“Not bad - very nice decor”

Sleep Inn JFK Airport
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Jamaica
New Jersey, United States
“Not bad - very nice decor”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Came here with my boyfriend for an overnight stay because we had to be somewhere in the morning and although it was a little awkward that the front desk put us right near the front desk - we were amazed with the nice decor. Looks newly renovated, however seemed a bit cramp. Small rooms but good for the price compared to a lot of hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is a great hotel for one night between airports in nyc. The rooms are medium sized, clean and not spent. they have king size bed and good shower. The wi-fi worked perfectly. Jesus, the driver who picked us up at the airport, deserves five stars for his positive attitude and willingness to serve. He took us to a restaurant at 10:00 at night and when it was closed, suggested another and picked us up at 11:00. The front desk staff was very responsible as I had sent two packages to be held for my arrival and they were there waiting for me. Both Savitri (sic) and Zemurray (sp?) at the front desk were more than attentive and interested.
My only druther is that we had to wait more than 30 mins at ?? circle for the shuttle.
I almost forgot, all this and breakfast for under $130 in nyc!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Monica H, Front Office Manager at Sleep Inn JFK Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2014

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 7, 2013

NOT SAFE !!!! NO SECURITY!!!! PRONED TO ARMED ROBBERY!!!!!
The morning we came to check out my husband and I thought something seemed out of place, as the front desk staff and manager was acting strange. Only to have some one confided in us that the hotel was robbed few hours earlier by armed men. The scariest thing that it wasn't the hotels first armed robbery, and yet they refuse to have security on the premises knowing the area it is located in. SMALL ROOMS!!The size of the rooms are just to take a nap, very little space to move around. Was recommended by our friend to stay there as he said the front desk staff was kind and friendly. ALWAYs CHANGING STAFF!!!!!!!!To our surprise, there were all new staff, which made the check in process really long. When my husband and I inquired we were told that those staff members no longer work there. They confided that the staff turn over rate is really high. Which I think is starting to affect the quality of customer service given.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sandy998

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to sincerely apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We have since made various improvements and changes.Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Jamaica hotels

Centereach, New York
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel was small, but clean. The room was excellent although a little small as well. Absolutely no complaints about the room. If you're not from NYC the area will definitely spook you. It's in an extremely sketchy area of Jamaica. This is the type pf hotel you go to if you are going to enter the hotel and not leave until you have to the next day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
dam914
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Shuttle to JFK every....hour. Hotel located 15 min from Federal Circle.
Wifi....wasn't working September satuday 21 st ..... no compasation payout offered
The rudest front desk staff I had never experimented Spetember 20th at 11pm.

Spend $10 more and go to an other JFK aiport

AVOID AVOID AVOID !!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dam914

Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I had a wonderful stay. Only draw back is the small room. The staff is wonderful and very friendly. I was at JFK waiting for my fligh when I realized I left my cell phone on the bed. I called the hotel and they said they would check to room for me. Houskeeping called my husbands phone to let me know they found it. They had their shuttle driver bring the phone to me at JFK. Now that's what I call good customer relations.

I grew up in the area, so if you are not from there, you will need to rent a car. Great place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Modesto, California
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Sleep Inn the night before a flight out of JFK. Our room was small but very clean. The staff was courteous and helpful. The free airport shuttle left on time. The neighborhood, however, is sketchy - no late evening strolls for us! If not for the uncomfortable location, I would have rated this hotel experience as a 4.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family