“Clean and Convenient for JFK Transit passengers”

Garden Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 31 Hotels in Jamaica
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“Clean and Convenient for JFK Transit passengers”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed there 2 months ago out of force as I could not get anything else at that time (I missed my connection) and was positively impressed.

The rooms very very clean....something that I was not expecting ! The staff were mostly friendly but there is a trap.

When you call the front desk asking for a taxi - MAKE SURE you specify that you want a yellow cab. The hotel has a deal with a limo company and would call the limo. I ended up paying $75 for a ride to the city that should cost me $55 max.

Room Tip: Do not take a corner room - internet sucks.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with us and want to thank you for sharing it with the Trip Advisor Community.

In an increasingly competitive industry, we do realize that there are many choices and we thank you for choosing the Garden Inn & Suites JFK Airport. Thus we continuously strive to deliver exceptional service while maintaining a great product. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

In regards to the taxi's, according to NYC Law, Yellow Taxis are prohibited to be called on private properties. Yellow-Taxis can be flagged on street level or picked-up from a designated Taxi Stand (i.e. Airports). The tradeoff is that Private Livery Services can be called on private property, however may not be flagged on street level. We are affiliated with a Car Service Company (Separate Entity) which was contacted when a taxi was requested.

Please contact me directly at MGuillen@Gardeninnjfk.com the next time your travel needs brings you back to the JFK Airport/New York City Area. This will enable me to personally ensure your next stay with us is nothing short of spectacular.

Thank you for you staying with us and we certainly do look forward to your next visit!

Michael Guillen | Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Appleton, WI
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Booked last minute via a third party and got a meager discount, however, I felt the price was too high for what was received, however, it's NYC near an airport.

Good:
Mostly clean room, A/C worked, good bed.

Bad:
Internet was useless. The front desk stated that there was an access code, and when I logged into the wireless, it never asked me for the access code. Fearing that someone was faking the hotel's wireless to grab your personal data, I switched to my cell phone.

Cleaning: Well, housekeeping must only check the to see if there are bottles in in the bathroom and not actually check and replace used ones because I found my bottles of shampoo and conditioner half used. There was no used soap left, so that's a good point.

Shuttle: Was told it ran every half hour. By the time I reached my terminal, it was 15 past hour.. and he had more people to drop off... so I have no clue on how he would make it back. Another guest that was waiting stated he was there ten minutes prior scheduled and he never showed up. Was there two shuttles? I'll never know but it didn't seem like it... the same bus that picked me up also dropped me off in the AM.

The Nitpicky (small things that annoyed me but doesn't really effect my decision to stay again):
Check-in took longer than expected. They already had my information right in front of them and it still took appx 20 minutes to get checked in.

There was no ice bucket in my room. Upon a snide remark of "did you check in your room?", they called someone who brought me a full ice bucket. With the prior attitude, I was expecting an empty bucket, but was pleasantly surprised. Also, regarding Ice, there is only machines on the first and third floor, even though all the signage on each floor states the machine is there.... but it's not.

There also wasn't a hotel directory in the room to see where the ice machines were. Remember, I said this was the nitpicky part... didn't I? ;)

Anyway, to sum it up... Mostly clean rooms that need more attention to detail, mediocre service. The shuttle was a large part of the service rating because of it being an airport hotel. Would I come back? Yes... after checking around again for a better price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm concerned about your recent review of our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

You may email me at MGuillen@gardeninnjfk.com if you would like to discuss your review further.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

This is by far the worst hotel I have EVER stayed at. I have traveled the world and this place us awful. From dirty rooms to incompetent staff that cares nothing of guests. Just warning u pay a little more and stay elsewhere. Wait til you see their shuttle. Lol

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jerry M
GardenInnManagement, Operations Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Michael Guillen | Operations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Jamaica hotels

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Our stay at the garden inn hotel was incredible. We were checked in by Micheal and he went above and beyond our expectations. Our check in was quick and efficient. We were briefed on everything the hotel has to offer and everything was told to us very clear. Micheal, a true professional and leader in the industry. (One of the best, I have ever seen in years of traveling!!)Although the hotel looks like it needs a touch up and the Wi-Fi is a little bit slow it really had a great value. Me and my wife were very happy with the hotel and its services.

