“Very confortable!”

Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Roma
“Very confortable!”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

The room are nice and confortable, the breakfast is very good (express pancakes machine, cereals, croissants, cinnamon cakes..), we stopped there for one night with a 18 months baby, we had a crib and all The employers were very helpfull and nice.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Letizia S,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review of my property. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentarty full hot breakfast buffet served from 5 AM to 9 AM daily. We wish you and yours a great 2014 and we all look forward to your next visit.

Brent A. Hnatow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Brewster, New York
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Tried booking a double room at the hotel before winter storm Hercules hit NYC JFK airport on 01/02/14- the price for a double room went from $120 to $399 plus tax - total was going to cost $460 or so-
That is totally UNETHICAL and probably illegal when people are stranded or about to be stranded- SHAME ON YOU HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS JFK-

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Venus2014,

We do engage in dynamic pricing when setting rates for our hotel rooms based on demand. Our rates can fluctuate throughout the day but we remain extremely competitive in our market. We include a complimentary full hot breakfast buffet, complimentary Wi-Fi, and have a shuttle that runs 24 hours a day to and from JFK airport. We are also a good value if you are looking to explore the cultural offerings of New York City as public transportation is easily accessible from the hotel . The New York City market is more expensive than other parts of the country.

If I can be of any assistance clarifying our pricing structure, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 718-977-3100 ext 455.

Brent A. Hnatow

Travelers are raving about these Jamaica hotels

Greenwood, Delaware
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I want to thank Amanda and the excellent staff at the Holiday Inn JFK for providing first rate customer service and a clean comfortable room. It was snowing like crazy and rooms were scarce and I had just gotten from an international trip and did not want to spend time looking for a hotel. Even though they were showing booked on line they found a room at a fair price and even got my uniform shirts cleaned before I checked out the next day! I travel for a living and stay in hotels every week and I can honestly say I have never been treated better. Thanks again Amanda and the great staff at Holiday Inn JFK.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert A
Robert A,

I truly appreciate you sharing your experiences with my property on Tripadvisor. I have shared your comments with my associates and Amanda was especially ecstatic at being recognized for her customer service. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your next visit.

Raleigh, NC
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Typical Holiday Inn Express, building older, rooms clean and updated. The staff, however, were exceptional. The hotel was completely booked, very busy and the weather was bad. Check-in was thorough and I was given all the information I could possibly need. When I walked through the lobby a few hours after check-in, I was greeted by name (and mine is difficult and unusual). Everyone was cheery and seemed sincere, completely opposite of the expected NY "attitude". Would stay here again.

Room Tip: My room faced the highway and it was still quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ncholly,

I have to agree with your review that my associates are “exceptional.” I was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the review and we look forward to your next visit.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Needed a room for the night before a very early flight home. Stayed here. Correct, clean, no frills. OK for a night before a flight. Transport to the airport (only about a mile away) was fine even before dawn but first come first served so be sure to get there early. Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bcobert
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Bcobert,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

...and this one most definitely was.

While at this hotel someone crashed into a local transformer and we lost power for about 4 hours. To put it simply the staff during this time was simply amazing. One of the front desk girls, Amanda, was an excellent hostess. Constantly (not in an annoying manner) checking to see if everything was allright. Offering flashlights, and or glow sticks to provide sufficient lighting in an otherwise blacked out room. She was always upbeat and in a positive attitude that was catchy to say the least. I stay at hotels on a weekly basis for work, and she simply went above and beyond the call of duty. Truly, truly, impressive.

Bryan and Tanesha also left me with a feeling of being at home. I may have only dealt with them temporarily during checking in and checking out, and a little during the "blackout", none-the-less, they left me feeling comfortable and right at home.

Hands down one of the best staffs I have had the pleasure of dealing with.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Milano
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We reserved and prepaid a twin room for 3 people. The room was not available at the check-in (11:20 pm) and we had only one choice: a king bed + a small sofa bed. No upgrade available.
Of course, the room was not ready for three people as reserved (and supposed guaranteed as it was a prepaid room).

We had to ask for the sheets and blanket and the third set of towels ...after 20minutes we're still waiting for our room ready ...

This is an unacceptable service for this international company specialized in hospitality!

Stayed December 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear BPolito,

Thank you very much for your feedback. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations on this visit. I have sent you a private message to discuss further.

Pam G