“Great”

Garden Inn & Suites
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Better then I expected clean hotel nice built bed is comfortable rooms a little small but ok, need to ungraded tv it kept making noise. Got a good sleep staff was nice when u ask them for something but they really don't tell you much about the hotel. Or ask u about your stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Aquarius26
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

to receive your kind words of appreciation however, we are saddened to hear that you had an issue with your television during your stay and we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are currently renovating our rooms and updating the televisions. I have also assured to share the feedback with our front office staff and have reminded them the importance of interacting with our guests.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services
we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words and feedback. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I must confess that my first impression was bad, but was clean and good connected to the JFK. We missed a connection a Delta gave us a free stay at this hotel.
Wifi was for free and we got to Manhattan vía the shuttle, airtrain and the metro easily.
Rooms near the highway are noisy.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in front of the highway.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ChechuZ
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

to receive your kind words of appreciation.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed here for one night and was bitten six times by bed bugs!!! Do not stay in room 410. I am now afraid that some of the bed bugs might have gotten on my luggage. What a nightmare! I threw out my luggage and have washed and rewashed every article of clothing that I had in my luggage. Choose another hotel! This one is not worth the hassle.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Paigemcf
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

It is unfortunate that you encountered the international issue of bed bugs. As soon as we became aware of your complaint the management team of four, who are thoroughly trained on the issue inspected the room. As you know when you travel locally, nationally, and internationally you can get bed bugs from buses, airplanes, public places, and other modes of transportation. At the Garden Inn & Suites we use preventative treatment and maintenance of the hotel with inspections and exterminators to protect our guests. We hope that everyone is ok, and that you return to Garden Inn & Suites at J.F.K. International Airport.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in 12/12. The hotel has nothing but street parking in a residential area, so spaces near the hotel are very scarce. Breakfast was free, but just average, with coffee served in small, styrofoam cuos with no lids. There are no smoking rooms, so smokers are forced ouside in summer and winter. The rooms were very small, with no walkspace once my luggage was open. Hallways were dark and dreary. Wi-fi was unreliable, so I had to use an expensive personal aircard to log on and work while staying there. The front desk staff was polite and courteous, but couldn't even grant a request for a xerox copy. For a night before a flight out, I suppose this place is OK, but for an extended stay, I'd go somewhere else; which I did after two nights.

Room Tip: Get a lower floor; only two slow elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Roomforerror
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are sorry that our hotel was not to your liking. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to
bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I needed place for 18 hours on my way back home, and this was about the cheapest hotel available near the airport. In that regards, it was perfect. The shuttles were convenient and cost effective. The room was clean, the staff fine, etc. The neighborhood is more residential and there's nothing around. All things considered, it suit my needs. NY is so expensive to travel through, and even this hotel was by no means "cheap". It's amazing how little $150 gets you, but when compared with others, it was good option.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Ms./Mrs. Rodgers,

to receive your kind words of appreciation.

that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have booked this hotel mainly for its proximity to the airport and the free shuttle from JFK. It was also good priced. However, I was really shocked with the state of the hotel. Its been a while since it was renovated. The room doors are in an awful state, definitely need change.
The reception staff was friendly though and breakfast was average.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dimitris2011
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

bring this matter to my attention. We would also like to inform you that our property has been here since 1967 and we recently went through a full renovation as of 2010. The renovation was completed in 2011. We have replaced 75% of the rooms with 35" flat screen TV's, and are currently replacing the remaining 25%.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I booked this hotel thinking it was a Hilton Garden Inn. It is definitely not! The hotel looks like it was designed for weddings - a glitzy foyer and nice patio area. However the rooms were very standard. The complimentary breakfast was just okay. Free shuttle from JFK was quick and convenient.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

to receive your kind words of appreciation. We never present ourselves as a Hilton property therefore, we apologize for any confusion the Hilton Garden Inn may have caused you.

that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services