“Value honesty, integrity? Don't stay here!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Garden Inn & Suites

Garden Inn & Suites
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
“Value honesty, integrity? Don't stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I left something behind in this hotel. Contacted them by phone, half an hour later when I realized. Was told they had my item and would keep it safe. Sent them an overnight postal bag for the return of my belongings. After many phone calls, an email they ignored, a Facebook message they ignored, I finally spoke with someone who said he would return my call. He didn't. When I called back, I was informed that they no longer had my item. Very dishonest staff! The hotel itself was clean but I value honesty and integrity, neither of which was demonstrated to me. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. I will never go back there.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room. Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm concerned about the issues you experienced with our team. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

The Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Jamaica, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

I'm a native Texan and had a connecting flight back to school (University of Pittsburgh) through JFK. Due to the fault of the airline, I missed my connecting flight. I was alone and confused in New York trying to find some place to stay to make my new morning flight. I called Garden Inn and Suites at least five different times, and Lorraine who was on the each phone call directed me through the airport and to the shuttle pick-up, where she then sent a shuttle to pick me up. She was amazing. When I then checked in to the hotel still visibly upset, and half talking to my mom on the phone Charbel made me feel right at home and more comfortable than I had felt all evening. He was making me laugh while still trying to figure out the best price and room for me to stay. He went beyond anything I could ask for when he helped me plan out my morning in order to get back to the airport while still catching breakfast. This is the best place I could have ended up and these two outstanding workers have changed my entire night from miserable to uplifting. I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel and services with the Trip Advisor Community. We are happy to hear that you had a good experience, and certainly do hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

For us this place missed by a few quirky aggravations (all of which could be fixed by improved management and/or supervision) from being a good place. We stayed twice, one night on our way to the Windies and two nights two weeks later upon our return. It reminded me a lot of third world hotels where the property is good but the management doesn't know what they are doing. Checking in, for instance, seemed particularly slow and cumbersome considering we had a pre-paid reservation.

Upon arrival at JFK we called and after being put on hold for TEN MINUTES listening to promotions about the hotel, one of which says "unlike other airport hotels we pick you up and deliver you to your terminal," the woman came on and said we needed to take the Airtrain to Federal Circle and wait for the van there. We'd have caught a shuttle half an hour sooner had we been told that when we first called.

Our first room was spacious and comfy but neither of the lights by the bed worked. The tech, however, came fairly promptly and fixed them. The delivery "Indian Curry Express" meal we ordered in was better than any other motel order-in meal we could remember.

Putting a bag with warm clothes into their storage room was easy at check-out in a.m. and the van left on the dot when it was supposed to go. Having allowed enough time for the Federal Circle/Airtrain shuffle we were expecting made us far earlier than we needed to be for our flight when we were delivered directly to our Terminal.

The second room, when we returned, was quite tiny and again the lights didn't work. This time it was merely that they and the clock radio were unplugged, so we were able to fix that ourselves, but one would think housekeeping would have dealt with this before we arrived. Also there was just one packet of coffee for the one-cup-at-a-time coffee maker... which didn't work anyway. The one they sent to replace it didn't work either, but finally a third one did.

We used the shuttle to go to JFK to take the train into Manhattan, and when we told the driver we wanted Federal Circle he said, "I can take you to the Jamaica train station and instead of the $3 per person charge to the airport, you can pay me $5 each, OK?" In 50 years of traveling it is the first time I've ever been told I had to pay for a "free" airport shuttle, and the driver was really rude thereafter when we turned him down.

The breakfast is about your average included "continental" breakfast these days, but the room is tiny and the buffet is poorly laid out, with bowls at one end and cereal at the other, coffee at one end and milk at the other, and a single two-slot toaster for the bagels.

We'll try a different place next time, but this place is certainly adequate for an overnight or two if you are willing to put up with the quirks.

Dear Valued Guest,

I am terribly sorry to hear that you had a mix review of our hotel. I'm concerned about the inconveniences you experienced at our
hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to
bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

It's perfect for a one night stay around the airport. Staff is very nice and helpful and the shuttle to and from the airport very convenient. The room was clean and warm. Breakfast is a little simple, cereals, bread and butter or cream cheese and a waffle machine, coffee, tea, orange juice.. the breakfast room is small.
The hotel is next to the airport and near a burger place. That's good if you need to eat after a long travel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GardenInnManagement, Operations Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2013

Springfield Gardens, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

my girlfriend and I checked into the garden inn and suites hotel. when we walked into the hotel we were greeted by a young man named michael who assisted us with some questions about how to get around. our room was comfortable. the only complaint I had was heat and the tv was unplugged. we managed to plug it in.. . .housekeeping must do a better job because it is an inconvenience to crawl under a desk and plug it in. we enjoyed our stay. we were checked out by michael again. we loved how much care he shows that the guest is importantt. . .we were asked if we had breakfast and if there is anything the hotel could do to improve our stay. . . .we didn't make a big deal about the tv so we didn't tell him. we would come back again!!!!!!!

Room Tip: ask for michael. goes above nd beyond by showing a long way for them… . .
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GardenInnManagement, Operations Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We wanted to thank you for your great review of our hotel and our staff. We appreciate your review. As you are aware, we do take all guest reviews seriously. They let us know in what area we need to work on and in what in area we are doing great. With that being said, we do apologize for the inconvenience of the television not being plugged in. We appreciate your kind words of our Operations Manager, Michael. We will ensure to share this review with him. We hope to host your stay in the near future. Happy Holidays.

Kolkata
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed for one night.The room was decent. Breakfast was good and filling. The hotel arranges for. A pick up shuttle is available from Federal Circle. However , I waited for nearly 45 minutes on the first occasion.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a great stay and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast! It is delicious. We do apologize if you waited a long time for the shuttle. After recent events throughout the nation, security has increased and the airport police do random security checkpoints which caused our shuttle to be delayed.

Please contact me directly at MGuillen@Gardeninnjfk.com the next time your travel needs brings you back to the JFK Airport/New York City Area. This will enable me to personally ensure your next stay with us is nothing short of spectacular.

Thank you for you staying with us and we certainly do look forward to your next visit!

Michael Guillen | Operations Manager
Cambridge, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

WE booked this at booking.com for the price and were very pleasantly surprised at what we got.

Our ONLY fault with it was the Shuttle from Federal Circle took over 45 minutes fro when we called.

The hotel is a definite upgrade fro the several others we have tried near JFK. We usually take the cheapest we can find with decent reviews Room was clean and nicely appointed. Lobby a bit more upscale than we expected.

Breakfast included make your own waffles and lots of ct fresh fruit.

Very happy wit this choice.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th (top) floor and it was great
Dear Valued Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us and want to thank you for sharing it with the Trip Advisor Community.

In an increasingly competitive industry, we do realize that there are many choices and we thank you for choosing the Garden Inn & Suites JFK Airport. Thus we continuously strive to deliver exceptional service while maintaining a great product. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Michael Guillen | Operations Manager