“Clean Comfortable”

Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Manhattan Beach, California
“Clean Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

5 minutes from JFK. The hotel is well located with ample parking. The room was clean and spacious enough. The bed was very comfortable and the included breakfast buffet was very good. Even though we arrived very late, the hotel gave us a list of restaurants that delivered to the hotel. The Chinese we ordered was excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Kenmar5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

This was my 1st time staying here & I was pleasantly surprised. Conveniently located near JFK. Relatively inconvenient if you plan on spending a lot of time in Manhattan or Brooklyn. However, if you're adventurous, you can take the Airtrain to the subway and get into Manhattan in about 45min.

The hotel has clean spacious rooms, great customer service, good breakfast. Also, their rates seem to be more affordable than some of the other airport hotels.

Overall, I would stay here again. Shuttle operates every 30min during peak times & hourly at night. It takes about 5-10min to get to the airport.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank trinisteph
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at this Hampton several times in 2011 and have always been pleased with the service, staff and rooms. The breakfast staff can be a bit surley, but it's a busy place, I realize. The shuttle drivers are great! A great place to get a night's rest before you fly our of JFK.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank tulsacats
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

I stayed for just one night after a late arrival and destined for an early departure from JFK.
The taxi driver from LaGuardia was useless - he drove completely past, I got suspicious and took out my GPS to see our 2 mile overshoot, I don't know how far he would have gone before admitting that he didn't know where he was going.
The taxi/private hire on the way out was great - he got me to the Delta departures door at a very high rate of speed!

My only gripe with this hotel was that the iron was somewhat unclean and I was at risk of getting my shirt dirty with residue. Other than that, the staff were very friendly and helpful, especially as I fretted over a late arriving package that almost ruined my departing flight.
It's a no frills airport stop, but not too bad as far as those go.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank NCLimey
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

My wife and I had to stay here on an overnight layover. We got into LGA, took a $25 cab to the hotel and stayed for 12 hours until our next flight at JFK. The hotel is all that you could ever ask for. It was a good price and a great value. Everything was very well kept. The shower was awesome as well as all the toiletries that they provide you with. The room also came with free internet access, a large fridge, a coffee maker, hair dryer, iron etc. etc. It was quiet and the temperature control was very good.

We were told about 2 hotel dining options but were also given lots of take out menus of places that would deliver to the hotel.

Take out menus we were given:
Indian Curry Express
Papa John's
Pizza Port
Halal JFK Chicken
Great Dragon
Sofia Pizza

We chose the Indian Curry Express and were not disappointed.

The last thing that I noted before I passed out for the night was the freshness and quality of their bedding.

Breakfast that was included in the morning. The buffet had all sorts of pastries, bagels bread, a toaster, waffel station, fruits, yogurt, french toast sausages, cereal, tea and coffee (as least that I remember).

Checkout was quick and easy and the shuttle ride to the airport was comfortable and smooth.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DK888
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

I stayed at the Hampton Inn JFK in late-October and again in mid-November 2011, on my way to and from India. Each stay was one night. The late-October stay happened to coincide with the surprise blizzard that hit the northeastern U.S. on October 29. From my 12th-floor room at this Hampton Inn, I could see the field over at JFK and wondered if my plane to Istanbul would get out on time (or at all) that night. Luckily, it did.

I arrived here early on a Saturday morning, between 5:00 and 6:00 a.m. So, I needed an early-check-in. I informed the hotel of this by phone prior to arrival, but also informed them I would be leaving the room early and checking out around 9:00 p.m. that same evening to catch my flight -- instead of spending the night. In my opinion, airport hotels should expect this kind of thing and should train their staff how to accommodate it. I ended up being allowed to check in early, but the front desk clerk did not seem knowledgeable about how to make this happen in his computer, until a manager finally showed him how. In contrast, hotel check-out was fast and efficient both times I came through here.

Once I got up to my room, I was quite pleased. Present your Hilton Honors card upon check-in and increase your chances of getting a better room. My hotel rooms during both recent stays were very comfortable and nicely appointed. I slept very fitfully on the beds and later enjoyed the TV and the internet service. The nice view of JFK airport itself allowed me to watch the wild weather show going on outside my window during my October 29 stay. The bathroom had a good shower with plenty of hot water and good water pressure.

The hotel shuttle service over to JFK and to the airport train junction point known as "Federal Circle" runs every 30 minutes during peak times and hourly at other times. On one occasion, I was able to talk a shuttle driver into driving me over to Federal Circle in an unscheduled late-evening run and in crummy winter weather. This I truly appreciated.

Each floor of the hotel has vending machines and ice. The traditionally good Hampton Inn breakfast was available on both of my trips through here. Although not a full buffet, the breakfast is pretty good and has hot items as well as cereals, breads and pastries. There was plenty of space in the dining area, which was clean and policed for cleanliness by an attendant. That attendant also ensured that breakfast items running low were timely replenished so that guests eating later were not short-changed.

If you are here during the evening, two nearby hotels within a short walking distance have restaurants where you can have sit-down dinners. Overall, I enjoyed this Hampton Inn at JFK airport and will stay here again the next time my travel plans bring me through here for a short layover.

Room Tip: Join the Hilton Honors Club to improve your chance for a better room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank singapurastan
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

Whilst the hotel accomodation itself is nothing special, it was nethertheless satisfactory in standard with good sized rooms and respectable public areas - with free wifi as a great bonus. What really made this hotel for us was the staff who were super. Very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable, they even checked us in on our next-day flights, printing our boarding cards.

The locale is not the greatest but to be fair, this hotel is all about JFK stop-overs and for that it is superbly located. The courtesy shuttle is only minutes from Federal Circle (JFKs Hotel Pick Up and Car Rental point) which in turn links to all the airport terminii by monorail. From hotel lobby to terminus was about 10-15 minutes! Further, the service runs through the night.

Not somewhere you would stay for a NY holiday, but great for business stop overs and first nights when travelling via JFK. Good value for money and great service.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family