“Very Good Personnel”

Hampton Inn NY - JFK
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed May 23, 2013

A clean room, a good price and very good personnel. We stayed at this hotel for one night and we were well pleased. Close proximity to JFK. Clean facilities and nice bedding. Shuttle service was on-time every fifteen to thirty minutes. We had a very early flight so the Breakfast lady had prepared for us a "to-go" bag. As we were waiting for the shuttle she poured some fresh orange juice and offered another muffin to us. A nice touch for a very early departure.
Coffee was fresh and hot. Tonasha, Amanda and Mishela work the front desk. Tonasha went the extra mile and made sure we had a "to-go" breakfast bag before we went to bed and a scheduled car to get us where we needed to be for the next morning. She was always friendly and had a easy smile. She recommended the Hilton Restaurant (which is attached to the Hampton by corridor) and we had an excellent meal. Will return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Suela K, TPWS Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Buckeyesandi,
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn JFK and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. YES - our staff is always working hard in making sure our guests receive superior customer service and i see that this does reflect by your comments and we are all very happy to see. "Tonesha,Amanda and Mishela" demonstrate great customer service skills and they really are terrific. I will share this great comment with them.
The Hilton next door has a full service restaurant that is open for lunch and dinner and our guest are welcomed to utilize. Glad you enjoyed your meal!! We look forward to your return.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn NY - JFK

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Enjoyed our one night stay before flight out of JFK. Very convenient. Clean facilities and good staff. Nice that bedding including the duvet were marked as "clean" for our stay, a great phsychologically comforting feeling to know its clean! Beds comfortable but a little high. Breakfast had a basic selection of breakfast items- would consider this a great compared to some of hotels that offer a "free breakfast".
Front desk had a good selection of menu's for restaurant delivery- great foods.
Business center was convenient. One of the terminals was down so we did have to wait a bit to have it rebooted. Once done the printer was out of paper. BUT the convenience of being able to use the facilities was great!
Free shuttle was good. We were the last to dropped off at our terminal as the driver was not very familiar with all the airlines which is not a norm. Driver was extrememly friendly though and able to manuever the confusing roadways of JFK.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear diamondieo,
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn JFK, we understand you have options and as such we like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. We try hard everyday in making sure we are providing the best hotel accommodations, clean and safe rooms, comfortable lobby a healthy breakfast and all this gets done with great dedication and enthusiasm by out wonderful team of hospitality professionals and we take pride in anything we do in making sure our guests are experiencing the best. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Many thanks,

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Hotel was nice and clean, big rooms and friendly hotel staff. Breakfast was very American where we missed good bread and cheese instead of syrup and cakes. No restaurant or bar but covered corridor to neighboring Hilton Hotel, where all was available. Only thing to watch out for is letting the hotel take a print of your credit card, as they used the print without our knowledge nor signature to debit us for an already paid room after we left the hotel. This of course cost them on the above rating.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear SteenW,
Thank you for your great feedback on our hotel. We serve breakfast daily and the Hilton next door is open for lunch and dinner daily and our guests are welcomed to utilize.
I do apologize for the inconvenience in regards to your credit card. It is the hotel's procedure that even for pre-paid reservations we do need credit card to cover any possible incidental charges that may occur during your stay. If there aren't any, your card will not be charged and any authorization will be released.
I am not sure what the exact situation was during your check in. Please feel free to reach out to me with more information and i will make sure i address the issue promptly. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had a great experience staying at The Hampton Inn-JFK. It stared at Federal Circle when much to my surprise The Airport Van was there waiting at the pickup area. The entire staff at The Hotel gave me five star treatment. A real plus for me is the breakfast they have in the morning. Ms. Trechionno from Food & Beverage who sees to it that everybody is taken care of. She rates a ten on her performance. I am looking forward to my next stay at Hampton Inn-JFK. M. Silver

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear mark930,
WOW!!!! I am thrilled to see that our staff went above and beyond in making sure your stays in an unforgettable one. And it seems that we have succeeded. Thank you for your perfect 5 feedback.
Ms. Trechionno is simply "fabulous" we are so fortunate to have her on our team.
We are looking forward in having you again at your home away from home!!!

Special thanks,

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We picked the Hampton for our overnight stay at JFK, because our prior stay at the Fairfield was not satisfactory. As this is my 100th review, it is obvious we travel a bit, and I have learned that it is very important to have a hotel with a caring staff as all stays are not perfect. Such was the case with Kevin and the staff at the Hampton Inn; our less than perfect arrival became a perfect stay.

We had arrived on a late flight from Europe, and after a very efficient airport pickup and checkin, we opened the door of our room to a temperature of 55 degrees. However, with efficiency and speed the situation was completely rectified and our much needed night sleep was attained.

We have never stayed at the Hampton before, but we will be back because we know they care.

Dear jhasko,
It is such a wonderful feeling for me to see these wonderful reviews.
And your perfect feedback on our hotel and our staff states that our hard work and efforts has paid off when we see happy and satisfied guests like yourself and cant wait to be back at the Hampton Inn JFK. I am thrilled to see that we have exceeded your expectations. And we will continue to do so and have the pleasure to serve you again and again every time you visit us.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

After an extended trip abroad, we took an overnight at the Hampton Inn at JFK (Jamaica, NY) to rest before a long day of traveling to get home. The check-in attendants were fast and pleasant, the beds, big and comfortable. In the morning the breakfast buffet was plentiful and Trechianna (who oversees the breakfast) even made my waffle for me!!
One quick note. I had read about the smoking rooms and the reply from Suela Kacami who suggested arranging ahead for a non-smoking room. I emailed Suela but never got a response. I ended up with a smoking room. However, the staff has a machine that purifies the air (it took about 20 minutes) but it worked pretty well.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly, no matter how you make the original reservation to find out about bed size...

Dear aslow,
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your overnight accommodations while in and out of JFK airport. We have a wonderful team of hospitality professionals that work hard in ensuing that our guests have the best experience and are enjoying their stay.
I truthfully apologize for not being able to reach each other. I receive emails from guests and i am personally always making sure i reply to all my emails daily. I didn't recall any in regards to this issue as i was reading you TripAdvisor review.
However, i went back to all my emails trying to look for it and i wasn't fortunate. I looked on my spam folder and didn't see anything either. I am sad i wasn't able to assist and please do accept my apologies. I can be reached at SUELA.KACANI@HILTON.COM
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR STAING WITH US. I do hope i have the chance next time to make sure that your stay next time around is perfect. Please feel free to contact me AGAIN at any time!!!!!!!!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We travel to NYC often and have stayed here many times. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the staff are very friendly and accommodating. Margarita was exceptionally helpful and kind at breakfast during this May visit. The Hampton offers a complementary breakfast, including fresh made Belgian waffles, fresh fruit, homemade oatmeal, cold cereals, scrambled eggs and some sort of breakfast meat, along with a variety of hot and cold beverages. It also offers free shuttle service to and from JFK airport. It's a terrific deal!!

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter since they are further away from street traffic. They also provider a broad...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Suela K, TPWS Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Irma A,
I would like to thank you for your support and your loyalty.
Thank you for sharing your feedback with our TripAdvisor community as we understand the impact "word of mouth" has; and we thank you for sharing your experiences here. Margarita is really wonderful and we are pleased to have her on our team. I will make sure she gets the message.
We look forward to greeting you on your next visit.

Many thanks,