“Excellent Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Express At JFK
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with a group of 39 teenagers. We had confusions with the rooms and many special requests and things that we needed assistance with. Mike Drake, the Guest Service Ambassador, was extremely friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. He went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels around the country and the world and I have not experienced such excellent customer service or met such a competent employee anywhere, ever. He is wonderful and because of him our stay at the hotel was wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Kristen C,

Thank you for writing a wonderful review of my property. I have shared your comments with Michael who was in seventh heaven at being recognized by a well-traveled tour leader. I appreciate you sharing your experiences with the Tripadvisor community.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean and comfortable though tight for a family of four. Service is excellent and the breakfast is awesome. The shuttle service is good and reliable. Lots of food choices for dinner that will deliver.

• Stayed: July 2013
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

John S,

Thank You for writing a review of my property. We were pleased to read you found our complimentary full hot breakfast buffet to be “awesome” and our rooms “clean and comfortable.” We appreciate you recommending our property to the Tripadvisor community.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had made a reservation for one night when I came back from Israel since my next flight didn't leave until 5pm the next day. However, my flight coming back was severely delayed. I went to the hotel because I booked through Expedia and could not get my money back, but I did not make it to the hotel until 6am.

The lady at the front desk, Tanesha, was unbelievably nice. She let me check in even though I was so late, and she upgraded me to a king bed for free. She even let me extend my check out time until 2pm so I could get my full money's worth and didn't have to get to the airport ridiculously early.

My room was great. My only complaint is that the bathroom was a little dirty. But the TV was huge, the wi-fi was very fast, and everything worked out great. Even when I came down to breakfast 15 minutes after it closed, one of the hotel employees got us bagels with toppings, coffee, eggs, and cereal, even though they had already put everything away and had specifically told us that breakfast ended at 9am.

When I checked out of the hotel, Mike made sure that everything was okay with my visit. The shuttle drivers were always nice and the shuttle was always on time. If I'm ever back in NYC and need a hotel by JFK, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

1  Thank Rachel F

Rachel F,

I appreciate the time you took to write a review of my property. I have shared your comments with my associates. Tanesha who was thrilled that she was recognized by a well-traveled guest and Michael was electrified that he was mentioned in another Tripadvisor posting.

Thank you for sharing with the Tripadvisor community and recommending our property.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very clean hotel located near JFK. They have free parking although spaces are limited. Can use their shuttle to get to the subway at Jamaica station. Breakfast is nothing spectacular but decent and fairly varied, the only thing I could ask for would be more fresh fruit. Dead bolt lock didn't work on my room, called the desk and someone was fixing it within 1/2 hour. Had problems with the WIFI, called the desk and they got back to me within 15 minutes. They are very responsive to issues and very friendly. Will book there again next month.

Duartedaily,

I truly appreciate you writing a review of my property and recommending us to the Tripadvisor community. I am glad that the issues you experienced were resolved promptly and efficiently by my front office associates. We are all looking forward to your next visit in August.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Flying into JFK from South America, I was tired. But based upon other reviewers, I booked this Holiday Inn Express for one night, on my way to the UK the next day. I also stayed there on my way home from my UK visit. Good shuttle service..take the tram to Federal Circle (C stop), exit the tram and you can call the hotel from the easily identified kiosk. I only waited ten minutes and the driver, Ron, was fantastic. He welcomed all visitors, offered bottled water to each of us and gave us tips on catching the shuttle back to JFK. Nice to be treated so well after a long flight.
Check-in was effortless (thanks Mike), rooms both times were spacious and quiet and there were four bottles of water plus chocolates waiting for me in the room. I had to leave early the next morning so can't comment upon breakfast, even though they offered me a "to-go" bag of food at 5 a.m. If you don't have your laptop or I Pad, there is free computer access right off the lobby. Just ask for the code from the front desk. Clarissa was very nice and helpful too.
I will use this hotel again for quick stay-overs via JFK. Shopping tip: Greenway Mall. Taxi ride costs $18.00 from the hotel but there is a Macy's, Kohl's, Old Navy and you can walk to Walmart and Best Buy.

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club (free) before you travel and book. You will receive a bigger room.
1  Thank Odysseus0808

Odysseus0808,

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences and writing a review of my property and recommending us to all our future guests. I have shared your comments with Ron, Mike and Clarissa. They were extremely happy to be remembered by a frequent traveler. The Green Acres mall which you mentioned in your review features 1.8 million square feet of enclosed shopping and is easily accessible from the hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We waited at the airport for thr free shuttle to get to the hotel. It was late (11pm). We were told 10 minutes but the shuttled showed up 30 min later and we almost missed it since it did not have the hotel name on it !!! The room was clean but we were on level 1, or a basement so the room was damp and a bit smelly. So it was a big price tag for a really average experience. The shuttle was on time the next day.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Raphaela N,

I do apologize that you had to wait for thirty minutes for our complimentary shuttle. The New York City Port Authority mandates that hotel shuttles are only allowed to pick up at Federal Circle and not at the terminals. Our shuttle operates 24 hours a day seven days a week. We typically have a shuttle waiting at Federal Circle for arriving guests. If for some reason there is not a shuttle at Federal Circle there is a direct dial courtesy phone to the hotel. The front office will alert the driver that there are guests waiting at Federal Circle for pick up.

We have just added a new 2013 shuttle bus to our fleet and all of our shuttles feature our hotel logo. There should never be a reason for an extended wait at Federal Circle for transportation. I am glad that the shuttle was prompt for your departure.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

this hotel has many positives. the first was it is not expensive as compared t other hotels in Manhattan but does not compromise on quality. rooms are spacious and breakfasts is nice and warm. they have shuttle service which is quite prompt and the guy on desk Amit is very humble and intelligent. they also have this guest of the day thing where by i also got a goody pack comprising of chocolates, colas, etc. other staff is also nice and hotel is clean and tidy. location is near to the hotel so its great if u have a flight next morning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family