“Never again.. Con merchants”
Review of JFK Inn

JFK Inn
Ranked #28 of 29 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Like everyone else I stayed in this hotel due to hurricane sandy cancelling my flight.. I booked online and web arrived was told the site had been closed and that the hotel only made a little money from these bookings as well as the company so he was cancelling it as didn't have rooms to give cheap.. Told me it was $150 a night instead.. Totally taking advantage of the situation, ended up paying and getting a room but after complaining numerous times was given a refund.. Also tried telling us shuttle was of and would charge us $55 to get to airport 2 miles away (max)..
Room was clean but ceiling plaster and walls were bubbled and peeling away..

Would only say as a last resort of everywhere else being booked up

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed October 31, 2012

As several other reviewers, I needed a basic room to rest for a flight early the next morning.
I checked in at 12:30am and was tolf that they did not have my reservation. Another person came out and found it (not in the computer, but in a binder).
My room was in the basement...no problem. The shuttle driver assisted me with my luggage and said that my room was recently renovated...not! As soon as I entered the room I smelled mold. Some of the wall tiles were missing in the bathroom, and the bath towels were the size of postage stamps.
I pulled down the bedspread and there was no blanket on the bed - only the sheet.
The bed was comfortable and I had a good nights sleep. I only had coffee at the breakfast bar, but there was decent food available.
As I said, I was only staying there to make a connection. Had it been for any other reason, I would not have stayed here,

Room Tip: Spend more and stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kailaj_99
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We checked into this hotel due to our flight being cancelled because of the hurricane. We were given a room in the basement. The roof was covered in mould and the room had a distinct mouldy smell. I went back up to reception and asked another room. The next room was mould free. The hotel is basic. Room Had a flat screen tv, bathroom was clean, sheets and bed was clean. For a 2star hotel it served its purpose. small things like wall paper coming off the walls didnt bother us. Breakfast consisted of cereal, muffins, bagels, crossants, tea and coffee. There's a couple of small mini marts around the corner, burger king and a deli. cant comment on the shuttle as we never used this. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Perhaps all the hotels as this one require you to take the airport tram (free) to Federal Square where they pick up. We called from the airport and were told this. We were picked up at Federal promptly but good to know there is this extra step. Just follow signs for Tram and take the one that says Jamaica. Get off at Federal and there are free hotel phones there to call for your ridel

I found the staff friendly . They told us there were menu's in our room where we could order out. These were an Indian and a Chinese restaurant. We opted for takeout from some fast foods around the corner. If it works for you I would recommend eating at the airport before coming here.

I noticed someone else mentioned the key machine was broken. Iwonder if this is a regular occurrence as we were told the same thing so they let us in our room and never did bring us our own keys though I heard them bring them to someone next door. I stayed in while my husband picked up food.

Cleanliness is not up to my standards thought the bed and linens are clean. There is a 5 ft circular mirror above the bed and one wall next to the bed is mirrored.

Our room has a refrigerator. We look out on the parking lot of many school buses.

It has served our purpose. Breakfast is free but you may want to get yours at the airport

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We chose JFK Inn to stay in before next day's flight. If youre going to stay overnight or just a place to sleep in, in your tour of NY, but still want the privacy of your own room, than stay in hostels, then the JFK will serve its purpose..It's not that bad, rooms and toilets are clean, which are the most important to me...Beds can improve, they have those leather like mattresses, which feel like youre sleeping on a leather couch,,,there's free breakfast and a shuttle service, which are great for budget travelers...so overall, its ok for the price being in NY....

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The breakfast has improved. I still do not understand the deal between them and these online services. You get an offer that says 110, you hit the hotel, you end up paying 120, but you actually find out that on the board, it says "Rooms from 95"

Now I have made up my mind NOT TO BOOK. Just hit the airport and call and find out!!

Then when I left, I get a mail from the online company about a "No Show" based on the information received from the Hotel. Then I replied, including my room number ..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
JFKInnCharles, Director of Sales at JFK Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Our Esteemed Guests
Thank you for being so observant, and also a returning Guest. As it is, we rely tremendously on the comments of our Guests to better serve them in operating a successful hospitality facility.
We have recently undergone some major changes and upgrades in embracing an approach of progressive improvement.

As our returning Guests will observe, there have been changes in the breakfast menu where new items have been added, so there is more to choose from.

We are adding more facilities in the room so that every room will have its own microwave and fridge. Already every room has had an upgraded 40” LCD flat screen Television much to the pleasure of our regulars. Also, we are replacing mattresses with more comfortable, contemporary ones. Even our Wifi services is being upgraded to every room, an amenity, like so many others, free-of-charge.

Our endeavor is to bring you, our Esteemed Guests, the best of comfort and service for your money’s worth, and your comments have tremendous impact on our decisions in going forward.
It is you, by your comments that have helped us in the past to improve our services and we depend on your critique to better be of service to you in the future.

In fact, if you have a comment, a suggestion, or request, you can send a personal message to John at (email: john@panexpresstravel.com). Your personal message will be honored treated with immediacy.

At Your Service
John Sharma - Director of marketing& business Development

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Horrible. No service at all. Rude front desk person. Very inconvenience when you plan to take subway. You have to pay $15-18 dollars one way to get subway station. There was one time just before we left, the air condition was broken, the front desk girl even suggested to sleep with open window.

• Stayed: August 2012