“Good hotel near to JFK, with helpful staff and good beds”

Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Always stay at JFK when in NYC and travel in from Jamaica to Penn Station, to save on hotel costs. This one is good, nice and clean with great attentive staff. Rooms were fine and beds good. Shower worked well, and you are able to grad snacks etc from the Starbucks in the lobby. Overall, nice place to stay with the family as a base camp.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sophielaura
Courtyard_JFK_Mgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

We always appreciagte positive feedback from our guests - and especially so when that feedback comes from a discerning Tripadvisor "Senior Contributor" like "Sophielaura"! Many other guests have also told us they appreciate our location to midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn, Long Island and surrounding areas with our convenient location to the Airtrain/LIRR rail link. Our 24 hour complimentary shuttle whisks you to the JFK Airtrain terminal and all the destinations that can be quickly, comfortably, cost effectively and conveniently reached from there!

Reviewed September 5, 2011

My family and myself stayed at the hotel in July whilst travelling between Washington and San Francisco. Having read some of the reviews prior to arriving I was a little bit apprehensive, especially about the aircraft noise however never had an issue with it upon arrival and had a great sleep. The staff were friendly and the rooms were very clean however a little bit cramped for my liking. The restaurant down stairs had a very small menu selection and the meals were a little bit bland, other than those two minor complaints the hotel was a great place to spend a night.

Likes
- Wifi connection
- Shuttle service
- Friendly staff
- Clean rooms

Dislikes
- A little bit cramped
- Menu selection

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Paddles1964
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My Mom had to be evacuated due to Hurricane Irene. She is ill with dementia and is wheelchair bound, so we needed to get her and her aide into a place where they would be off the ground floor, with no worries of losing power. We were so relieved when we were able to get her into this hotel, not knowing what a great place it was. From the moment we brought her by ambulette to the hotel on that scary Saturday afternoon until the time we picked her up on the following Monday, our aide felt they were safe and secure and had no worries. Both times I was there, the staff was so accommodating and understanding of our situation. They were very helpful in getting my Mom into her room as fast as possible and let her stay in the room until the ambulette got there to pick her up even though they were behind due to the hurricane. Really would recommend this hotel, also, for the clean and beautiful rooms and lobby that they have. The next time I need to put up family or friends in the NY/Long Island area I will definitely use this hotel. Also would recommend it for people who have early flights or get stranded because of cancellations. Very happily surprised and impressed by the experience we had.

Room Tip: Be nice to the person at the front desk. The girl we dealt with was so accommodating and understandi...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sarahj6

Hurricane Irene was challenging for a lot of people in our area - residents and travellers alike. We were glad we could be an "Island of calm in the midst of the storm" for so many. Our thoughts are with those who faced so many difficult challenges - with hopes that everyone is recovering swiftly.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

The staff was amazing and the so was the Hotel. Although the area is not the greatest, if your traveling for business and have to stay in the area this is the best choice. The rooms were updated, the lobby was very nice as well. The food was also very good. There is a Starbucks in the lobby which is a great perk. I have nothing bad to say about this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jennifer M

I am very glad to see that "jspair" found our hotel and staff "AMAZING". I am fortunate to work alongside so may talented hospitality professionals!

Reviewed August 23, 2011

As sad as we were to have to leave our NYC vacation, the Marriott JFK made the transition home that much easier.

We had a 6am flight from JFK, so left our Manhattan hotel to stay a little closer to the airport the night before. This proved to be a GREAT idea.

We were warmly checked in at the reception desk and she did a great job of orienting us to the hotel and their services and answering any questions we had. The room was clean (it looks like they recently got new carpet) and the bed was very comfortable. We had a quiet night sleep which I appreciated since we were up at 3:30am.

There are no restaurants very close to the hotel, but luckily the hotel does have an onsite bistro type restaurant and we were able to get a decent dinner after checking in. They also have some grab and go food and a Starbucks coffee area. The rooms have coffee and a mini-fridge, but you can also get complimentary coffee in the lobby.

The best part of this hotel is their free shuttle to the airport which was VERY convenient.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suz259

I'm glad to see that "Suz259" found her decision to stay at our hotel the night prior to flying out of JFK proved to be a "great idea". I know you will find the same for all the same reasons "Suz259" details above. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel when in the NYC/JFK vicinity!

Reviewed August 17, 2011

An unplanned stay due to a flight miss , we just landed the last room for the night . Happy to get any bed after a long day of travelling . The following day as we went to use the shuttle to the airport , the hotel organised a taxi for us as one of the buses had a mechanical fault and the other was needed for flight crews . All done with a smile. Later that afternoon , I realised I had left an Ipod back in the hotel bedroom and after a couple of calls , Alex in security managed to track it down . 10 minutes later , I had it in hand at JFK as one of the team in the Marriott drove off specially to deliver the Ipod . Great honesty and excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank FearGlic
Courtyard_JFK_Mgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New York JFK Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Thank you to FearGlic for sharing their experiences with our hotel. I read their comments regarding our Customer Service with pride! I consider myself fortunate to work alongside professionals such as Alex and the rest of our team, and have shared your comments with them. We look forward to greeting all readers to our hotel in the future, and sharing our team's best NYC Smiles with you as well!

Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed here for one night whilst traveling between Sydney, Australia and Nantucket, MA. The day before I left, I received an email outlining how to find the hotel and also how to contact and find the shuttle bus service at JFK.

As invited, I rang the hotel from the courtesy phone at JFK and, 10 minutes later, the shuttle bus arrived. At the hotel, the staff were very friendly and gave me a lovely, clean and very quiet room as requested. Whilst it wasn't close to the city, the bistro offered good food at reasonable prices. The staff were genuinely warm and friendly and it was a pleasure staying there.

This hotel is perfect for those travelers who need a nice room near the airport and I would highly recommend them.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Thank you AnitalLP for sharing your thoughts regarding our hotel with us. I was pleased to see that you found our hotel to be "perfect" for you, and we look forward to greeting all our future guests with our goal of providing "perfection" as well. I have shared your comments with all the departments mentioned so they can be as proud to hear them as I was to read them. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott NYC/JFK for your stay!