“Park and fly”

Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Albany, New York, United States
“Park and fly”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family and I stayed here before our trip to turksand caios. We had a first floor room for the 4 of us it was not a very big room but was big enough for our family. The room was clean and we had no complaints. I would stay here again. The only problem we ran into was when we returned we didn't tell them ahead of time we were coming to get out our car so we waited about 20 minutes for them to bring it around. Over all worth the money $300 for 1 night stay and a week of parking, we would stay there again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Pleasanton, CA
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had a first floor room which meant it was actually below street level. It smelled musty. The hotel is old and needs renovation. The room was clean though. The included breakfast is a dream for anyone that likes to prepare and eat microwaved food. It is close to Kennedy though, and my flight arrived 2.5 hours late, so I'm glad I had only a short ride to the hotel. They have a shuttle, but I didn't take it. I took a taxi because of how late I arrived, and was amazed that I had to tell the cab driver where the hotel was!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Damascus, Syria
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The Fairfield Inn by Marriott is very close to JFK Airport, as you can clearly see the Control Tower from your room, but you can NOT hear a single airplane!!

This is also I believe the only Marriott Fairfield Inn that has a full service restaurant!!

I actually stayed here one night when i arrived to the States in late June and then I stayed again a night before my departure!! It is very close to the airport and so easy to return my rent-a-car and then jump on the JFK Airport Elevated Tramway. to my Terminal.

Back to the Hotel, the GM had sent me driving instructions prior to my departure from Virginia as my GPS in the car was not functioning. This is really a service that I did not expect.

The rooms are small but very functional. The free internet is fast and the rooms are very clean. The car parking is unique as they have a tiered elevator parking in the back lot.

Now what makes this hotel so good is the in-house full service restaurant! Great food; fast service, large portions and a nice selection of food and drink!

Next time in the area around JFK Airport and you want a quiet night you must try the Marriott Fairfield Inn in Jamaica!!

Room Tip: I like the rooms facing the back, you can see the JFK Control Tower but can not hear a single airpla...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed here for two nights while waiting for scheduled plane reservations. We were very pleased and would stay there again. It's true it's not in an ideal neighborhood but they try very hard to have an attractive outside (beautiful flowering bushes and well kept lawns etc.) The inside is very clean and there's always someone in the hall, lobby etc. cleaning, wiping up, dusting etc. to keep everything in tip top shape. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Even called up to our room shortly after checking in to make sure everything was ok. The restaurant has good food and the free breakfast has soooo many things to choose from. Also a quick trip from the airport by hotel shuttle which is very speedy also. If you wish to go downtown, they will shuttle you to the train station and give you directions etc. If you need a quick, clean and quiet place to stay while awaiting flights, this is an ideal spot. Even though the neighborhood isn't the best, you really don't have any reason to have to go outside and wander.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HK
Reviewed July 23, 2012

As usual, i do not expect much for a airport hotel. But it is a bit disappointing for the price charged. In this trip to USA, we stayed in 8 hotels in different east/west coast cities. Regretably i have to rate Fairfield the lowest. The room is small. The AC is very noisy and blowing directly to the bed (it is just 6 inches from the bed). One good thing is the hotel restaurant. We arrived at 8pm and too tired to drive out for dinner. We ate at the hotel restaurant. The food is pretty good and price is reasonable.

• Stayed July 2012
Santo Domingo
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Just an ok room for almost US$200 per night including taxes, nothing more. As an elite Marriott member I know Marriott standards and this is for sure below. We arrived at 11 pm, and by the time we tried to order room service the kitchen was closed ( till 12 am I believe ) prior to that you have to come down to eat or to pick your order yourself, this is ok in a US$ 75 hotel but not when you are paying US$ 200. Wireless internet was not working neither the day we arrived or and the day we leave, only wired internet, but guess what ? Rooms does not have wired ports, only prepared for wireless internet !!!
Location unsafe, do not walk around.
Not much help from the front desk when ordering food from outside, they will only give you 2 options.
For just an ok room with no extras, you better pick any other hotel around with a better price and you'll get the same ( plus internet ). Don't make a mistake like mine, selecting this hotel and paying more thinking you are going to receive more.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stayed with family prior to early departure next am. Best feature is that the nights stay included up to 12 days parking. This saved a lot, vs. parking rates at the airport. Recommend this hotel for that reason alone. Our room did have the noisiest air conditioner I have ever heard. Only 10 minutes to airport via their free shuttle.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family