“EXCELLENT!”

Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
michigan
“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

My daughter and 5 friends were taking an international flight out of JFK on May 22. They were only staying at the hotel for 1 night. They got in late, and just like I had read in another review, the restaurant was soooo nice and stayed open for them with a limited menu. All of the kids were 19 and the hotel worked it out with us that being under 21 would not be an issue. Their flight out of JFK on June 2 was cancelled (the bad experience with DELTA is a whole other story) so we called the hotel and they remembered the kids and got them a room for the night. The shuttles were great and so was everyone who worked in the hotel. Thank you so much for taking good care of our kids, Fairfield Inn!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Tucson, AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Flight was cancelled and USAirways sent us here. The airport shuttle service was good and prompt. The room was average for a Double Tree, very comfortable with no problems. Restaurant was just okay. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed here recently before a very early check in the next morning. The hallways were recently renovated and still smelled new. Also the rooms seemed updated. Certainly clean and close enough for the early morning thing.
They do offer a complimentary breakfast (however they start serving that only after 6 or 6:30 AM (don't remember) and that was too late for our departure / coffee was ready though!). They also offer a complimentary shuttle to the terminal every half hour. Be aware though, that the parking - not even for the night you are actually staying at the hotel - is NOT free!
Expect no frills and no service, just a clean bed and shower and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2Hippos
Castle Rock, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I stopped at the Fairfield Inn by JFK for a few nights. The staff was so friendly and took great care of us. Even when the Shuttle from the airport forgot us the Manager quickly corrected the situation with a genuine apology. The rooms were gorgeous and recently remodeled! It was a great stay.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the front of the hotel because the front spot light does not get shut off at night. I...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth M
Nuangola, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is is not very nice. The carpeting is old and dated and the walls in my room were dirty. It is more like a budget motel. Although they say the rooms are no smoking ours reeked of stinky cigarette smoke.

The "restaurant" was filled with a bunch of foul mouthed gangsters. We had one glass if wine and went back to the safety of our smokey room.

The best part of our stay is when we came to pick up my brand new truck. The flustered man who was the valet at first said we had the wrong hotel in broken English. I'm pretty sure I know where I stayed. My husband thought he was drunk or on some kind of drug. He then found my keys and told us to wait. Next thing we see is him pull out someone else's car, a new Mercedes, he then leaves that car, doors wide open and goes across the lot to fetch ours. We watched him struggle back and forth to get my vehicle out, the whole time he is doing this the Mercedes is running with the doors wide open. I guess he assumed the car was safe because we were in such a lovely area. Finally when he pulls my truck around we were cold, tired, wanted to get home and most of all away from that area and into safety.

I did not inspect my truck, I should have. The following day I went to retrieve something out of it and saw a long scratch with an indentation. To make matters worse my husband pointed out that they tried covering it with white paint to match my truck! I called the hotel and asked for the GM. He said give him a week to look over the tapes, once again in broken English. I emailed him the dates and pictures of the damage. A week later I received a call from a different man who said "I did not look over my truck and there not responsible once it leaves". I recall there being a few "yo's" in his response as well.

I'm so disappointed the way this hotel handled the situation. I find it hard to believe that even took the time to look at the tapes. If you decide to say here do not expect a Marriott, expect a older Best Western and bring mace.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank coreco
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Free shuttle from JFK's Federal Circle, rate incl breakfast and wifi, excellent value. Room NYC-small but well equipped. Guest floors seem to have been recently re-carpeted, new wallpaper, clean and fresh. Made for a very easy night after a long return to the U.S.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NoOneWillAnswer
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had to be at JFK late in the evening, and stayed here rather than drive all the way home, because we had a good experience the last time we were here. It was just as good the second time. The staff are the best thing about this place. Everyone we dealt with, or bumped into, was pleasant and helpful.

The physical plant remains in excellent condition, and looks meticulously maintained. Our room was immaculate. We slept very well. The bed was very comfortable, and the air conditioner can be set to run its fan constantly instead of clicking on and off, so it becomes mere background noise instead of a repeated interruption.

The continental breakfast is fine. Plenty of fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, excellent scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, muffins, and store-bought pre-sliced cottony bagels if you like that sort of thing. I liked the orange juice, and the coffee was good.

We'll be back the next time we have to be at JFK during off hours.

Don't try to park in front, even just for check in; there's no room. Drive around back to the valet parking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family