“Wonderful place to stay”

Hampton Inn NY - JFK
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was here for over a week the staff was great, polite and very outstanding with not only me but others checking in and asking questions how to get around the city. Hotel room was the cleanest I have seen in many cities. Shuttle drivers were polite, and the breakfast staff ...so nice to see a smile early in the morning they are wonderful !! you will love your stay with them ! I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear n0nrevtravel,
We are very thrilled to see that you enjoyed your week at our hotel. Thank you for taking note of the great things we do here at the Hampton Inn JFK ensuring all our guest receive a personalized welcome and outstanding service. We take pride in a great team of hospitality professionals and we are happy to see that we have achieved our goals.
We look forward to your return.

suela.kacani@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,794)

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Hotel located near the airport with a free shuttle bus. The building is not the first youth, you can already see signs of wear but it is still acceptable.
The bathroom ventilation quite noisy to work but did not report the problem because I was so tired that I fell asleep in a quarter :)
Beds comfortable but the mattress is very high and you have to jump on it. Breakfast is moderate, on the plus side I include waffle maker for negative plastic cutlery, trays and cups.
I think I will stay there again because of the affordable price as NY.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear karaluchens,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn JFK. We have taken notice of your comments and as we look to better our service and hotel we will make sure that look into the noisy ventilation. Please feel free to reach out to me with room information as so we can have it looked at. We are pleased to see that you will be visiting us again while in the area and we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I will normally choose a Hampton Inn when I am travelling because of the great customer service and clean properties. I must say I was a little disappointed by this particular hotel. The room while clean and spacious was very noisy at night. We could hear our next door neighbors quite clearly as well as pipe noise when other people on the floor flushed their toilets. The air conditioning was also quite loud when it came on, all these combined made for quite a difficult sleep. The staff was quite pleasant and very helpful, other than a phone call made to the front desk to ask if there was a rollout bed available, they said they would check but we never got a phone call back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear oostevery,
Thank you for staying with us and for your loyalty to our brand, we value your business and I am sorry to hear about your experience at the Hampton Inn JFK. As all our other properties we make sure our guests have a most enjoyable experience and we are sorry we failed to do so at your recent visit at our hotel. Our dedicated team of hospitality professionals works hard every day to make sure we meet our goal, which is for our guests to walk away wanted to come back. We would love for a chance to have you stay with us again. I will be happy to arrange your reservations for you.

Many thanks,

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was very reluctant to choose this hotel because it was away from the "city life" but as soon as I called the hotel for directions, Craig changed that for me. He was very helpful from the minute my girlfriend and I checked in. Greeted us with a smile, quick check-in and easy/cheap directions to Penn Station for us to do some sightseeing near Times Square. Also gave us easy directions to Barclays for the Beyonce Concert! He is the meaning of customer service and does it with a smile. The breakfast was good and the service from whatever we needed (towels, coffee, etc) was quick. I will visit this property but only when I have a car!!!! Good job!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Veejudlog,
Thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the city as well as Beyonce's concert. I am thrilled to hear about Craig providing outstanding service and being attentive to your needs. He will be happy to read about your comment. He really is "the meaning of customer service" and we are so happy to have him on our team.
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have stayed her twice. It is a very good hotel with nice room sizes for New York. The free breakfast is good and the shuttle takes you to JFK every 30 minutes. But what I really liked was how very good the customer service is. We had a problem with our room and the way they addressed the problem was outstanding and way beyond my expectations. This is my new NYC hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Scott B

Dear Scott B,
Thank you for your loyalty, we appreciate your business. We try hard every day to make sure our hotel is clean comfortable and provide all necessary amenities for a comfortable and enjoyable stay. However, what separates us from our competition, it is as you say the customer service we provide and we are very proud of this. Even more so when we hear it coming from our guests. We thank you and we promise to continue doing what we do best and look forward to welcoming you back to your NYC hotel.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed at Hampton Inn for one night before my flight to Canada. Good location close to airport offering free shuttle service. Room was clean and specious. The only problem I had was air conditioning. It wasn’t working properly and was very loud. Lucky I had ear plugs, otherwise I couldn’t sleep. also there is no fridge in a room. I guess if you get it for the right price and one night only, it is not so bed...Free WiFi is a bonus.

Room Tip: Ask about air condition if it is working ok
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Christophoros57

Dear Christophoros57,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are happy to see that you find our complimentary WiFi a nice bonus as well as our complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. I am sorry to hear about the loud AC unit in your room. I am not sure if you were able to report that with our front desk as our Engineer can have the issue taken care of. In addition, we do provide refrigerators at no extra cost if you request one, we will happily bring it up to your room as we do have them available upon request. Safe travels, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to the States.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The helpfulness of the staff doesn't quite make up for a slightly shabby airport hotel. We moved rooms as it looked like the bedding had not been changed. Even when we moved the bed sheets did not look like they had been ironed. The room was clean and it did for one night, but I would not book there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear IanE15,
Thank you for taking notice of our helpful staff. Our staff truly is our pride at the Hampton Inn JFK. I am sorry to hear of your experience. Please allow me to apologize and also note that our housekeeping does a very good job in making sure our rooms and bedding our spotless. We wash everything, the entire bedding daily and it is not the norm at our hotel for guests to experience what you did and i am truly sorry. SHould you feel that you need to discuss this further please feel free to reach out to me directly.