Holiday Inn Express At JFK
$139
$129
Fairfield Inn
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Jamaica Inn(Jamaica)(Great Value!)
$154
$136
Hotels.com
$145
$127
HolidayInn.com
All reviewscinnamon rollsone nightclose to the airporthourly shuttlenew yorkfederal circlefree breakfastruns every hournext morningfront desk staffyogurtan overnight stayan airport hotelother hotelsshuttle servicebreakfast roomrooms are small
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 26, 2013

It's a Holiday Inn Express, so anyone familiar with the brand will know what to expect. We drove into Queens and found the parking very convenient. The early morning drive to terminal 4 to meet our daughter took about 8 minutes.

Check in was a little slow with only one person on the front desk, but the service was friendly and efficient throughout our stay. There was a manager's reception on the go (happens a few nights a week) - which seems to offer some complimentary snacks. We only arrived after 8pm and ordered from one of the local curry vendors - which took just under 2 hours to deliver. Which is not reflection on the hotel. There are no convenient restaurants nearby unless you have a car.

We did not use the shuttle service.
The room was reasonably clean for a HI Express.
There is a small selection of microwave meals available for purchase, but our room had no microwave. You have to heat your meal in the breakfast area.
Breakfast is basic.
I have used two other airport hotels at JFK and this one is in my opinion, better for overnight parking.
Would I stay here again? Yes if had to drive to JFK and park overnight.

Room Tip: The 5th (top) floor is non smoking.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Noel S,

It is nice to receive feedback from our valued guests like you. I am pleased that despite the slow check-in experience you had, the rest of your stay went fine and you found our staff to be friendly.

Please see us soon if your travels bring you back to the area.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Arrived at the hotel from overseas for an overnight stay due to my connecting domestic flight not departing until the following morning. Checkin was very efficient. The front desk personnel also invited me in to enjoy free beverages at their manager's reception, and handed me some menus for delivery restaurants. They also had an acceptable breakfast in the morning, which included scrambled eggs and bacon, as well as a number of other options. The only challenge was at checkout, when I found my name had dropped from their database, resulting in them reflecting me as a NO SHOW. They were not able to resolve this on the spot; that is the ONLY reason I rate them as a "4", rather than a "5." Otherwise, everything was at or above my expectations, and I would stay here again (although, I might joke with the staff a bit about making sure I REALLY was in their system, in order to avoid irritation later in filing my travel vouchers with my employer...)

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Staff were friendly, check in was quick, breakfast was good, room was comfortable, and airport shuttle was on time. They have a little mini convenience area where you can buy microwaveable dinners, snacks, drinks (soda, water, beer and i think even wine), and free popcorn.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

On transit during my business travel, I stayed here for a night. The hotel is a few minutes from JFK airport. Hotel provides shuttle service to the airport at regular intervals. Staff are very courteous and helpful. A very nice place to stay.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank prakashhegde
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed here 2 nights for thanksgiving...needed a place with a parking lot and since many of the airport hotels don't have parking this hotel was perfect. The room was fine...it was a little musty but that may have been because the heat was on. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were great. I checked in fast and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I didnt make it down for breakfast on either day so I cant comment on that. Otherwise...my stay here was what I expected based on other reviews and the hotel website.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo