“Expensive but close to airport”

Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Guayaquil, Ecuador
“Expensive but close to airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I originally had a reservation at La Quinta Inn near JFK. Had to cancel that reservation due to a very bad neighborhood. So I had to make a last minute reservation at Courtyard JFK. I paid $400 for one night (Vallet parking included). Very high price for my taste.

I was supposed to get a two queens but got two full. Didn't have the energy to argue though.

Friendly staff and luggage assistance always available.

The $400 per night still hurts...

Room Tip: Higher floors get a nice view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank alerf
Courtyard_JFK_Mgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hello Alerf, Thank you taking time out to share your feedback with us, I am glad that our friendly staff and bellman were able to assist you during your stay with us, we’re sorry to hear that you didn’t get the room type as expected, unfortunately we only have room type with two double beds or one King bed. I did see that you have booked the park and fly package with complimentary breakfast for two, this package included parking for 7 nights which is a great way for guest with parking needs.

Please feel free to contact me directly for any future hotel needs, We look forward to greeting you back to our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Tortola
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have now used this hotel as a stopover on 3 occasions when returning off a long international flight. What I want and need at that point is a clean and comfortable place to get some sleep before carrying on...and this hotel delivers that where others I have tried around JFK are more adventure than I am up for after many hours of travel.
I don't want to eat or swim or run on a treadmill....I just want to rest and relax and this place lets me do just that and then delivers me back to the airport in the morning ready to carry on. Takes some of the stress out of traveling knowing that this aspect is going to be easy and problem free and that is a more valuable service to provide than fancy bathrobes I am never going to wear.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank anniekmcc
Bay Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

No matter your business its the people who raise u above the level if others. Spending the night before a morning flight and I feel pampered by the caring service, surprisingly good food and human scaled design. Im considered a road warrior and consider this hotel a welcome refuge. OK that second glass of Chardonnay helps but honestly if u do JFK this the place to call home.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank AiDa88
Courtyard_JFK_Mgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you AiDa88 for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We are very happy to be your home away from home. I will share your comment regarding our hotel and staff, I know everyone will be as pleased to read them as I was. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the NYC/JFK vicinity!
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stay at this property every month for business and always have a good experience. Rooms are comfortable and clean, bed is always great. My only issue is that of the wifi service, it seems to vary quite a bit from room to room. Aside from that I have no complaints

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Dan H
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We flew in to New York for the weekend for a get together with friends in Queens. We flew into JFK and looked for a hotel close to the airport & chose the Courtyard Marriott. When we landed at JFK we went to the phones in the terminal which were clearly marked & punched the code for the Courtyard Marriott, the woman who picked up the phone was friendly & helpful & instructed us to take the Air Train at JFK to Federal circle which was just a few stops away from the terminal and call back which we did & to to my surprise a van was there to pick us up & take us to the hotel in less than 5 minutes. The driver was friendly and took us to the hotel which is about 5 minute ride. When we checked in the staff was friendly & very accommodating. Our room was very clean, we had a nice comfy king size bed and knew we made the right choice. The neighborhood around the hotel isn't the greatest, but its not as bad as some make it sound. We walked about 5 blocks to Rockaway Blvd & bought some things we needed and walked back.. no problem. The hotel was having some work done while we were there and movers were bringing some things in on Sunday but the work didn't seem to be any inconvenience at all. The price is a little high but the closeness to the airport in my view made it worth it. If you have a stop over near JFK or staying in Queens & need a great place to stay the Courtyard Marriott is a great Choice! Great People & a nice clean room are there for you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HarleyRiderFlorida
Pine Plains, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Staying here the night before a morning flight. Crappy neighborhood pay parking or free on the street. They do have a park and fly deal where they valet park at 25 bux a day and they shuttle you to and from the terminal. Small bistro and bar in the lobby, need a room card to operate the elevator. Nice decor and the staff has a great demeanor. It works but no bargain at 259 a night for a couple.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Dave H
New Haven, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was a nice experience, i needed to stay over as I had an early flight . It snowed the night i stayed, the big sell for this property is the shuttle, they do a great job in getting you to the terminal.

The rooms were nice, i was upgraded because of my elite status, provided with free water and a cookie.

The only drawback i have is the lobby is cramped and the food service is Dennys grade, but the staff does their best and thats what counts. I am staying again for early flights, its a no brainer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business