“Divided opinion”

Ranked #29 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Durras North, Australia
“Divided opinion”
Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Quick to respond to problems. Domestic staff and reception offer excellent service. A decided lack of management presence to resolve issues and follow up. I will never stay again. However if you want a good stopover close to JFK Airport then this an is economical place to go.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 20, 2012

As JFK airport was closed from 29 Oct - 02 Nov we had to extend our stay and due to shortage of rooms elsewhere we were fortunate to get room at JFK Inn - Jamaica - New York. The location for people catching a flight from JFK is excellent. Some of the staff at the reception were really friendly & helpful. They have large rooms but can surely do better with interiors,
corridors. The ground floor & upper floor is allright but do avoid the basement floor as it has
a horrid smell and you feel trapped. The breakfast was very decent. The staff quite friendly and helpful. We would not have stayed here but for the hurricane sandy.

Room Tip: If booked into this hotel ask for Ground floor & 1st floor. Basement floor a big no no !!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Jamaica hotels

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Front desk was very rude and we got bedbug bites. We were in room 305 and be friend got bitten really bad and the front desk didn't really care. When we asked to check out early we were informed that as per motel policy we were getting charged an extra night. Don't waste your time at this dump

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank yuphup
TorontoYash, General Manager at JFK Inn, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Hi Sir/Madam ; First of all we are sorry she found a Bed Bugg in the room. We at the Hotel takes all the precautions we can means doing a Regular Spray .Inspite of all our efforts If we still find the problem existed . Immigitly we will take that room out of service. With the help of professional Exterminator we will fumigate the room again .This is exactly we did in this guest complaint Please note we take all complaints very seriously. As we all know Bed Buggs are concerned they travels with the guest luggage that is one of the reason we have luggage racks in all our rooms
As far this particular guest when ever their next trip it may be I will take care 0f them personally I will either upgrade their room or give them some sort of Discount on their future stay with us . Look forward to see them soon My email is== John @jfkinn .com
Milano, Italia
Reviewed November 17, 2012

When I opened my room's door I was pretty sure that I'll find a dead body inside the bathtub... Quentin Tarantino should be enthusiastic of a so perfect location.
This hotel is really awful. You spend 200 bucks a night for a bed, a shower and a coffee. The free shuttle to/from the airport is an old banger and you must wait half an hour before it comes.
Of course, people come here when all other hotels are sold out, but with the same amount of money you should have at least someone carrying your luggages on the stairs (there's no elevator...)

Room Tip: You better choose another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Gianluca G
Please note at time of sandy storm There was more than one issue .
Starting with room condition we pride ourselves being a Two Star Hotel . Under Two star we provide all the amenities the Guest requires Starting from a coffee maker in the room to a private bath / Flat screen TV .
As far as room rate is concerned Our prices compare to other Hotel has always been very compititve compare to the services we offer
At the time of Sandy there was shortage of GAS . There is a possibility our Dropoff/Pick service could have been effected. As far as VANS are concerned Hotel has two vans One model 2011 2ND is year 2008 According to us both vans are quite good & runs well
Evevators hotel is built on a hill It is only It is only one story guest has to go up All our Drivers has been advised to assist the guest with luggage or any other needs guest may have that includes to carry the guest Luggage y one floor
Again as I said earlier our level of service could have been effected due to a Storm Sandy
We do appologize from the guest . As the guest is local we would compensate the guest in some form or shape when ever their future travel may be
Once again sorry for the inconvience
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Like everyone else I stayed in this hotel due to hurricane sandy cancelling my flight.. I booked online and web arrived was told the site had been closed and that the hotel only made a little money from these bookings as well as the company so he was cancelling it as didn't have rooms to give cheap.. Told me it was $150 a night instead.. Totally taking advantage of the situation, ended up paying and getting a room but after complaining numerous times was given a refund.. Also tried telling us shuttle was of and would charge us $55 to get to airport 2 miles away (max)..
Room was clean but ceiling plaster and walls were bubbled and peeling away..

Would only say as a last resort of everywhere else being booked up

• Stayed November 2012
Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed October 31, 2012

As several other reviewers, I needed a basic room to rest for a flight early the next morning.
I checked in at 12:30am and was tolf that they did not have my reservation. Another person came out and found it (not in the computer, but in a binder).
My room was in the basement...no problem. The shuttle driver assisted me with my luggage and said that my room was recently renovated...not! As soon as I entered the room I smelled mold. Some of the wall tiles were missing in the bathroom, and the bath towels were the size of postage stamps.
I pulled down the bedspread and there was no blanket on the bed - only the sheet.
The bed was comfortable and I had a good nights sleep. I only had coffee at the breakfast bar, but there was decent food available.
As I said, I was only staying there to make a connection. Had it been for any other reason, I would not have stayed here,

Room Tip: Spend more and stay somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kailaj_99
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We checked into this hotel due to our flight being cancelled because of the hurricane. We were given a room in the basement. The roof was covered in mould and the room had a distinct mouldy smell. I went back up to reception and asked another room. The next room was mould free. The hotel is basic. Room Had a flat screen tv, bathroom was clean, sheets and bed was clean. For a 2star hotel it served its purpose. small things like wall paper coming off the walls didnt bother us. Breakfast consisted of cereal, muffins, bagels, crossants, tea and coffee. There's a couple of small mini marts around the corner, burger king and a deli. cant comment on the shuttle as we never used this. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012