. Enjoy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tiish
I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and share your experiences with the Trip Advisor community Best Western Kennedy Airport strives for perfect guest satisfaction. We are very happy you experienced this service.
The Fitness Center is completely renovated and ready for you to enjoy for an optimal workout. We are currently revisiting a more flavorful coffee choice to enjoy while relaxing in your room as well.
We hope you will return to our property in the near future. I sure you will enjoy our new fitness center and new selection of in room coffee. Again thank you for your comments we are delighted to serve you.

Mike Williams
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The negative side: Dark and dirty hotel with the cost almost the double of the cost specified at reservation on the Best Western site. Service and breakfast we below expectations. Hotel manager contacted and never received any feedback. The positive side - it is really close to JFK s and the shuttle service is handy. Conclusion - not a place where I'd advice you to go and I hope Best Western management has a chat with the hotel manager

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Michael W, General Manager at Best Western JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this candid review of our hotel. As you can see by the many positive reviews of our hotel, what you experienced is definitely not the standard at our hotel, and I certainly do apologize for not receiving your message or notice of the issues you experienced. Please contact me directly so that we can address your concerns and that I can get more details so that we can fix these issues.
My direct email address is mwilliams@mrhotelgroup.com.

The guests experiences here at Best Western Kennedy Airport are recognized highly by many travelers around the world. We make every effort to ensure every stay is comfortable and enjoyable.

Mike Williams
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This property is easy if you are going to JFK. When we arrived we wanted to go to Manhattan for the day and within minutes our van was here. When we wanted to return to the hotel it was simple.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael W, General Manager at Best Western JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your easy stay! We look forward to being your hotel of choice the next time your travels bring you back through the NYC area.
Glasgow
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel is located a few minutes from JFK airport and is clean. The rooms are fairly small in comparison to other hotels, but we were only staying for a night as we had an early morning flight. The staff were pleasant and welcoming and provided some local take out delivery menus as there is no restaurant in the hotel and not much near by.

Breakfast was complimentary however we were leaving at 5am so did not have the chance to have any. There is also a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank roma81jp
Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay! Our hotel prides itself on the conveinence we offer to the airport and New York City. I am happy to see you were pleased with the overall helpfulness and friendliness of our team- they are truly great!
In regard to our early morning breakfast. We do serve a Grab and Go express bag with juice, bottled, water, mix fruit cups, fresh fruit, muffins and granola bar for you to take with you after 4:30am.
We are so glad you had a great time with us. For your next visit to New York-JFK, we hope you will make Best Western Kennedy Airport your hotel of choice.