“Very responsive good hotel”

Hampton Inn NY - JFK
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Very responsive good hotel”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have stayed her twice. It is a very good hotel with nice room sizes for New York. The free breakfast is good and the shuttle takes you to JFK every 30 minutes. But what I really liked was how very good the customer service is. We had a problem with our room and the way they addressed the problem was outstanding and way beyond my expectations. This is my new NYC hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Scott B
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Scott B,
Thank you for your loyalty, we appreciate your business. We try hard every day to make sure our hotel is clean comfortable and provide all necessary amenities for a comfortable and enjoyable stay. However, what separates us from our competition, it is as you say the customer service we provide and we are very proud of this. Even more so when we hear it coming from our guests. We thank you and we promise to continue doing what we do best and look forward to welcoming you back to your NYC hotel.

suela.kacani@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed at Hampton Inn for one night before my flight to Canada. Good location close to airport offering free shuttle service. Room was clean and specious. The only problem I had was air conditioning. It wasn’t working properly and was very loud. Lucky I had ear plugs, otherwise I couldn’t sleep. also there is no fridge in a room. I guess if you get it for the right price and one night only, it is not so bed...Free WiFi is a bonus.

Room Tip: Ask about air condition if it is working ok
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Christophoros57
Dear Christophoros57,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are happy to see that you find our complimentary WiFi a nice bonus as well as our complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport. I am sorry to hear about the loud AC unit in your room. I am not sure if you were able to report that with our front desk as our Engineer can have the issue taken care of. In addition, we do provide refrigerators at no extra cost if you request one, we will happily bring it up to your room as we do have them available upon request. Safe travels, and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back on your next visit to the States.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The helpfulness of the staff doesn't quite make up for a slightly shabby airport hotel. We moved rooms as it looked like the bedding had not been changed. Even when we moved the bed sheets did not look like they had been ironed. The room was clean and it did for one night, but I would not book there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear IanE15,
Thank you for taking notice of our helpful staff. Our staff truly is our pride at the Hampton Inn JFK. I am sorry to hear of your experience. Please allow me to apologize and also note that our housekeeping does a very good job in making sure our rooms and bedding our spotless. We wash everything, the entire bedding daily and it is not the norm at our hotel for guests to experience what you did and i am truly sorry. SHould you feel that you need to discuss this further please feel free to reach out to me directly.

San Diego, California
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Ask anyone that has stayed in a hotel next to an airport and rarely will you find them expounding high praise about there stay. So i was pleasantly surprised from how easy making the reservations were to check out time.
After I made the reservations I called the hotel to make sure I was not put next to the elevator or ice machine. She assured me that i was not and that I would be placed on the eleventh floor facing the airport so I could watch the planes take off if I wanted to.
There was always someone around either behind the counter or just roaming around the lobby to answer any of my questions. This hotel even provides you with all the cold bottled water that you ask for from the check in/out counter.
The rooms were clean and updated.
Cons:The beds were on the hard side but I prefer a little hard to a bed that is to soft.
The shower water pressure was weak at best but did the job.
The air conditioner vent was placed so it blew on you when you are in the bed.
The breakfast was not very good and I would definitely consider eating at the restaurant at the Hilton a 100 steps away next time.
When I weigh the pros and cons I will definitely stay in this hotel again. The staff of this hotel is just that good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Suela K, TPW Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Bruce S,
I would like to thank you for making such a nice note about our staff and the service we provide at the Hampton Inn JFK. We are very proud of such great individuals that make up our team. We are happy to see that your experienced a smooth stay from making the reservation to your departure time. We look forward to welcoming you at our hotel next time you visit the area.

Komenda
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel was very nice. elegant, clean room, great service.
We had to wait over half an hour for the shuttle to pick us up at the airport, which seamed too long as some other hotels picked up their clients two times in between.
The room was very nice but we could hear noise froom the highway and some disco music from somewhere near hotel (it was saturday;). If we weren't exausted we might have problems with that.
The hotel doesn't provide any evening meals, but they are connected to neighboring Hilton hotel with a tunnel. Hilton had an evening restaurant and a bar, so we could grab a bite there. Thay also din't have any breakfast-to-go options which is a bit odd as this if an Airport hotel and guest often leave before the regular breakfast opens.
I would recommend and stay at this hotel again without much consideration.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Boshtyan,
Thank you for providing us with your feedback during your recent stay at the Hampton Inn JFK.
Our complimentary shuttle leaves the hotel every 30 min. for drop offs and we as requested for pick up. Please call the hotel once you arrive at the airport and we will make sure to pick you up promptly. The Hilton next door is a great option to have lunch and dinner. We offer complimentary breakfast daily. However, if you need to depart prior to the serving time, we will gladly prepare a to go breakfast bag for you.Please inform the front desk the time you would like to pick it up and we will have it available for pick up at the front desk to morning of your departure.

Many thanks,
Washington, DC, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was booked in a smoking room, when I had reserved non-smoking. Fortunately this was corrected on arrival, but only after I had walked up to the room and back. Then the room I was given was set to 62 F. Cold enough that it took extra time to fall asleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Adriaan c,
We have taken note of your comments are we are working to prevent this from happening again.
los angeles
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The rooms are clean, reasonably up to date, and large enough. Close to JFK, and the shuttles to/from the airport are convenient. The staff seems genuinely concerned with their guests. They were polite, friendly, and helpful. Breakfast -- good selection, good quality. If we ever have to stay overnight at JFK, this is the place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear cjplus3,
Thank you for staying with us and for calling our hotel "the place to be while in and out of JFK" thank you for recognizing our staff and the hard work they put on every day for our guests to have a worry free and relaxing stay. While they concentrate what is important o them as we take care of all other details for our guests. We hope to see you soon again.

suela.kacani@yahoo.com