“They do what they do well!”

Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a comfortable, well appointed and staffed with very welcoming, gracious staff. Those are the good points and they are most of the story.

The restaurant staff are very nice and work very hard although they are a bit under-staffed. I don't mind waiting when the servers are friendly and busy. They are and they are!

The desk staff is very efficient and friendly and the bell service/valet are great!

Room Tip: Use the valet parking although there is street parking it is worth the money.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Courtyard_JFK_Mgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Thank you SmalltowntravelerPa for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott JFK airport hotel. Our goal is to make each of the guest’s experience comfortable and enjoyable. We have happy to hear that you had a great service with our Bistro and front office staff. Please feel free to reach out to us directly when booking your future reservation. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My family and I were late landing in JFK and missed the last connecting flight of the day due to weather. So, before we even got off the plane, I was on my smart phone, looking for the best, closest hotel I could find before everything sold out. I found this and a handful of other near the airport and chose the Courtyard due to past good experiences in other cities. Online booking was fast and simple.

I wan't particularly excited to drop $260 (plus a whopping $70 for taxes and surcharges) on a room that we'd spend maybe 6 hours in, but with a 3-year-old in tow, we had to stay somewhere. An upgraded room was only $20 more. I'm not sure what differentiates the rooms, but I figured I'm already going to blow more on a one night stay here than a week for an apartment in Abruzzo, so why not?

The room was awesome! We were placed on the top floor next to a suite in a double room--two queens. It was a decent sized room. The finishings were very nice. Modern and substantial. The shower was one of the best hotel showers I have ever used. The beds where amazing--featherbed mattress covers and both down and firm feather pillows to choose from, and down duvets. Albeit short, it was the best sleep I had in 2 weeks of vacationing.

Room aside, the staff was nice and helpful. The building was much nicer than expected, considering it is right there at the airport. The cafe serves a limited, but decent enough menu of hot and cold breakfast selections.

While this isn't a destination hotel due to it's location, if I ever find myself stuck at JFK again, I'll definitely return to this one.

Room Tip: Spring for the upgraded rooms if they're only slightly more. The top floor has constant HVAC noi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on May 2013 for a night prior to an early flight. I booked the hotel the night before through Priceline and obtained an excellent rate. ($100/night). The room was small but very clean. The bed was confortable. The bathroom and the whole room was very clean. The staff was very friendly. The only cons are that you have to park on the street and they don't have room service or any restaurant to eat.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank devotemom
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I had to stay at this hotel for one night on May 15th, 2013 because Hilton at JFK Airport was fully booked. I payed over $400 for a room on the executive level. The room had no safe, the bed was so high for a short person, the tiny body lotion bottle in the bathroom was nearly empty, there was no makeup mirror in the bathroom, and the fan for the aircon was quite noisy. A safe, certain amenities, a makeup mirror, etc., are standard in other hotels, especially on the executive floors. Don't expect an executive lounge all they give you is a paper bag when you check in which contains two tiny bottles of spring water and nothing else. What they call a restaurant is in the lobby and it is more like a casual cafe or bistro. The menu is limited but sufficient. The food is served in plastic baskets. Yes, the staff is nice but without basic necessities/amenities for an executive floor traveler who pays over $400 a night, this hotel is a great disappointment. I would avoid this hotel. Try the Hilton at JFK, it is much better.

Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank PHIZ
Courtyard_JFK_Mgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for taking time out to write this review, our goal is our guest’s complete satisfaction. We have shared your comments and suggestions with our team. Here at the Courtyard we have added extra amenities in each room like Microwave, Mini refrigerators, Keurig Coffee machine in room. In the event a safe is needed we do have one located at the front desk.

The Courtyard Bistro plus has wide-ranging of selection that includes Steak, seafood, burger and many different type of Sandwich to choose from.
We look forward to welcome you back, so we can demonstrate our Marriott Spirit to serve, and show you all that our Hotel has to offer!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I originally had a reservation at La Quinta Inn near JFK. Had to cancel that reservation due to a very bad neighborhood. So I had to make a last minute reservation at Courtyard JFK. I paid $400 for one night (Vallet parking included). Very high price for my taste.

I was supposed to get a two queens but got two full. Didn't have the energy to argue though.

Friendly staff and luggage assistance always available.

The $400 per night still hurts...

Room Tip: Higher floors get a nice view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank alerf
Courtyard_JFK_Mgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Hello Alerf, Thank you taking time out to share your feedback with us, I am glad that our friendly staff and bellman were able to assist you during your stay with us, we’re sorry to hear that you didn’t get the room type as expected, unfortunately we only have room type with two double beds or one King bed. I did see that you have booked the park and fly package with complimentary breakfast for two, this package included parking for 7 nights which is a great way for guest with parking needs.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any future hotel needs, We look forward to greeting you back to our hotel.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have now used this hotel as a stopover on 3 occasions when returning off a long international flight. What I want and need at that point is a clean and comfortable place to get some sleep before carrying on...and this hotel delivers that where others I have tried around JFK are more adventure than I am up for after many hours of travel.
I don't want to eat or swim or run on a treadmill....I just want to rest and relax and this place lets me do just that and then delivers me back to the airport in the morning ready to carry on. Takes some of the stress out of traveling knowing that this aspect is going to be easy and problem free and that is a more valuable service to provide than fancy bathrobes I am never going to wear.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank anniekmcc
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

No matter your business its the people who raise u above the level if others. Spending the night before a morning flight and I feel pampered by the caring service, surprisingly good food and human scaled design. Im considered a road warrior and consider this hotel a welcome refuge. OK that second glass of Chardonnay helps but honestly if u do JFK this the place to call home.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank AiDa88
Courtyard_JFK_Mgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you AiDa88 for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We are very happy to be your home away from home. I will share your comment regarding our hotel and staff, I know everyone will be as pleased to read them as I was. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the NYC/JFK vicinity!