“If you do the Crime - do the time.”

Holiday Inn Express At JFK
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel was booked for me as I had an early morning flight and this hotel was close to the airport.

My room had no window other then what I would expect in a prison cell, high up, filthy and not letting in very much like money.

The bed was lumpy, always dirty and the place was pretty much a noisy dump

the staff however where helpful, the limited things that I needed from them.

It would definitely be cheaper to do a crime and stay with courtesy of NYPD, it definitely would not be dirtier.

This place got one star more than the minimum due to staff being so helpful.

Room Tip: Absolute not on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Givemeaholiday,

I appreciate the time you took to write about our hotel as we value the comments from our guests as we strive to improve our property. Our first floor rooms will be out of service as we start renovations this upcoming week. The new rooms on the first floor will feature a modern split duct HVAC system which will eliminate the need for ptac units in the window. The new Daikin HVAC system is much more energy efficient and quiet. The windows will be replaced with a more energy efficient and noise deadening pane. The new windows will allow much more natural light into the room.

The furniture, carpet and wall vinyl will also be replaced in the guest rooms. If your travel plans bring you back to the JFK area please stop by the hotel so you can see firsthand the improvements that have been made.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express At JFK

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We had planned to spend 2 nights at this hotel on the 28th December and the 2nd January. These reservations were made in July 2012. On the 25th December I received an email confirming
the 28th December reservation. On arrival I was unceremoniously informed that the reservation was cancelled. I showed the Desk Manager, Amit, the email confirmation on my cell phone. He would not listen and treated me with contempt stating that the reservation had been cancelled and that the hotel was full. After some lively banter he grudgingly phoned the Best Western around the corner and we were able to get accommodation for the two nights. To my surprise the ext day I received a second email confirming the accommodation for the 2nd January despite Amit's insistence that the reservation was cancelled.Poor,Poor service from the group and Manager. I will never again stay at any Holiday Inn hotel again as a result of this

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leslie M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Leslie M,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. I am deeply sorry for the issues you encountered with the staff service received. We will use your comments to improve our efforts.

We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Hubby stayed here on business for a few weeks. His entire room had a moldy/mildewy smell. There was mold/mildew around the tub and shower. Room was tiny. He did not have a closet but an armoire which also smelled moldy/mildewy; he did not shut the armoire door and instead kept it open and either kept his clothes in his rental car or not hung in the armoire. For a layover between flights or after, it serves a purpose. One night. The area around the hotel is very industrial and there is no food w/in walking distance, except for the Mediterranean Grill at a nearby hotel. Room was noisy in that we could hear people coming and going (and doors slamming) at all hours of the night. (I realize that this happens due to the timing of different flights but still...) People were smoking right outside the door to the hotel and the lobby often smelled like smoke. Would not stay here again. Hubby did not change room as he is more laid-back than I, however, had it been my room for business, I would have changed immediately.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before agreeing to it, as you want to avoid one with the moldy smell.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Slinky1
Brent H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express At JFK, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Slinky1,

I wanted to personally thank you for writing about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express JFK. We pride ourselves on our clean guest rooms and personalized service. I do apologize that the room you occupied had a malodor. As a Select Service hotel we provide a full complimentary hot breakfast buffet in the morning from 6 to 10 AM. There are many restaurants that deliver to our property for guests that do not have transportation for afternoon and evening food choices. The hotel has now gone completely smoke free and we have a smoker’s oasis located away from the front entrance. If your travel plans bring you back to the JFK area please contact me directly so that your reservation receives my personal attention.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel as it is very convenient to JFK airport. I spent a night of shopping in NYC and took a cab to the hotel, and then the shuttle they provide to the airport. When I landed I realized I had left my holiday shopping in the hotel room! Horrified, I called and the staff there found the shopping and promised to ship it out right away. I received the package in time for Christmas! THANK YOU!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Travel T,

I wanted to thank you for writing about your recent experience at the Holiday Inn JFK. We were all thrilled and happy to read that the package made it back in time for the Christmas Holiday. We look forward to serving you again in 2013!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We arrived around 1am due to arriving on a flight from La Guardia, and departing out of JFK at 7am the next morning. The man at the check in desk could help weary travelers by having a smile & a more friendly demeanor...The room was basic. They did do an EXCELLENT job of having a sack breakfast bag for all of us early travelers, which included a cinnamon roll, yogurt, and a carton of milk.This was much appreciated! The gentleman that assisted us in getting our luggage on the shuttle to the airport was WONDERFUL!! He should be complimented for his cheerfulness and helpfulness!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed December 14, 2012

A lot of other travelers commended this hotel for their support after Sandy, so I do respect them for that.

We stayed for one night. The room was way over priced, close to $300 for a smelly, tiny room. The hotel was a bit sketchy to us, and we had a weird vibe. We had to stay here, it was the only hotel with a room that night but I would certainly never stay here again. The value for the price was not there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Luckily, my husband and I checked into this hotel where we stayed for 3 weeks following Hurricane Sandy. We want to express our gratitude for the sympathetic and compassionate staff we dealt with every day. They helped us every way they could and made this difficult time in our lives more easy to bear. In particular we want to praise the following staff members who were especially outstanding:

Michael Drake, Joann Fuster, Amit Naipan, Erica Lerma, Rosanna Ramkhellawan, and the breakfast room staff.

In addition, the eating area and our rooms were kept immaculate, and for people here for a long term stay, that was important too.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple