“Perfect for quick overnight”

Best Western JFK Airport Hotel
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Currently Oregon
“Perfect for quick overnight”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

No frills but certainly nice, clean and pleasant with a great staff. 24hr shuttle (after you take airport train to Federal Circle where all shuttles are as well as rental cars. Their shuttle leaves hotel on the half hour so picks up about 40 minutes after hour. not on call) Hotel supplies delivery menus from local restaurants but there is NOTHING in the somewhat dicey neighborhood. But everywhere in the vicinity of JFK is dicey so no big deal. Bottom line... Employees have great attitude, though rooms aren't large they are nicely furnished and clean. If you need a quick overnight and don't want to pay the absurd airport prices, this is a good choice.

Stayed May 2013
Michael W, General Manager at Best Western JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and share your experiences with the tripadvisor community. We greatly appreciate your constructive feedback we take great pride in our hotel and the service we provide to all our guests. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tucson
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We made our reservation via email. Our plane was late into JFK , we missed our connecting flight. We had to stay overnight. We called the best western for pick up shuttle . We were told to meet the shuttle at a location we were unable to reach as the airport train was out of service. Tried to call them back on our cell phone, no answer. Called them on airport phone, still no answer. After several attempts to reach them, with on one answering we took a cab. We had the address, the cabbie couldn't find the hotel. We finally reach the hotel and the desk person couldn't communicate directions to our cabbie. The hotel is two and one half miles from the hotel, it took us one hour to find the hotel. For all this we paid $200 for the night in a tiny run down room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Evelyn C
Michael W, General Manager at Best Western JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Best Western Kennedy Airport. I apologize for the issue concerning the airport shuttle. And no answer on the phone when you called back. Our goal at Best Western Kennedy Airport is to please 100% of our guests unfortunately we did not meet our goal with you. Immediately after we received your report of the incident regarding unanswered phone calls we took steps to ensure this will not happen again.We hope you will return to our property in the near future. Have a wonderful day.

Travelers are raving about these Jamaica hotels

Brewster, MA
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed here because it was close to the airport and our flight got in late. We were just looking for a place to sleep before driving the 4 hours home. We were pleasantly surprised. It was very close to JFK and easy to find with free overnight parking. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was a good size, comfortable bed, and very clean. The breakfast was very good with eggs, waffles, fruit etc... a large selection of items to choose from and VERY clean and well-stocked despite the fact I'm sure quite a few had eaten before us. I would have given it 5 stars except the work-out room was unavailable for some reason.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet non-smoking room and we got one.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CapeCodder48
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Kennedy Airport. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback. Like you we are also proud of our breakfast selection and we are currently renovating our guest rooms. At Best Western Kennedy Airport we will continue to collect feedback about our amenities and service which will help us to deliver consistent customer satisfaction to all our guests in the future. Have a wonderful day.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked a room here because of their Park and Fly package - one night includes 7 days free parking. I only needed the room for a few hours due to a 11:30pm flight. Unfortunately when I arrived at 3pm checkin time my room wasn't ready until 3:45pm and then the room was actually a storage area so they moved me to a nicer room with a jacuzzi. The long term parking is offsite and you have to drive the car there and take a shuttle back. It wasn't too bad but make sure you listen to the driving instructions one missed turn and you are in a lot of traffic. The offsite parking company was very professional and I was comfortable leaving my car there. They got me back to the hotel very quickly but still the entire process check in and parking took two hours and I ended up spending only three hours in the room. The shuttle to the airport left on time and the driver helped me with my bags. On my return I do not have to go back to the hotel instead I call the parking company directly and they will pick me up at JFK.

If they had checked me in at 3pm and parked the car for me I would give 5stars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing the Best Western Kennedy Airport we strive for perfect guest satisfaction. We are very happy you experienced this performance. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and will use this to get better.We hope you will return to our property in the near future. Have a wonderful day.
Lancaster, California
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The hotel and staff were amazing. The room was just right for the solo, disabled, business traveler. The staff was awesome, very friendly, and helpful (shuttle bus drivers, front desk, housekeeping, car service). It is nice, clean, and very comfortable. It was more than what I was expecting. Close to the airport. I couldn't find anything that would bring about a negative review. I will most likely choose the BW Kennedy airport again! :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Michael W, General Manager at Best Western JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We are very happy you experienced this performance. We strive to provide accommodations that exceed our guest expectations on every visit. Your positive feedback makes it all worth our efforts. We hope you will return to our property in the near future.
nassau,bahamas
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Big surprise….the double rooms here are huge! I haven’t stayed at a Best Western in a few years and from what I remember they were kinda shabby and run down. I don’t know if this one was recently renovated or something but it was VERY nice, especially being a basic airport/overnight hotel. I’ve stayed at La Quinta JFk Airport as well as Comfort Inn JFK airport and of the three I think I’d go with Best Western for overall look, quality and feel. The only downside is there’s really nothing surrounding it to walk to (or at least that I saw…maybe I’m wrong).
The only downside was of the two packages I order to be sent there, they couldn’t find one on the night I checked in but when someone else looked in the morning it was right there all along. Just a case of not looking for things properly. All in all, nice hotel and I’d stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Michael W, General Manager at Best Western JFK Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and share your experiences with the Trip Advisor community. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and will use this to get better at what we do. I am so pleased you experienced this performance. We hope you will return to our property in the near future.

Warmest Regards,
Mike Williams
Epsom, UK
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Was exhausted when I arrived. Check-in fast and efficient. This isn't a place to stay to see NY, but if you have a late/early flight its good. Rooms basic, but clean. Toiletries good.
Bear in mind that the airport shuttle from hotel only runs once per hour and then you need to get AirTrain as well. I had to get the 3.30am shuttle. As I was the only person on it, the driver took me direct to Terminal rather than dropping me at the bus stop which was a really nice gesture. Compared to other airport hotels, such as Heathrow, the hotels at JFK are not near the airport, but this would be a good choice and I'd use it again.

Room Tip: They are all pretty much the same. You will be hear to sleep & shower, not enjoy the views!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NkkLndn
I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and share your experiences with the Trip Advisor community. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will use this to get better at what we do every day.