I admit that we were very skeptical about the hotel because of the ratings. People!! Don't judge a book by its cover! This hotel is a hidden gem. Micheal and his staff definitely deserve a raise in their salary.

A recommendation would be to have lobby music instead of the piano.

• Stayed September 2013
GardenInnManagement, Operations Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2013

Tucson AZ
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our flight from JFK to Quebec was canceled and Delta booked us at the Garden Inn & Suites. We did not expect the airline would put us in a hotel of this high quality. The hotel is clean, comfortable and a real value. When you have a layover at JFK, this is the place to stay. The hotel provides an airport shuttle and the staff is outstanding, especially the marketing manager, Shani, who assisted us when an outside food vendor made an error on our delivery bill. She helped in correcting the bill even though it was not the hotel's responsibility. The hotel cares about its clientele and is a real find in the JFK area.

Room Tip: The hotel does not have a restaurant on the premise. You need to order delivery service if you do n...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed September 24, 2013

hotel was clean, service of staff was good and the have an excellent shuttle service to the air train at JFK, makes getting around New York easy and affordable. breakfast is good for a free breakfast. able to make your own waffles fresh, good bread selection boiled eggs cerial and Jogurt, juice and coffee. coffee available in room, all in all good value for new york decent property with reasonable facilities

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
GardenInnManagement, Operations Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Wow, what a fantastic review of our hotel! We greatly appreciate your kind words. Please feel to contact me directly at MGuillen@gardeninnjfk.com to further discuss any associates you felt exemplified superior service. Thank you and we hope to welcome you back the next time you are in the JFK Airport/New York City Area!

On behalf of our Management TEAM & Staff, Thank you for your review.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My sister and I stayed at The Garden Inn four nights. I picked this hotel because it looked good okay pictures, it had free breakfast and an airport shuttle. The hotel is average, I think the lobby, restaurant, breakfast area and bar are in great conditions. On the other hand the rooms are okay if you don't play spending all day in there. Stay away from the second floor. We had a view looking over a bunch of garbage cans. Beds are quite comfortable, the bath tub is literally black, we had to step on towels, there is dust on corners of doors. Carpets have nasty yellow stains, plugs on wall falling off. The elevator has finger prints everywhere which is discussing. The customer service we were provided was HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! When we arrived around 11ish there was a transition of shift with the two ladies at the front desk. There was Mariana (Mariela) who was starting her shift, and the other lady wasn't wearing her name tag so I didn't catch her name. When we arrived neither one of them grated us, they were having a problem with their computers and did NOT tell us anything at all. They just kept us waiting for about 15 minutes. The girl hooping on board Mariela (Mariana) doesn't matter; kept saying out loud to her co worker "This computers never work, this is frustrating, its annoying"...The other lady responded back saying..."Because you're stupid" right in front of us and guest behind us. After all this little scene between them the girl on board said "ID and Credit Card" nothing else. These two ladies were not only RUDE to us as guest but also to they're own co workers. Mariela kept answering the phone with a rude tone, making faces and slamming the phone after hanging up. They gave us wrong information about the shuttle it DOES NOT run until 11:30 it runs until 12:30. I am a front Desk Agent in San Francisco and My expectations were high and I was very disappointed, The shuttle drivers were AWESOME and very helpful. Breakfast is little, they're space is bigger than they're breakfast but if delicious that I enjoyed a lot. If it wasn't because the customer service was so disturbing I would probably consider staying here again. I would much rather pay double at a hotel in Times Square where I will be guarantee GREAT customer service.

Room Tip: Nothing on the second floor, the views are horrible.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
GardenInnManagement, Operations Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am terribly sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay during recent trip to the New York City/JFK Airport Area.

At the Garden Inn & Suites we certainly do strive on providing every guest with 100% Satisfaction. Without a doubt this was a terribly disappointing experience for you and an embarrassing one for us. I do apologize for the inconveniences encountered and would like to one day do so in person.

Please feel free to contact me at MGuillen@gardeninnjfk.com so we may discuss your review in more detail.

On behalf of the Management Team, our apologies and we hope to host your stay in the near future.