Hampton Inn NY - JFK
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
1,858 results
All reviewsfederal circlefront deskshuttle servicecomplimentary breakfastfree shuttlenext morningair trainclose to the airportwafflesbeds were comfortablebusiness centeran early flightthe breakfast areajamaica stationovernight staynight's sleepinternational flight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2013

On my way to the Caribbean, I had an overnight layover in NYC –JFK airport. I wanted to pick a hotel near the airport, but also comfortable and hassle-free. I chose an overnight in NYC rather than Miami in the hopes of seeing one of my dearest friends. The Hampton Inn was instrumental in achieving these ends. I want to thank Ms. Zapata in particular for helping a tired and frenzied traveler see one of her best friends in the world. Ms. Zapata arranged a car service into Manhattan, which allowed me to meet my friend for dinner, and get back in time for a nap before waking up for my flight the next day. The shuttle service, which runs every half hour in the morning starting at 4am, was quick and easy to use. Although, I have been a bit hesitant to visit hotels, I only have positive words for this experience. I would recommend this hotel again, particularly for JFK layovers. Thank you again, for helping me achieve a memory that's priceless.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Suela K, TPWS Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Roaming443,
Thank you for your great review. Anna is terrific and i am happy to see that she was able to go above and beyond is assisting you with transportation and you were able to see your dear friend in Manhattan. I hope you are having a wonderful time in the Caribbean and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Found this place by comparing the reviews about the other higher end Hilton properties located in the same general area.

First off it was a nice warm greeting upon arrival. Very courteous and appreciative of the clients visiting. Check in was quick and effortless. Room was clean and I had no issues.

Not much to do around here as stated it is a rough area and you don't want to be walking around. We grabbed a cab over to the Howard Beach area where their are numerous restaurants, and decided on Bruno's. (see restaurant reviews). Cab fare was $18 there and back.

The hotel has their own shuttle to the airport, so it was a nice deal. Whatever your flight time is, provide at least an 1 hour and 45 minutes before hand. My flight was at 8:25, I took the 6:30 shuttle. They go in order of terminals starting with number 1, so if there is a large group it does take a little time.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again if ever flying out of JFK and needed quick access.

Room Tip: I think the higher up the quieter. My room faced the highway and airport, and I heard very little noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear EMB08,
Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.
Our associates work hard every day so our guests can enjoy their stay and we are happy to see their hard work has paid off as is being reflected on your experience as i see from you review. We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were traveling with friends and had two rooms. We were both more than pleased with the fine staff of the Hampton Inn NY - JFK. When we arrived Tonesha went out of her way to quickly check us in and her expedient manner was appreciated after a 3-hour flight delay! Tonesha goes above and beyond her work duties to help customers and we sincerely appreciated it. Her smile and attentiveness helped relieve the stress of our 3-hour delay. The staff is all dressed professionally and the hotel is super clean; the rooms are quiet and the beds are comfortable. Thanks to the head of security for giving us such good instructions on how to use the Air Train to the Subway for a quick trip to Manhattan. I wish I could recall his name (he was working the evening of 4/13/13) because he is another gem that the Hampton can be proud of! Great breakfast and business computer room too! The complimentary shuttle was a real plus as well. Thanks, Hampton, for a great stay before we embarked on a Kenyan Safari! We highly recommend your fine hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Suela K, TPWS Communications & Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn NY - JFK, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear kahanac,
THANK YOU!!!! Thank you for such a great review. I am very happy to see you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn JFK. We are very proud of our TEAM!!!! I thank you for taking note and for recognizing them. Tonesha and everyone else work hard, we are grateful to be working with such great individuals. Your comment does not go unnoticed; as i will make sure i communicate with our staff, in appreciation of all they do every day in order to create these wonderful experiences that truly touches our hearts.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed in this busy hotel two nights prior to a trip to Italy, and for one night on our return. The staff is friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable. We ate dinner at the Hilton next door, and the food was quite good, reasonably priced for NY, and the staff there is also good. The free breakfast at the Hampton includes some hot items. There were NOT a lot of choices, it was quite institutional, and good luck if you wanted tabasco sauce on your eggs, but it was adequate.

When you arrive at Federal Circle and call the hotel for a pickup on the free phone, be sure to ask how long it will be. It was cold and windy during our first stay and although the hotel is very close, we waited quite a while for the shuttle. If we'd know how long the wait would be, we could have stayed inside for much of it.

On our first stay we went into NY for a day. You can get a ride to any airport terminal on the hotel shuttle and take the Air Train to the subway or railway.

Hampton is apparently trying to stand out in a crowd by advertising that they wash the sheets and duvets after every guest. Hopefully washing the sheets after every guest is not a new policy. The duvets were lumpy presumably from over washing. But in case you didn't notice the lumps, there are yellow sticky notes on each bed and banners in the elevators. Whoever came up with this campaign ought to have their head examined. More appealing choices at breakfast would make a better impression.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view of the city
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Migratory_Margie,
Thank you for making our hotel the destination hotel while you are flying in and out of JFK airport.
I hope you had a wonderful trip in Italy, it is one of my favorite places to visit!!!
We appreciate your feedback very much as, we are trying hard every day to ensure that the service we provide and the cleanliness of the hotel are a top priority among everything else we do in creating great experiences you walk away with from the Hampton Inn JFK. We look forward in serving you again when you plan to visit another of your destination locations.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Rooms are comfortable and sizable for NY. Plenty of free parking, less than 10 minutes from JFK/Federal Circle if there's no traffic and you don't get lost in the JFK mess. Lobby quite lovely and spacious.

If you have business or tourism in the city, you will have to stay someplace closer and more expensive.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms were plenty quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Ryan C,
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback with our TripAdvisor community.
We hope to welcome you again next time you are in the area.