“For a good night before an early flight”

Hampton Inn NY - JFK
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Marne-la-Vallee, France
“For a good night before an early flight”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I chose this hotel thanks to TripAdvisor and wasn't disappointed. I stayed there on Sep 7th as I had to spend the night in New York in between flights.
We got to take the shuttle, just so you know trafic is crazy in New York and so are the drivers ! Honking is a way to say "Hey I am here and I won't stop" ! What really was confusing when we were there was where to get the shuttle. When we needed to get to the hotel, it was on one side (not the one that we were told on the phone) and when we came back from the city it was on the other, which made us lose some valuable sleeping time !!!
I didn't expect too much from the hotel itself but the lobby was nice and clean. The bedroom are of good size, the beds are high but comfortable, we didn't want to leave them, and the bathroom is simple. Apparently Hampton Inn can offer you a lot if you forget things like toothbrush, razors.... So that is a great plus !
The corridor and the rooms door don't look the best, but it did well for one night.
The big problem is that they have NO SAFE IN THE ROOM. They only have those tiny ones in their back office that can hold money. This is something that could really be improved !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear briandciement,
Thank you for visiting TripAdvisor to be informed on our hotel, thank you for choosing to stay with us, as well as for taking the time to share your feedback on our services and our property. We appreciate your feedback on the safe, as you notice we do have them available at different sizes at the front desk at no extra charge. We take pride of what we do here at the Hampton Inn JFK and are happy to see our guests are enjoying their stay.

suela.kacani@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Wasn't expecting the Ritz. Which was good as didn't get it! Great hotel shuttle which picks up at Federal Circle and then drops off at the Terminal. As I had an early flight this was great for me.

I was surprised that the hotel didn't have a restaurant or bar. I thought to myself: I'll arrive, have a martini at the bar and go to bed. Maybe even something to eat. Only the shuttle driver announced that they don't serve food after 9pm. There's coffee though....There's a large Hilton at the other side of the parking lot which has a restaurant and bar so you can get something to eat if arriving late.

Staff very helpful and cheerful. Rooms were quite dated and had seen better days but scrupulously clean. Nice big flat screen TV too. Comfortable bed.

The problem for me was that, with taxes, I paid almost $200. It was a bit much for what I got. At an airport hotel.

So if you had a good deal, I'd take it but keep your expectations low.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear stevenr35,
I would like to take the time to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn JFK. Our location to the airport makes us perfect for travelers flying in and out from JFK.
However, we put our efforts every day in making our hotel a great and comfortable property for anyone traveling the area and the Big Apple. We have a fantastic team of dedicated hospitality professionals that come in every day ready to make every guest's experience a memorable one.
As a limited service hotel we do not have a restaurant on site for lunch and dinner, which is a brand standard. We do however provide a complimentary breakfast each morning. The Hilton that is connected through and indoor hallway to our hotel has a full service restaurant/bar and our guests are welcomed to utilize it. The food is delicious.
As we try to be competitive in our area by providing a great value, complimentary WIFI, a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport and a flavorful breakfast each morning.
We hope to see you soon again when travels bring you to the area.

Fontana
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This hotel is close by to JFK airport. This hotel is on the left side of the Hilton airport. Our family dropped us at the wrong hotel. Finding this hotel is a little confusing. Spacious room considering that there's 4 adults and 1 child. They gave us 2 double beds which is more than adequate for an overnight stay. First impression of our room is clean and neat. Nothing too extravagant but for an airport hotel, I couldn't complain much. TV's are updated to flat screen. Furniture is not modern but not too antiqued.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Karl A,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn JFK. We value your business and your feedback. We are pleased to see that our hotel met your family's needs. Our staff makes sure our guests enjoy spotless environments and a superior service that we have managed to provide through the years.

Many thanks,
Grand Prairie, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Right next to JFK but not in the flight path. I was on the 11th floor (I request high floor rooms for less guest noise) and never heard a passing plane although my window faced JFK. It is a short shuttle ride (free) from the airport.

We wanted to go into the city - not real easy from here. We asked the front desk to call us a cab. They let us know although an easy option, the cab ride would be about $50 to Times Square / Rockerfeller center. They then gave us another option - offered the shuttle (free) to Federal Circle (JFK AirTran station) - take AirTran to Jamaica Station - then jump on E train to 5th and 53rd ($15.00 round trip instead of $100 for round trip cab).

Hotel is pretty clean, but does allow smoking on some floors - so take your pick. I'm not a fan, but the option is there for those who can't wait to get outside. Most NYC hotels have a smoking option. This is a well kept and maintained property that is ideal for a stop over, but not one I would recommend for a tourist trip centered on seeing the sights.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear road_tripping9110,
Thank you for staying with us and we are glad to see that you found the proximity to the airport great and that you had a quite nights sleep.
As you mention, it is easy to get in the city and we will happily drop you off at Federal Cir. from where you can get to the city and is pretty inexpensive. Thank you for taking the time to review us here on TripAdvisor!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Easy to get to from the airport with the Hampton shuttle bus, although we did have to call the hotel to get it to come and pick us up. Room was big and very clean, although we did get an upgrade due to my gold Hilton membership. Breakfast was very basic but did the job, all self service and all tasted fine, apart from the slightly strange looking scrambled egg which tasted like plasticine.

Hopped on the shuttle again in the morning to head over to Jamaica to get the Long Island rail road. Would recommend this for an airport hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear GlobalGooner81,
Thank you for staying with us and recommending our hotel to our TripAdvisor visitors.
Our shuttle is available 24 hours a day. It runs every half hour from the hotel and upon request to be picked up from Federal Circle at the airport.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My family stayed here for one night to catch an early flight out of JFK. We were greeted very warmly by the staff at the front desk. They gave the kids cookies, and I was given water and a choice of snacks. The room had 2 queen, and was very clean, comfortable and stocked with towels and amenities. Beds were comfortable with nice pillows and linens. I needed to print out boarding passes, and they have business center where I was able to do so easily. Free coffee and tea 24/7 in the lobby. Our flight was so early we weren't able to take advantage of the breakfast, but we did get the breakfast bag to go, which was nice to have. The restaurant is next store at the Hilton, and we had a decent meal there. I did get some take out menus from the front desk (which they happily gave me), but we opted for a sit-down dinner instead.

The staff was great! The drive to the airport was extremely convenient! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Modesto, CA
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night prior to an overseas flight & after a cross country flight. Shuttle from Federal Circle was quick & convenient. From the airport / Federal Circle it was on request for my late arrival, but every 30 minutes prior to 2PM & hourly thereafter for my return to the airport. Front desk was very pleasant & accommodating. 24 hr tea, hot chocolate, & coffee was greatly appreciated. They have a pleasant lounge for relaxing with comfortable seating. Complimentary hot breakfast was ample.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank elviraModesto
Dear elviraModesto,
What a nice informative review. Thank you and we are happy to see that getting in and out from the airport was quick and easy with our complimentary shuttle. We are also happy to see that you appreciated our 24 hour coffee/tea service in the lobby. We hope to see you again when travels bring you to our area.