“Debit Card Over Charged - Beware!!!”

The Palm Bar & Grille
Ranked #224 of 409 Restaurants in Jamaica
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Middlesex, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Debit Card Over Charged - Beware!!!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My debit card was charged an extra $5. The total was 25.91. The tip was $5 which was more than 15% so I wrote in $30.91 but the waiter changed the total of the bill to show an extra $5 even though I wrote in a $30.91. The the total I was changed was $35.91. He changed the bill from $30.91 to 35.91. I called and complained to the manger and he said he would credit my debit card but he never credited my account! Then he tried to say I wrote in $35.91 which I know I absolutely did not. Beware when eating or drinking at the Palm Steakhouse at JFK!!! Make sure you check your bill and follow up on your credit card online and check your statement to make sure you were not taken advantage of like I was. Shame on you!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Jim82012

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chris made our visit great!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I live in Brooklyn and had a client on a layover who wanted to have our business meeting at a restaurant. Can you believe that at terminal 5 all the restaurants are beyond security so if you don't have a ticket, you can't get in?? Well we traveled from 5 to 4 and had a great experience. The tuna app, the crab-cake, the calamari, Chris and Margaret were very attentive, which helped warm up my client. The wine was great, and Chris was also very smart with helping me to pay the bill without my client knowing. For dining in the airport, this is top notch!!!

• Visited June 2012
Seoul, South Korea
“Romantic ambience and generous wine selection but it comes at a price”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We parked ourselves here at a long table for an hour or so before sending two members of our party off from the Terminal 4 B-gate right outside the Palm's window. Lovely ambience - dimly lighted and moody but in a romantic not depressing way - you forget you're at an airport. To be honest, we didn't have a full dinner - just drinks and apps, a burger and a salad, and still the bill stretched past $100 for 5 of us. Great wine selection (though a bit pricey at $12~$15 and up for a glass); burger earned a thumbs-up, and french fries were crisp but not oily. Note: Coffee isn't "on" the menu but they do have java - and my Americano was one of the best I've had n a long time. Be forewarned that you will pay a pretty penny for this ambience - and the tip aka "gratuity" of 17% is included!

• Visited November 2011
Newtown, Connecticut
“total rip-off”
Reviewed January 13, 2011

being a long time fan of the palm (having frequented three manhattan outlets plus the one in d.c.), i was thrilled to see an outlet at the airport. the kitchen is obviously not run by true palm grill-masters; the food was mediocre at best and some of it downright inedible. save your money and eat at the macdonalds down the concourse. it'll be just as good and won't cost nearly as much.

Visited January 2011