“Would have been 5* but loud air-con kept us awake”

Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great hotel for staying pre-JFK flight. Transfers were quick and easy and I was impressed by how friendly and hospitable all the staff were.

Had a meal in the restaurant area quite late, the waiter there was also really nice and the food was good.

I don't know if it was the same in all rooms but our aircon kept us awake, we tried turning it off but could still hear it from the other rooms. Couldn't hear any street noise though despite it being by a busy road.

I would definitely stay here again if I was flying from JFK.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Courtyard_JFK_Mgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Isabel J, thank you for your candid feedback and we apologize that the HVAC system kept you up all night. We understand your frustration with the loud HVAC system, if you don’t mind contacting Adam Ramirez Guest Service Manager directly to share which room you were in so we can resolve the issue right away. I'm hopeful you have the opportunity to try our hotel again in the future, so we can demonstrate the level of service that we are proud of. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly at 718-848-2121 to better assist you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed here the night before our trip to Aruba because it was an early flight and they have a package where you can leave your car for 7 days and stay one night. They park your car for you in a secure gated area, have a free shuttle to and from JFK airport. When we came home we called the hotel when we landed and the shuttle was waiting for us at Federal Circle. When we got back to the hotel our car was waiting for us out front. Very convenient. As far as the hotel itself, the room was very clean, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. There is a bar and restaurant in the lobby as well. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph M
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed here the night before my flight and was pleasantly pleased at the hospitality, usually found in hotels charging a lot more $$. Room was comfortable, staff was extraordinarily friendly and happy to go out of their way to make even my short little stay a nice one. I'm impressed and it takes a lot for a mid-range hotel to do that. Marriott has hit a line drive into center field with this one. And I even remembered my K-cup so I had my favorite coffee in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LoverOfSeattle
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Conveniently located right near JFK with free shuttle service. The hotel is clean and modern, and the rooms have recently been renovated which shows. All the rooms have a Keurig coffee maker, mini-fridge, and a decent sized washroom. Wifi worked well. I pricelined the hotel for a decent price and was overall more than satisfied - however at their regular rate of $269+ per night I might have been a bit disappointed - but I suppose that's just New York.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sunny182
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We needed to be close to JFK today, so we stayed at the nearby Courtyard by Marriott last night. The hotel has a zen feel to it and the staff throughout was great. Two examples: This morning, when the elevator stopped on my floor, the building engineer who happened to be heading downstairs saw our huge bags. Without even asking, he stepped out of the elevator and put all three bags in the elevator. Once we got downstairs, he saw how disappointed we were to have just missed the shuttle service, so he went to the front desk staff to inquire about a special trip to JFK. Without blinking, the front desk manager told a nearby employee to take us to the airport, which he did--even though it was not at the scheduled time. We really appreciated how employees went out of their way to help us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank 18hf18
Reviewed August 8, 2013

A gentlemen named sabbir was very helpful! And the front desk staff are pretty good the gentlemen that is on nights and the lady's on days is very nice and helpfull I would have been lost without them, and they saved me alot of money getting into manhattan. The hotel is not in the best of places if you want to see the city everyday but it's New York.. Traffic is bad no matter where you go; however the driver the got me in touch with got us there in 35 min for $65. Pretty good if you think about how much taxis and subway will cost.. Overall worth the money.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Rugger104
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a very nice JFK airport hotel. I've stayed at almost all of them, from 2 star to 4 star, and this is my "go to" hotel. I usually get this hotel via priceline by selecting three star around JFK, with a bid between $75-$85. That ends up being about $105-$115 our the door with priceline fees and taxes incorporated. The hotel has been recently renovated and rooms are very nice. Food options are pretty much restricted to inside the hotel, which is a little pricey, but food is very good. Several pizza deliveries are available. Gas station/Dunkin Donuts/Convenience Store is a five minute walk away and is safe, even at night. Shuttle from hotel to airport terminals is convenient, every half hour, and normal check out is later than most, at 12:00 noon. My only gripe is they only pickup from the airport at Federal Circle, which you have to take the AirTrain to get to (I'd rather be picked up at a terminal, but almost all hotels require Federal Circle pickup)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business