“"Wow" place in an airport terminal...”
Review of 5ive Steak

5ive Steak
Ranked #103 of 413 Restaurants in Jamaica
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 31, 2014

First of all, our waitress was well informed about the menu and meal preparation. We wanted a meal before our flight, and this was the closest of five decent appearing restaurants to our gate.
I ordered the wedge salad and my partner and I ordered the lobster bisque. The salad was fresh and adequate but the soup was delicious and of large portion. Coupled with a large pour Zinfandel, it was likely the most satisfying experience I've ever had in an airport. Go here! A little pricy for two...tax and tip, $70.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Worst experience in a restaurant for quite a while. I ordered a beer to start - out of stock . Ordered another, also out of stock. Asked about a third, an IPL, had never heard of it so asked the waitress what it was - she didn't know. In fact, she knew nothing about any of the drinks on the menu. No water or bread offered or brought to the table. I ordered a NY Striploin with pepper sauce. The steak was kinda tasteless but ok, The sauce was a cold lumpy gelatinous sludge that tasted of nothing. Plate was garnished with some unidentifiable limp, stale looking green stalks. I asked could I have half-and-half fires and onion rings - flat no. Ordered the truffled fries - soggy, greasy fries with some tasteless sawdust-like parmesan and no hint of truffle oil. With two beers and a glass of very ordinary red wine, total came to $92 (incl tip), which was utterly overpriced for what was served. I was hungry going in and wasn't coming out, but other than that, the experience was a total nothing . If this place was in any high street, it would go bust in a microsecond. I can cook better than this. My 10 yr old kid can cook better than this. Come by my house and I'll happily take 90 bucks off you and give you a much better meal......

1  Thank Kevin J
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Traveling on business with a friend. We stopped and tried the food here. We both agreed that the Fried Calamari was THE Best we have ever had...Tender, NOT Chewy, not oily, light batter and VERY tasty. Nice size dish for sharing as well. I had the Cuban Burger. It was Very Good. Service could have been better. I had an Ice tea, my buddy had a drink, We both also had water. NOBODY ever checked to see if we liked the food and if all was good. NOBODY ever refilled the water or our drinks. Had to track down our waiter for the bill.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I was hoping to have a meal at the JFK Shake Shack at terminal 4. Unfortunately I was flying from terminal 5 so I couldn't get behind security at terminal 4. So I settled for this steakhouse place. Turned out good at first. Some nice beer brands. Waitress asked how I wanted my burger (good sign! I thought) so I ordered it medium. When I got my burger it was clearly well-done. The waitress agreed without hesitation when I showed it to her and I got another one. I asked her if they often tend to over-cook the burgers because in that case I'd like it medium rare instead (she told me she'd ask for a medium rare). The replacement burger was well-done as well (just a hair better than the previous one). And the waitress didn't come back until I had finished it. The burger wasn't extremely bad, but a cheap mcdonalds burger would have made me so much happier (and I wasn't even in a rush).

Overall, it felt like the service was okay, but that they need a new chef. Cannot really recommend it (but don't know if it's worse than anything else in T5 either).

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

The service is great, the waiter wasvgreat a nice winw selection and a good choice ofeals catered to all dining pleasures.

Highly recommend