“Adequate - nothing to write home about...”

Fairfield Inn New York JFK Airport
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn while I connected at JFK; we liked the hotel and it was a pleasant surprise considering the rate. We checked in without any issues, but we had to pay for parking and the tax on that was absurd.

Our room was small but nice and we ordered in pizza because the restaurant wasn't open and the prices were a little high.

There was a street light outside the window and the coverings didn't close all the way; the walls were also pretty thin and we could hear the rooms above and next to us comings and goings. I didn't sleep well at all.

The shuttle was the best feature by far - it dropped us right off by JetBlue and it was on time. The driver was friendly and courteous - especially for 3:55 am. The hotel is very close to the airport as well which was very convenient for the following morning.

I didn't eat the continental breakfast but my husband said it was substantial and good before he left. I would say that if you're overnighting to JFK this hotel is just fine - I would not recommend it for a vacation.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are in the basement; 2nd floor rooms and up are much better.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband (1 night), daughter and I spent (2 nights) at the Fairfield Inn and as airport hotels this was a good one. Clean, reasonable breakfast, restaurant with good food (if slightly pricey). We drove in from Newark on a shuttle and got off at one of the terminals instead of "federal circle" (long term parking) where they pick up guests. But when we called and asked they picked us up from the terminal. We got a roll out for our 15-year old daughter for the first night, and also had a late check out -- all with a friendly and courteous attitude. They offer free shuttle rides to a nearby mall and subway stop as well as to and from the airport so my daughter and I even got a visit to Manhattan in on Day 2. The location isn't the most auspicious but we didn't need to go anywhere in the neighbourhood. Would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: If there is 2 of you a double or King size bed as rooms are small, pick higher floors and rooms at t...
Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel was ok. Clean, re-done, and sufficient for an overnight in between international flights. The bonus was the restaurant in the basement. Food was good at 9:00pm, and an easy walk to bed.

Only real gripe, they charged us tax on the automatic tip (six of us). Too tired to complain about it. Service was very good both during dinner and in the morning.

At $200/night, not the best value but easy in and out.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed for one night in this hotel after landing from an international flight, and was very pleased with the service. I called for the complimentaryshuttle on arrival at the federal circle airtrain, and was picked up within 5 minutes.

once at the hotel, everything was easy and professional. Check-in was quick and friendly, and the room was a good size and very quiet. I had no problems with the internet speed as some guests have reported.

I did not use any other facilities, but overall a great choice for the price for a single night at JFK. I probably would not stay longer than one night as there is not much to do in the location.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

On my way to Antigua, I had to stay over night near JFK, so my organization booked me in the Fairfield Inn hotel. Although this hotel is located quite close to JFK airport, no airplane noise was heard from my room. The room was a fairly standard room, offering a comfortable bed, decent sized bathroom with the basic amenities and free wi-fi internet access.

The hotel is located really near anything other than empty parking lots, closed business buildings, a couple of shops (if you can call them that) and very few food places nearby that you can walk to (there are a couple Asian restaurants just across the street, but I wouldn't recommend to try them).

There is a free shuttle service to take you from and to JFK airport which is handy. In short, if you need a hotel for a night close to JFK airport, then this could certainly be an option

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed there for 1 night business trip because I was arriving late at JFK and wanted somewhere close. It is a depressing location, that I could have dealt with, but the room I was given had a strong dank and musty smell that hit me upon entering, and the room I was switched to was no better. Loud old air conditioner, and despite being across from parking lot with bright lights on all night the blackout curtains were not designed to close across the window! Only sheers. Had to use a hair lip to pull the curtains together from each side and only. Overes half of the window. Shuttle and breakfast ok as expected. My room did not get an adequate wireless signal, I had to go downstairs to get my email. And the light over the sink was out so hard to put on makeup in the morning. Surprisingly decent new exercise equipment in the fitness room though.

Wouldn't recommend. I know Fairfield is low end of Marriott but this was sub par. I booked it based on so many positive reviews on TripAdvisor so feel the need to add my expereice.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank CillaV
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I have stayed at quite a few airport hotels at JFK in the past 5 years but i was quite impressed with the Fairfield Inn. The location is just okay but the service at the hotel was really good for an airport hotel. The check in was fast and efficient and the lady at the front desk was really pleasant. Bobby took our bags to our room and the next morning we had a really filling breakfast where most of the items could be heated up in the microwave. The rooms all had a microwave and a fridge and upon check out, the hotel shuttle took us right to the airport terminal to catch our flight. The price was not bad considering the timing summer hoildays and all. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors should have better views.
2  Thank Bless1