“While you are flying early morning from JFK”

Radisson Hotel JFK Airport
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Atlanta, Georgia
“While you are flying early morning from JFK”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

It's a good selection while you are in a transit stay in NY and flying early morning from JFK.
However, the toilet things are not well maintained(My commode was tilting. There was no courtesy
water in the room.

Room Tip: Higher floors would give good panoramic view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Valued Guest

Thank you for your review of our property after your recent stay. The issues regarding your room are be addressed by our operations team and your suggestions regarding a bottle of water at check in are pointers that management is looking at implementing.

We value you as a repeat customer and appreciate your patronage of the brand.

Manager Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

My brother in law from Russia, his wife and 2 year old son had to use this hotel recently on their first trip to the US. He was suggested this hotel by someone at the airport. He is a non-English speaker and not a seasoned traveler and the front desk charged him $250 USD. Once he got to his room and got Internet connection he contact me. I called the front desk to discuss as I had used this great app to find a rate of $169. My first time calling they hung up on me. The next time I talked with two people. (One passed me to the other.) I explain his situation and asked if there was anything that they could do about this price. They suggested I call back in the morning and talk to accounting that they did not have authority to change anything. I called the next day and did as they suggested, however accounting said that they could do nothing and that I should have handled it when he was at the hotel. It is a classic routine that I'm sure has been used many times to rip off stranded, non- English speaker, confused travelers. I wrote this review in hopes that anyone else in this situation would not follow their procedure and request that the room be canceled and rebooked by one of the great services on this site.

Stayed January 2014
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Greetings from the Radisson Hotel JFK Airport team.

The rate quoted and charged was the “Best Available” room rate of the day. All Front Desk Agents, can only book what their system provides them. To clarify, the hotel honored the best rate, quoted to all consumers.

Airlines and Hotels utilize the same booking engines and yield strategies on the internet. These are used across multiple platforms and travel partners. Rates sometimes change by season, by week, and even by day. As for the mobile app that you are referencing, we will look into it and revert back, if we get more details.

We always welcome guest feedback and are willing to resolve matters. Therefore feel free to contact us directly, anytime. We value your business and want you to be satisfied.

Manager

Travelers are raving about these Jamaica hotels

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Radisson Jamaica Airport Hotel is very near to the Airport, it is very convenience for Bangladesh, Indian and Pakistan people to stay as this hotel is very near to Hill side Ave, Jamaica too. There are are lot of Indian, Pakistan and Bangladeshi shops and Hotel there. As we are Bangladeshi people and we mostly travel with Jet Airways we should stay there and shall be able to see our friend and relatives over there. This hotel is very near to the Subway and get F and E train few couples of blocks. If you like to have Indian,Pakistan or Bangladeshi Food it is very convenience to go there and get food, either you can have food in restaurant or you can take out. If you are busy and cant move just take the phone number and call them they will deliver ton the Hotel. If you want to go to Manhattan it is very easy to travel by F or E directly to Manhattan directly.

Room Tip: Rooms are wide and specious, Top floors room are good
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Valued guest

As you rightly said it's location that makes us convenient for people irrespective of origin. The proximity to the airport, Manhattan and Long Island make us the right choice when you have a quick stop at New York.

London, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Hotel was wonderful! The staff extremely service oriented. They really went above and beyond my expectations. They are friendly and they really look after you. Rooms were very clean, very comfortable. Love being so close to the airport. Will be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay. We are glad we met your expectations and are happy that you will choose us as your hotel of choice while in New York.

Manager operations
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I highly recommend the Radisson Hotel JFK Airport. Even though it is close to the airport, it was quiet. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Most of all, all staff I met were nice and friendly. Especially, Aartini and Takisha were very helpful. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Savio M, Manager at Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, responded to this review, January 8, 2014

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I got in real late do to delay in flight. Upon check in staff gave a very warm friendly welcome. Checkin was fast and easy and I got to room it was clean and very comfortable. I was only there over night but check out was just as easy. I also greatly enjoyed breakfast. I will definitely stay again when back next month.

• Stayed December 2013

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I booked this hotel literally 2 hours before arriving due to the snowy and icy conditions at JFK a few days ago. I had a flight to catch thr next day so the hotel location was convenient (hotel has its own shuttle to airport - 10min drive). The staff were friendly especially the two young lady receptionists (long dark hair) forgot their names. Hostess Maria at bfast bar could be friendlier. I think she was the only flaw in my stay. The room was clean and spacious. However for the rate I paid, the bathroom could be updated just a tad more (shower curtain with thread coming out, bathroom tile chipped, shower faucet loose) but am just being picky. Will def return if needed - thanks.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo