“Good place but kind of small rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express At JFK

Holiday Inn Express At JFK
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Sydney, Australia
“Good place but kind of small rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here our first night in New York. Taxis really don't like the small fare and drove us around in circles saying he was lost for 20 minutes but when we finally got there we really liked the place. The only downside was the small rooms, we booked a room with 2 queen beds and me my wife and my brother in law were tripping over each other. The staff are amazing though and the 3 buffet breakfast was a great start to the day

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
ReeceN89,

Thank you for writing a review and recommending my property on the Tripadvisor website. There is no need to take a taxi from JFK as we have a complimentary shuttle that runs 24 hours a day. When you arrive at JFK airport take the AirTrain to Federal Circle and our shuttle will take you to the hotel. We all look forward to your next visit.

Brent A. Hnatow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The airport shuttle was promt. The staff were very friendly and courteous. My room was clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was good. The gym was closed, which didn't make me happy. Overall, a great choice near JFK.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
JetBlue Driver,

Our fitness center is currently closed as we remodel. However we are scheduled to reopen the gym on February 28th and we have made arrangements for our guests to use an offsite facility in the interim. Thank you for recommending my property and we look forward to your next visit.

Jamaica
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Well, we usually have to transit through JFK and often need to stay over night nearby. We opted for this hotel while coming from India and in turned out to be just perfect and comfortable that you expect after long haul flights. Hotel offers complimentary internet and b'fast which was manageable. Exceptional was the hotel staff and the reception given with some bottles of water to add. Really saw the warm welcome and treatment after long time in a transit hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms seems good there are not much exceptions. Only thing is service life is just to cover few...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Pariluna,

I am glad you opted to stay at my property and I do have to agree with your assessment that my associates are “exceptional.” Thank you for sharing your warm welcome with all our future guests on the Tripadvisor website.

new york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

stayed at this hotel due to hurricane sandy,, had 3 rooms for my family ,, spent over $15,000 ,, only to find out the hotel billed me for a room that I did not occupy , and submitted false documents to Amex.. disputed with Amex and finally hotel offered me a $500.00 settlement on a overcharge of $1700.00,, shame on this hotel and its management.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank seanote
Seanote,

I have read the review which you recently posted about my property. As I am not personally aware of the assertions made in the review I would like to speak with you directly to discuss the matter. Please contact me directly at 1-718-977-3100 extension 455 or if you prefer I can be reached via email at BHNATOW@MRHOTELGROUP.COM. I look forward to speaking with you.

Brent A. Hnatow

Travelers are raving about these Jamaica hotels

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Michael Drake offered excellent customer service and helped solve a major issue with our reservation very quickly. He went above and beyond and this was much appreciated. Room was under Nick S.

Thank you, John T.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
JohnDThom003,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review of my property. I have shared your comments with my front office associate Michael and he was jubilant at being recognized by a one of our guests. We all look forward to your next visit.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

The management and employees of this hotel were very welcoming and really nice! The hotel is clean and is exactly what you want for a business trip hotel. They were very helpful with transportation needs, information about the area, and generally delightful people. No offense to New Yorkers, but coming from Atlanta, I didn't expect southern hospitality, but that is exactly what I feel I got. Thanks!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Mfloyd51,

I truly appreciate the time you took to write a review of my property. We were all happy to read that you enjoyed our Northern Hospitality. Thank you for the delightful review and we all look forward to your next trip from Atlanta.

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

You wouldn't expect to find first class service, smiling faces and friendly helpful staff at such a non high end facility but surprise, this HIE gives it's guests these services and more. A very decent complimentary breakfast , comfortable rooms, plenty of hot water .Amanda Byrnes, Michael and the rest of the front desk crew can't do enough for their guests. Kudos to all of them and their staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Rob R,

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with the traveling community on Tripadvisor. I shared your comments with both Amanda and Michael and they were ecstatic at being recognized for their exceptional service. We all look forward to your next visit from Naples.