“Great Stay Great Staff”

Holiday Inn Express At JFK
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am just writing this to let you and the world know how great this hotel is. Everything from the people Thank you Mike you were awsome and Amit you two are a team that i have never seen at another hotel! and all the rest of the staff. The breakfast girl Pamela was so nice as well. I will recomend this hotel to anyone i know who is flying and needs a place to stay in the JFK area. Thank you for everything

Room Tip: I loved my room on the first floor that Mike chose for me!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Roger J,

I truly appreciate you telling the world how great our property is. I have shared your comments with Amit, Michael and Pamela. They were deliriously happy to be recognized by a guest for providing outstanding service. We are all looking forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express At JFK

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on June 17th. After a grueling 9 hour drive, I was greeted at the reception desk as the Guest of the Day. The reception employees were cheerful and made me feel extremely welcome. The hotel was neat and clean and after a restful sleep we were ready to start our day. This is when we discovered that my brother's car was blocked in by pallets left a few inches from his driver's side door. He complained to the manager who was very apologetic. Unfortunately, she was unable to get someone to move the pallets but offered a discount on our room, which we gladly accepted. The car was a mini Cooper and after some calisthenic maneuvers he was able to wiggle himself from the passenger side door into the driver's seat. I believe the manager was very fair and would stay in this hotel again. In fact I recommended it a friend already.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Lampostva,

Thank you for recommending our hotel to your friends and the TripAdvisor community. I do apologize that your brother’s car was inadvertently blocked in by a delivery. However I am glad that my associates were able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was only one night later long travel from London. But the room had a strong smell of damp and the carpet looked dirty. Is true that they area renovating the hotel but the price to pay is not worth the place, besides what had breakfast rated as excellent and gave it 4 1-10. Very friendly staff. Tripadvisor recommendati ons not do it justice.

Room Tip: After remodel maybe is good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Lelisan,

I appreciate the time you took to write a review of my property. I was happy to see that you found my associates to be “very friendly.” We do offer significant value for a New York City property as we include a complimentary full hot breakfast buffet from 5AM to 9AM and complimentary high speed internet access. Our renovations are almost completed and should be finished by the end of June. The carpet and wall vinyl is being replaced in all our guest rooms. We have scheduled the work to cause minimal impact on the guest experience.

If your travel plans bring you back to the JFK area, stop by the hotel so you can see the improvements that have been made first hand.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

There are not many options for affordable rooms close to JFK. But if that is what you need this property does a great job at making the stay enjoyable. They hosted a great managers reception with food and drinks. AND...when I mistakenly left behind a suit coat in the closet of my room, Mike and the other members of the staff team went out of their way to locate my jacket and mail it at their own expense across the country to my home. They go the extra mile! I'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

CKFISH Travel,

My front office associate Michael was tickled pink that he was recognized for providing outstanding service. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. Our weekly manager reception is always a fun evening. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

my girlfriend and I stayed here before a long trip to Europe.We wanted to kill time in the city. Tanesha was very helpful checking us in and calling us a cab, even advised us on places to go. The manager Amit was very knowledgeable about giving us directions to get back by subway. had a great day in the city,walked back in to fresh baked cookies.Had a quiet night,woke up for a great breakfast.the shuttle was on time,dropped us at our terminal.would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Mighty M,

Thank you for writing about your recent experience at my property. Tanesha and Amit were on cloud nine at being recognized by one of our guests. I am glad you were able to explore the city before departing on your trip to Europe. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stay in this hotel on May 31,2013 for one night. I selected this particular hotel to stay because
of the reviews that I read on Trip Advisor.
When we open the door to the room that we were assign,you could smell the bad odor of humidity inside the room. The smell was terrible. We did not complaint or ask for another room because we we were tired from a trip from London.
The room carpet look dirty and in need of a good cleaning.
The breakfast is also over rated because it is not what you read on the reviews.
I respect the opinion of all reviewers, but my humble opinion is that reviewers are over rating this hotel by a lot.
I also think that this is an over price hotel for what you get in return. I notice that they are renovating the hotel. Maybe once the hotel is renovated,it is a different story.
There are positives to the hotel. The staff is very courteous and the bus service to the airport is excellent too.
My advice to travelers is, if you can afford a better hotel do not come to this one until the renovation is finish and new travelers have a chance to see the improvements.

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Montypass,

I do apologize that your room had a malodorous emanation but I can assure you that your experience was the exception rather than the norm. I have addressed your comments from your review with my housekeeping associates. Our hotel is currently going thru a remodel as we refresh our property. The wall vinyl, carpet, art work and lighting is all being replaced. We have fully completed three floors and will be finished by the end of June with the entire project. We have scheduled the work to have minimal impact on the guest experience. As a New York City property we do offer significant value as we have complimentary parking, Wi-Fi, as well as a full hot breakfast buffet served from 5AM to 9AM each morning. We also provide transportation to and from JFK airport. I was delighted to read that you found my associates to be courteous. The reviews written about my property are from a broad spectrum of travelers who have provided an honest assessment of the property and who realize the great value we provide.

If your travel plans bring you back to the JFK area, stop by so you can see the improvements that have been made first-hand.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

From the outside i was not sure what to expect. However when I walked in to the lobby and there was ice cold water and fresh baked cookies. I walked to the desk and was warmly greeted by Michael. He was GREAT! He gave me spot on directions to the city, and to the door of the building that I was going to.
The room was new and fresh, and the breakfast was great. They had everything you could expect from a hotel free breakfast. The cinnamon buns were out of this world! I will use this hotel in the future when traveling in and out of the city. Thanks again Michael for everything! To Rosanna and the rest of the staff keep up the good work and hope to see you soon.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms are bran new
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

MFS41499,

I want to personally thank you for sharing your experiences with the TripAdvisor community. I was not surprised that you gave us a perfect five star review. As the General Manager I am only as good as the associates that I have working with me. I am truly blessed to have both Michael and Rosanna working with me. They truly are consummate hospitality professionals. I have shared your review with them and they were jubilant that a guest signaled them out for special recognition. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Geneeral Manager