“Seemed pretty good”

Radisson Hotel JFK Airport
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed April 21, 2014

After we got bumped from a flight, the airline put us up in this hotel. We only spent about 5 hours here, but we thought it was fine. Modern, typical chain hotel. Air crew stay here, so it can't be that bad. A bit of a drive from the airport though. Not a resort hotel where you'd want to stay for a week or something. Decent enough room. Good breakfast buffet for a good price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zwerf
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear zwerf

Like you mention this is not a resort or destination hotel but a well equipped modern business class hotel that caters to Airline crew, the jet set business traveler, Park & Fly options and on occasions passengers that need to be housed when airlines have any form of layover traffic. All in all The Radisson Hotel JFK Airport is a perfect choice for you if you need to stay by the JFK International airport.

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,228)

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Basic older Radisson that has had an upgrade but still feels a bit dated because of bathrooms and older room layout. Very positive and service oriented staff that go well beyond expectation. Breakfast service and content needs significant upgrade and executive lounge is needed. Very busy in the morning for shuttle to airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear EKnive,

Thank you for some great pointers on your recent review. soft refurbishing and remodeling in rooms is an ongoing process and we try and meet most industry standards. The Breakfast upgrades were made just this week- Vegetable Quiche, Hash Brown potatoes, Sausage gravy and House made biscuits were the new add on's.- in the pipeline is also a Chicken fried steak. All these items sure call for another New York visit.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. I was looking for a place close to JFK and this hotel seemed like a good fit. Room service was always late and towels were not clean. We had a loud noise throughout the night. When i was a checking out the frontsedk staff wanted to charge them for parking $16.99 per night. I explained I was not informed about these charges when I checked in. Frontdesk staff named Farah was rude and raised her voice. The manager came out and was even ruder. They kept me standing for more than an hour while locating his parking ticket. I explained I was going to be late for a flight, but they didnt care. They told me I was going to be charged whether hIaccepted or not.

Now the fun part: even though I was just arguing they called a security guy. Security guy stood behind me and pretended to make a phone call to police that I was threatening staff! Police obviously would not come for civil matter.

Now even the more fun part, as I was leaving, security guy followed me writing my license plate number and taking photos. I could not believe this.

This is a gang. Not a hotel. Stay away at all cost. They will ruin your day. I am in the airline industry and I stay in hotels all the time, this is by far one of the worst experiences I have ever had.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank Abamodeling
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Abamodeling,

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. We understand your frustration about the guests you are referring to and will make sure the employee's you mention will be reprimanded. We would like also add that this hotel is owned and run by a reputable set of individuals and actions of a few employee's should not be the way we as a team would like to be judged.

The team here takes pride to be part of the hospitality industry and we will do our best to make sure we come across to our guests as such. The issues that you brought up about your stay will be looked into and addressed.

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Rude staff. Made us wait 2 hours to get a room. Horrible experience. There was an elderly lady traveling alone and they put her in a room with no heater or toilet paper the room had maintenance equiptment inside. David at the front desk is extremely rude and not helpful

Stayed: April 2014
4  Thank Laz12b

Dear Laz12b,

We are sorry that you had a rough experience at check in. That particular night did have some hurdles and challenges that the team is looking into the reasons that they could best be not repeated. We would like you to put this behind us and would appreciate if you could give us another chance to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Like most guests at this hotel I was there due to a missed flight connection. Arrived late and left early so I didn't explore or experience much. Check-in was pleasant and efficient, actually the service was good throughout. Rooms were basic but very clean, as was the bathroom.

My only gripe was the noise from the air con units outside. There was a constant loud humming sound, it was like JFK runway was right outside the window. As I said, I was only there for a few hours so I struggled through the din.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quiet side of the building, if in fact there even is a quiet side of the build...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank FrequentFlyerDublin

Dear FrequentFlyerDublin,

Thank you for your review and feedback after your recent stay. We apologize for any inconvenience during your short layoff but promise to have the engineering team check on the outdoor roof units on the 2nd and 3rd floor. We are at that time of the year when most outdoor equipment gets TLC and the team here will attend to it. Thank you again and we look forward to having you as a guest in better circumstances.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

I typically do not take the time to write reviews but wanted to express my sincere gratitude to the management of the Radisson after going out of their way to recover my Ipad I accidentally left in the car service they booked for me. I could not get a receipt from the driver so it was no easy task. They spent considerable time trying to pin down the driver by calling the car service companies (no luck there) and finally by reviewing the security cameras to identify the license plate and the driver. It took a couple of days but got my precious Ipad back. Great service overall.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Thomas J

Thank you for your kind words and appreciating the SERVICE aspect of the effort it to staff to deliver. It's times like these that give the team here at the Radisson Hotel JFK airport pride and satisfaction to see that a guest issue was acted upon and resolved.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to you being a repeat guest again.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Conveniently located and took no time to get there from JFK. Check in was swift and room and bathroom was super comfortable and staff friendly. I had ordered some shopping which had been delivered to the hotel and I got it with no hassle. Breakfast was good, and the best part was the half hourly shuttle which dropped us right at the terminal.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Amrita J
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear Amirta J

We are glad that you stay at our property was a pleasant one. The Radisson "Yes I Can" motto is deeply inculcated in our staff and that was what made this stay of yours even better. We are glad that we met all your expectations and look forward to serving you back again in the near future.

Manager Operations