Fairfield Inn New York JFK Airport
$136
BestWestern.com
$199
$185
All reviewsfree shuttlejfk airportnew yorkfederal circlemediterranean grillnext morningyogurtfree breakfastshuttle serviceinternational flightgreen acres mallan early flightstayed one nightair trainan overnight stayindustrial areafront desk staff
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Just completed an upgrade, I stayed on the 5th floor room, had complete overhaul with new everything, including the bathroom, towels, sheets etc. For a one or two night stay its fine the shuttle works great, if arriving from JFK don’t forget to take the air-train to Federation circle to pick up the shuttle though.
Not a great area, don’t expect any good restaurants within walking distance, an OK deli across the street for lunch but that’s it.

Room Tip: 5th floor to gurantee a refurb room, although other floors may be done by now
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife & I stayed for one night at this hotel on the evening of 19th April. Whilst the overall appearance and cleanliness of this hotel was excellent as was the in house restaurant an food.
My wife & I both thought that $189 + Taxes was a little excessive for the location this hotel finds itself in which is a mainly industrial area with very little in the form of entertainment. It's saving grace is that it is close to JFK airport and thus convenient for the Traveller and has a handy shuttle. Breakfast is non existent if you have a early checkin as the restaurant seems not to open until 6am.
All in all a highly priced sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My young daughter and I stayed here in March 2013, en route from Europe to Cleveland. Our needs were simple: a clean quiet room, free wi-fi, and a decent breakfast. We did receive all that. We did not use the shuttle, but took a cab there, which was about $10. What made staying here an exceptional experience was the people working there. All of them were friendly and helpful. But there were a couple of outstanding people, Shavana and Emily, who helped us when our flight out was canceled and then rescheduled to leave from another airport. They handled the booking of a car service over to LaGuardia ($38), and arranged a late checkout for us. They were so lovely and easy to deal with, insuring that our stay was as much a pleasure as it could have been under the circumstances. Thanks also to Charlie, who handled our check-in and gave us a lovely welcome kit. The hotel lobby is newly remodeled and looks great. The hotel is perfect for an overnight stay near the airport.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed for 1 night in March 2013 and had a very terrible experience. After specifically asking for a quiet room, I was given a room on the first floor very close to the lobby. After settling in for the night, I started to hear noise from the bar/restaurant that was not too far from my room. This turned into loud yelling and laughing from the dozens of rude, drunk people in the bar. I was so confused because I thought the hotel would be filled with people catching early flights, not a bunch of partiers. Honestly it was like a Florida hotel during spring break with the noise and ruckus. I spent almost $200 to sleep, not be down the hall from a crazy bar!!! I called the front desk, and was told the noise would end by 10 pm. It was louder than ever and close to 11pm when I called again. The staff were apologetic and eventually the noise lessened, but not completely. I was so close to the lobby that I heard every guest checking in, talking loudly in the hallways, waiting for the elevators, and otherwise being loud at all hours of the night. I did not sleep at all and had one of the worst hotel experiences of my life. I will say there are a lot of positives here--the hotel is renovated and very clean. The shuttle service to and from the airport was quick, convenient, reliable, and free. There are nice amenities such as the weight room and business center, and a wonderful breakfast is served in the morning. After complaining to the front desk in the morning I immediately received professional emails and voice mails from the hotel manager, who was so nice and apologetic about my experience. I was able to work with him over email to try to resolve and compensate me for my issues, which he did to my satisfaction. The manager's quick and professional response to the situation, along with the positives this hotel definitely has, is why I rated this "average" rather than anything lower. I actually think I would stay here again in the future if I needed to be close to JFK, but beware--the first floor and possibly the second will be noisy with the partiers in the bar/restaurant. If you want quiet, get a room on the higher floors and you'll probably be okay. I've had problems with noise in my last 2 Marriott stays and wish the staff would be better informed about what it means to be given a "quiet" room. Also, if this is a problem for other guests, I really think they should provide better soundproofing, close the bar earlier, or try to somehow lessen the noise that kept me from falling asleep.

Room Tip: Avoid lower floors, the yelling and laughing in the bar will keep you up until late at night!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The hotel itself is not in a great location, actually it was in a sketchy part of New York, but the customer service really made up for it. Before I arrived, I had a nice email from the General Manager with lots of information about the hotel and activities in New York. When I checked in, the front desk even gave me cookies. The manager personally greeted everyone during breakfast hours. The rooms were small, but the free shuttle was convenient. I would stay here again just for the excellent customer service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business