“Fine for one night stay”

Garden Inn & Suites
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Jamaica
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I needed place for 18 hours on my way back home, and this was about the cheapest hotel available near the airport. In that regards, it was perfect. The shuttles were convenient and cost effective. The room was clean, the staff fine, etc. The neighborhood is more residential and there's nothing around. All things considered, it suit my needs. NY is so expensive to travel through, and even this hotel was by no means "cheap". It's amazing how little $150 gets you, but when compared with others, it was good option.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Ms./Mrs. Rodgers,

staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have booked this hotel mainly for its proximity to the airport and the free shuttle from JFK. It was also good priced. However, I was really shocked with the state of the hotel. Its been a while since it was renovated. The room doors are in an awful state, definitely need change.
The reception staff was friendly though and breakfast was average.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dimitris2011
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We are sorry that our hotel was not to your liking. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to
bring this matter to my attention. We would also like to inform you that our property has been here since 1967 and we recently went through a full renovation as of 2010. The renovation was completed in 2011. We have replaced 75% of the rooms with 35" flat screen TV's, and are currently replacing the remaining 25%.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay
to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our
guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're
doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

The Management Team

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I booked this hotel thinking it was a Hilton Garden Inn. It is definitely not! The hotel looks like it was designed for weddings - a glitzy foyer and nice patio area. However the rooms were very standard. The complimentary breakfast was just okay. Free shuttle from JFK was quick and convenient.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

to receive your kind words of appreciation. We never present ourselves as a Hilton property therefore, we apologize for any confusion the Hilton Garden Inn may have caused you.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Wao ! We've never been to New York before, I brought my daughter on a spring break. The service was great. We couldnt open our door on the first day. We were immediately given another room right away. All of the office staff were good and courteous but th particular lady that make our trip so worthy and fun was YANNEK. She is great,very helpful every step of the way from the day i was introduced to her. She gave me the confidence when i wasnt sure of staying in garden inn.Thank you Yannek for all your help.when i come on vacation again. I will definitely stay at your hotel. Very clean, convenient,quiet and my daughter loves ur breakfast. Keep up the good job people. Your service speaks for itself. Once again thanks Yannek, for making our vacation trip worthwhile.

Room Tip: corner room are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Funkeomiwadeoniya,

best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. We have made sure to inform Yannek of your good comments as well.

The Management Team

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Firstly I want to apologise that I am late in posting our review.

We stayed here for 1 day/night only last year. It was not pre-booked. This Hotel was provided by Delta Airways due to flight delay, in-which we then missed our connection back home to Heathrow.
We would like to thank Delta, for their support,in this situation. Delta arranged for the transport to an from the airport. (free) food voucher for 2 adults and 2 children. free Hotel (bed and breakfast) free. Plus toiletries bag too.
On arrival after travelling only a short distance from JFK Airport. (10mins) We were greeted by a lovely lady. I gave her the hotel voucher, she explained that we would be in suite/family. ie 2 rooms plus bathroom. With 2 tv's (children loved this, they could watch while in bed)
Room was very clean and comfy. She arranged for extra linen to be bought up to us too.
Tea/coffee facility was also in the room. We all had a lovely sleep considering the situation we were under!
We all woke early and decided to go downstairs to have some breakfast,
Nice breakfast, you could even make your own waffles, We spoke to the receptionist to see what time we had to check out and she confirmed midday, it was only 9.30 and our flight was not til 22.hours on the evening. Taxi was collecting us at 18.00hours.
We asked how much a taxi would be to get into city,,, she said it was @ £40-£50 and it was @ 40mins drive away. If we went on tube, she said it would take over 1 hour!
We decided to leave our luggage and go into the city,,,,
Hotel booked our taxi, lovely guy. (we kept his business card) he explained where to go etc
It took us over 40 mins, nearly 1 hour! to be truthful. (,,work traffic and road works...)
we did get dropped off at the river,,, but we decided not to go on the boat, due our daughter not feeling well. So we decided to walk @ 3 -4 blocks and we arrived at TIMES SQUARE,
omg, amazing,... New York is huge!You think London is big, but New york is well!!!!!!
Alot of goings on around this area. we all loved it.... Disney shop omg... largest shop ever....
Due to the time limit, we only had time to check out Times square.
Taxi arrived to take us back to the hotel.
We truely thought that this hotel was perfect, however may be if we do return back may be we would try hotel nearer to the city, but if you wish to be near to the airport, this hotel would be ideal, Thank you for a lovely stay.....

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mktaylor39
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Mr/Mrs Taylor,

Thank you for your review and inspiring comments. I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed your recent experience with us at the Garden Inn & Suites.

best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. I am going to share your compliments with my team here.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I was catching a flight to Hong Kong the next day and just needed a place to stay for the night.

The front desk staff are super helpful and incredibly friendly. I was cheerfully greeted by and Yannek & Mike.. I asked about food and they provided me with menus for numerous restaurants that deliver.

Although not updated, the rooms are good size and clean. The bed was comfortable with clean sheets. There was also a huge flat screen TV as well. The free Wifi was nice too!

This hotel is not brand new but its clean, comfortable and extremely close to the airport.. The shuttle runs every 30 mins.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank TPA001
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had the most wonderful and cosy experience last Saturday at the Garden Inn JFK. We rented a room for two nights in this hotel and is very close to the airport! I stayed here with my family and had a wonderful time. The room was comfortable, clean and spacious. The bathroom was incredibly clean and the water pressure for the shower was PERFECT. They had many types of amenities in the rooms but were not needed for my family. The staff made us feel like we were family to them. The price was very affordable for the GREAT quality service they gave us. I recommended my family and friends to go to JFK, and for surely to stay at this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brad F
GardenInnManagement, Front Office Manager at Garden Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Dear Brad F,

On behalf of our hotel staff and management team, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of appreciation.

we provide.

Again, I would like to thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.