Howard Johnson Inn Jamaica JFK Airport
$139
$129
Fairfield Inn
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Jamaica Inn(Jamaica)(Great Value!)
$154
$136
Hotels.com
$145
$127
Priceline
All reviewsfree airport shuttlebetween flightsone night stayrockawaypurpose
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Free pick up took about 45 minutes when we were told it would only be a few. After a long haul flight in surprisingly hot weather it was not needed. Bus arrived with the name of another hotel on it, but thankfully the guy announced where he was going. We arrived at 1430 and check in was from 1500. We asked the lady behind reception if we could check in and she said yes. It then took 20 minutes with no reason why before we got our key cards.

When we finally got our room keys, we walked through the breakfast room to our rooms. First impressions were ok, I then looked out the window and made sure the curtains stayed closed. The view was basement level looking out onto a path and the main car park. Bed itself was comfy and I did have a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room on the ground level looking out over the car park
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank trek1006
Reviewed June 3, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed May 31, 2013

W nobly stayed one night as we had an overnight layover. We arrived late in. He evening and were disappointed to wait 40 minutes for the shuttle. The hotel itself is a little tired and breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. I suspect there are better options in the area but ok as a last resort.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here because of a long layover at JFK. When we arrived the lobby was nothing to talk about. Just a corridor with a counter. In fact the receptionist was behind a security glass, this probably should have raised a red flag to us. My business associate and I couldn't get separate rooms because they said the hotel was fully booked. In fact everything around the airport was fully booked. We however got a room with two double beds so at least we didn't have to share a bed. In order to split the cost of the room we asked if we could charge half the cost of the room to one credit card and the other half to another. The receptionist said yes. She swiped my card first and when my associate gave the receptionist her card, the receptionist said she charged everything to my card already. Then she said she can't split the charge on two cards. Really? So why tell us you could?
Anyway, we checked in and then had to ASK for directions to our room. Noone volunteered to show us to our rooms or help with our luggage. We had to haul it DOWN some stairs (sorry for the disabled) and then to the elevator. The carpet on the corridor to our room was dingy to say the least and our room smelt musty and smoky (it was supposed to be in a non-smoking section). Further more there was only 1 bathtowel and we had to call for another.
We were relieved to check out early at 5am for our 7am connecting flight to Pittsburgh. So we missed getting the complimentary breakfast. But I think I would have passed anyway since the breakfast area was sticky and looked dirty. Thank goodness the hotel in Pittsburgh was the total opposite. I stayed at Hampton Inn and they gave me a breakfast "to-go" bag when I had to check out early (even though the breakfast buffet didn't start as yet) and the staff there was more than accommodating.
Think we probably would have had a better experience overnighting in the airport terminal!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business