“average”

Hampton Inn NY - JFK
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Breakfast was not value for money. All other services were good enough. Location is excellent near the airport. Hotel looks a little old, not well kept. The price is pocket friendly . Breakfast was not value for money. All other services were good enough. Location is excellent near the airport. Hotel looks a little old, not well kept. The price is pocket friendly

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,832)

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I regularly stay at this hotel for flights in and out of JFK. The staff is consistently helpful and very friendly. Some, for example, Ashley, even remember more frequent guests. This trip I required some assistance with a reservation problem that could not be corrected at the national help line level but manager Trudy W corrected my mistake and made a room available. The rooms are clean and the air is fresh. The van service is always operated by professional and friendly drivers. Definitely stay here if a JFK hotel is needed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 197,448,562
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Really lovely hotel, i would recommend staying here especially if you're just travelling as i was and waiting on a connecting flight as it is very easy to get to and from JFK by their shuttle service, the staff were very friendly and helpful, large lovely rooms and very well priced!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Wonderful staff who are very helpful Joined by walkway with the Hilton for dinner dining Have been staying at this hotel for work for the last 11 years and the quality of service has improved immensely

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I would stay at this hotel again, staff are friendly,shuttle driver helpful, friendly, and attentive, room was clean,comfy beds,roomy bathroom, breakfast was tasty. I never got to venture out on foot, but was in a residential area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I am an airline employee and I have stayed here a number of times previously, both on the company's and my own dime. For the price, the hotel far exceeds the competition in the area, especially in the area of noise, when considering its proximity to the Belt Pkwy and JFK.

The hotel is clean, transportation is good (not great); and the breakfast bar is well stocked and staffed by very friendly staff.

In fact, on my most recent visit, the lid to my own coffee mug came loose and I spilled hot coffee on my hand. I nearly cried like a girl, but the ladies in the kitchen iced me up and and retrieved Aloe Vera and my burn was pain-free in under an hour. So nice to find staff that make you feel at home, especially in New York!

Room Tip: No good or bad side given the exceptional insulation to outside noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I have stayed at the JFK Hampton Inn for 2 nights during two separate business trips to NYC where I was working near the hotel during overnight shifts. Although the parking lot is limited, I had no trouble finding parking during both stays, even when arriving during off hours. There was no airport or road noise which was very nice. As for the hotel, I stay at Hampton Inns often and it is one of the nicer Hampton Inn hotels. The staff is exceptional, very attentive and very helpful. During both stays, I needed to sleep during the day so housekeeping couldn't service my room. I was pleasantly surprised to find a basket with extra towels and toiletries waiting at my door. This is something that I would expect from a high end hotel---a very impressive customer service touch! As far as food options go, the other reviewers are correct---there are no nearby restaurants---there are just airport hotels in a residential neighborhood right off the Belt Parkay. However, I have to say the take out menus are top notch! I am usually leery about whether the staff "vets" the restaurants they recommend. I was so impressed to see that two of the pizza/italian food restaurants that deliver to this hotel were in my childhood neighborhood in Queens (Sophia's Pizza and Tommy's Pizza) ---no doubt someone did their homework! There are many choices for Pizza in NY and they made sure they offered the best! Upon seeing the high quality pizza delivery companies (which I had just visited since I was in the area), I decided tried the Chinese food and was very happy with my meal.

Room Tip: The windows are sound proof, so from a noise level, there aren't any bad rooms where outside noi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business